Somali Ethiopian Govt Officials warns TPLF to not hold elections?!

Screenshot_20200809-071850_Drive.jpg

Ethiopians fear the Somalis extremely high. In 1900, when Sheikh Mohammed dared attack JigJiga, forty miles east of Harar, the Ethiopians under Gerazmatch Bante claimed victory , but was reported otherwise by the British Vice-Consul at Harar.

"The Abyssinians , it seems, fear the Somalis very much. I have never seen men so afraid as they are now; they have given rifles to the children to show they have troops here"

Ibid. 56; A. Gaibi, Manuale di Storia politico-militare delle Colonie Italiane (Rome, 1928.

& ,

"Mad Mullah of Somalia by Robert Hess.

Last edited:
I didn't say they all did, but i am saying, the liyyu is or was a strong force to be reckoned with, and also, a bit... out of their minds, from what I've heard and what witnesses have seen/said.

but the us did not arm them in the manner that the soviets did. this is a fact, the ethiopian army didn't even have ak's or its american equivalent until the soviets did that 1-2 billion dollar arm deal.
internal power struggle + lack of sufficient and modern arms + fighting multiple wars, is a good amount of reasons to a fair minded person, kind sir.

think of it like this: if somalia was fighting snm, ssdf, and countless other ''rebel groups,'' and ethiopians, and dealing with internal governmental issues; would it have been the same quick success they had? or..? probably not. let's call a spade a spade, and admit, siad barre saw a weak ethiopia, and took his chances, not that I BLAME him or anything, makes sense.

of course ethiopia was weak, it was fighting from eritrea to tigray to oromo lands, to somalis.
and its govt was going through an internal struggle.

it'd be like us bragging about invading somalia today, it's pointless when we know somalia has its issues its going through.

Ethiopia received modern weapons from the Europeans during colonialism and the Europeans helped Haile Selassie established the Ethiopian airforce as early as 1929. After WWII the Americans took over and gave Ethiopia weapons and military aid worth millions of dollars. So you’re making excuses for a country that fought a single ethnic group and still had to be saved by outsiders!

If Ethiopia invades Somalia and the Somalis there were united in expelling Ethiopia from their land, it would’ve been Vietnam on steroids. Somalia would become a graveyard for Ethiopian soldiers.

In 2006 with US tactical support and support from traitorous Somali militias lead by AY and Gedi, Ethiopia lost thousands of soldiers to the Islamic Courts Union.

Your country is in a defense pact with Kenya because of Somalis.

Ethiopia received modern weapons from the Europeans during colonialism and the Europeans helped Haile Selassie established the Ethiopian airforce as early as 1929. After WWII the Americans took over and gave Ethiopia weapons and military aid worth millions of dollars. So you’re making excuses for a country that fought a single ethnic group and still had to be saved by outsiders!

If Ethiopia invades Somalia and the Somalis there were united in expelling Ethiopia from their land, it would’ve been Vietnam on steroids. Somalia would become a graveyard for Ethiopian soldiers.

In 2006 with US tactical support and support from traitorous Somali militias lead by AY and Gedi, Ethiopia lost thousands of soldiers to the Islamic Courts Union.

Your country is in a defense pact with Kenya because of Somalis.

But none of those old weapons can match to the modern firearms the soviets gave to the somalis, and then to the ethiopians later on.
and somalia invaded when ethiopia was weakened, as i said, fighting multiple wars on multiple fronts, and a weakened government.
it's like us bragging about invading somalia today when we know somalia's army is dependent on others to train it, and get it up to par, while ethiopia's defense force produces its own tanks, for itself, and for the amisom, among other things, it is also known as one of africa's most battle hardened forces.

as far as 2006 goes, what did you expect, it's war, of course men are going to be lost, it's like saying ''hey you're walking in rain, so you're gonna get wet,'' lol.
I did not support it, even though i was a teenage back then, and most ethiopians probably didn't, because look at the results, the ICU split and part of it became even worse, al shabab, and ICU brought peace to mogadishu for the 6 months it ruled.

that was in haile selassie's time, the same way somalia was trying to arm oromo, afars, etc, in ethiopia, to fight their own govt, to later claim their land as ''somali abbo'' and other than that... alliances are usually formed to advances ones interests, no?

Ethiopians fear the Somalis extremely high. In 1900, when Sheikh Mohammed dared attack JigJiga, forty miles east of Harar, the Ethiopians under Gerazmatch Bante claimed victory , but was reported otherwise by the British Vice-Consul at Harar.

"The Abyssinians , it seems, fear the Somalis very much. I have never seen men so afraid as they are now; they have given rifles to the children to show they have troops here"

Ibid. 56; A. Gaibi, Manuale di Storia politico-militare delle Colonie Italiane (Rome, 1928.

& ,

"Mad Mullah of Somalia by Robert Hess.

no doubt. somalis are fierce fighters. nobody denied that. but, it takes more than that, to build an efficient state. you gotta stop fighting eventually and build dams, universities, roads, etc. right?

Fraudster could you also mention the fact that the Ethiopian expansion under Menelik was propelled by Europeans giving Menelik guns and stopping other horners from importing it.

Your sell out grandparents left Islamic religion so that they could get guns from Menelik who was been armed to teeth by Europeans.

Angry Ogaden Nomad friend,

Yes that happened, menelik was armed, and that's history, that we cannot change.
He also had muslims in his army, afars, oromos, gurage, and others.

ah yes you know my grandparents very well and now accuse them of kufr, and you do not even know them or me, they may have been better Muslims than you ever will be, yet you slander them, mashaaAllah keep adding more and more sins to your book of deeds.

But none of those old weapons can match to the modern firearms the soviets gave to the somalis, and then to the ethiopians later on.
and somalia invaded when ethiopia was weakened, as i said, fighting multiple wars on multiple fronts, and a weakened government.
it's like us bragging about invading somalia today when we know somalia's army is dependent on others to train it, and get it up to par, while ethiopia's defense force produces its own tanks, for itself, and for the amisom, among other things, it is also known as one of africa's most battle hardened forces.

as far as 2006 goes, what did you expect, it's war, of course men are going to be lost, it's like saying ''hey you're walking in rain, so you're gonna get wet,'' lol.
I did not support it, even though i was a teenage back then, and most ethiopians probably didn't, because look at the results, the ICU split and part of it became even worse, al shabab, and ICU brought peace to mogadishu for the 6 months it ruled.

that was in haile selassie's time, the same way somalia was trying to arm oromo, afars, etc, in ethiopia, to fight their own govt, to later claim their land as ''somali abbo'' and other than that... alliances are usually formed to advances ones interests, no?

Old weapons? Another lie!

The Americans gave you weapons that other sub Saharan African countries did not have like sophisticated air to air missiles. Ethiopia already had an advantage and still got billions of dollars in Soviet military aid and foreign armies and commanders fighting for them against one ethnic group!

Somalis felt sympathetic to the backstabbing, Habesha loving Oromo. “Somali Abo” means Somali brother in south Somali dialect. Somalis claimed Harar and Dir Dhaba and they’re not Oromo territory nor is eastern Baabile.

Somalis should have supported the Afar who are closer to Somalis in terms of culture, langauge and even DNA instead of the semi Habesh Oromo.

The militant wing of ICU (pre cursor to AlShabaab) fought the invading Ethiopian military and the devastating casualties forced Meles Zenawi to accuse Eritrea of fighting inside Somalia.

Old weapons? Another lie!

The Americans gave you weapons that other sub Saharan African countries did not have like sophisticated air to air missiles. Ethiopia already had an advantage and still got billions of dollars in Soviet military aid and foreign armies and commanders fighting for them against one ethnic group!

Somalis felt sympathetic to the backstabbing, Habesha loving Oromo. “Somali Abo” means Somali brother in south Somali dialect. Somalis claimed Harar and Dir Dhaba and they’re not Oromo territory nor is eastern Baabile.

Somalis should have supported the Afar who are closer to Somalis in terms of culture, langauge and even DNA instead of the semi Habesh Oromo.

The militant wing of ICU (pre cursor to AlShabaab) fought the invading Ethiopian military and the devastating casualties forced Meles Zenawi to accuse Eritrea of fighting inside Somalia.

OLD in COMPARISON to what was modern at the time the ogaden war broke out.
it's well known that the ethiopians had old antiquated rifles, in comparison to the automatic AK's.
it's like comparing a semi auto rifle to a fully auto; is there a comparison?
i'm talking before and during the ogaden war, not later on.
ethio never had ''sophisticated air to air missiles,'' LOLwut?

That is actually why mengistu switched to the soviets, because america was like ''nah bruh, we'll give you some basic stuff, but nothing too fancy,'' haile selassie wanted more advanced weapons and better equipment generally speaking, didn't happen til the soviets sent billions in arms.

i know exactly what somali abbo means, my father was an OLF commander, lived in mogadishu from 1978 to 1981, learned the language, got military training there, and met siad barre countless times... and disagreed with him, to his face, fearlessly.
siad barre wanted to annex way more than the land that is disputed between us today, and he wanted to take a chunk of the afars land.
his greed ultimately led to big problems for him. he turned potential allies, OLF/OROMOS, Afars, to enemies. not smart. then again he wasn't that smart, he tried to change parts of the Qur'an [inheritance laws], and he also thought he could just bomb the isaaq's into submission instead of working with them, then what happened? SNM formed, a strong army, and won.

ICU was no match for Ethiopia, you cannot compare dudes with ak's in flip flops to a somewhat modern army with helicopters, tanks, APC's, and so on...they were running, hiding their weapons, to fight another way.
there were heavy casualties, which is to be expected in a war, especially when it's one conventional army vs a guerrilla army, but the ICU never recovered, and it split into the extremist al shabab.

OLD in COMPARISON to what was modern at the time the ogaden war broke out.
it's well known that the ethiopians had old antiquated rifles, in comparison to the automatic AK's.
it's like comparing a semi auto rifle to a fully auto; is there a comparison?
i'm talking before and during the ogaden war, not later on.
ethio never had ''sophisticated air to air missiles,'' LOLwut?

That is actually why mengistu switched to the soviets, because america was like ''nah bruh, we'll give you some basic stuff, but nothing too fancy,'' haile selassie wanted more advanced weapons and better equipment generally speaking, didn't happen til the soviets sent billions in arms.

i know exactly what somali abbo means, my father was an OLF commander, lived in mogadishu from 1978 to 1981, learned the language, got military training there, and met siad barre countless times... and disagreed with him, to his face, fearlessly.
siad barre wanted to annex way more than the land that is disputed between us today, and he wanted to take a chunk of the afars land.
his greed ultimately led to big problems for him. he turned potential allies, OLF/OROMOS, Afars, to enemies. not smart. then again he wasn't that smart, he tried to change parts of the Qur'an [inheritance laws], and he also thought he could just bomb the isaaq's into submission instead of working with them, then what happened? SNM formed, a strong army, and won.

ICU was no match for Ethiopia, you cannot compare dudes with ak's in flip flops to a somewhat modern army with helicopters, tanks, APC's, and so on...they were running, hiding their weapons, to fight another way.
there were heavy casualties, which is to be expected in a war, especially when it's one conventional army vs a guerrilla army, but the ICU never recovered, and it split into the extremist al shabab.

The Ethiopian army had M16 rifles. American supplied sophisticated air to air missiles decimated the Somali airforce in 1977/78. The Americans supplied these sophisticated missiles to Ethiopia in 1971.

Mengistu changed sides because the Americans were unwilling to challenge the Soviet Union in the Horn of Africa, not because of armaments. The Soviets supplied weapons and aid worth billions of dollars in 2 weeks yet the Ethiopian army was still unable to stop the Somalis. That’s when the Soviet commanders decided to import 22k battle hardened allied soldiers from Cuba and South Yemen.

The OLF was a liability to dictator Siad Barre unlike the more successful EPLF. The goal was to liberate Somali territory not annex Afar or Oromo territory.

ICU split when some of its leaders reconciled with the TFG. ICU did not split because of the Ethiopian invasion and it was only the militant wing (precursor to Alshabaab) that fought the Ethiopian military and made Meles Zenawi cry about Eritrea!

Angry Ogaden Nomad friend,

Yes that happened, menelik was armed, and that's history, that we cannot change.
He also had muslims in his army, afars, oromos, gurage, and others.

ah yes you know my grandparents very well and now accuse them of kufr, and you do not even know them or me, they may have been better Muslims than you ever will be, yet you slander them, mashaaAllah keep adding more and more sins to your book of deeds.
His.muslim army converted to christianity so they are not muslims but mortad just like Abye and were used to crush and kill muslims something you seem to be proud of.

You are so proud of Menelik and Yohaness history of fighting the Mehid that you consider the Mahdi as an enemy.

You prefer to work with Kuffar than with a fellow muslim.That is why I call you a xabashi midget Oromo.
At least the Arsi oromos were allied to the Ogaden Somalis and other Somalis in general.

no doubt. somalis are fierce fighters. nobody denied that. but, it takes more than that, to build an efficient state. you gotta stop fighting eventually and build dams, universities, roads, etc. right?

You do well know that half of Somali lands is under occupation be it Ethiopia or Kenya right.You so know that before the Europeans the Somali lands were prosperous trading with India,china and middle east and Eastern African nations.

Where should I build the damage and universities in Jigigia or Godey or ?You know well.Abye would like to settle Amhara in Somali regions Ethiopia and turn Jigjiga a special zone after Somalis having developed it.

These somali wars are created by external forces like the west in the interest of protecting Ethiopian interest..
The

His.muslim army converted to christianity so they are not muslims but mortad just like Abye and were used to crush and kill muslims something you seem to be proud of.

You are so proud of Menelik and Yohaness history of fighting the Mehid that you consider the Mahdi as an enemy.

You prefer to work with Kuffar than with a fellow muslim.That is why I call you a xabashi midget Oromo.
At least the Arsi oromos were allied to the Ogaden Somalis and other Somalis in general.

Not really. He had Muslims and christians together, in the same army. he crushed christians, too, and anyone who was in his way, he was out for power, like all empire builders.
just being real, never said i was a fan of the man, but the truth is the truth.
btw-abiy was never muslim. his father was, according to him, but there's no evidence/proof/stories/etc, of him being muslim himself.

who said i was proud of menelik or yohannes? just you lying on me, again, so continue to lie on me, so you can add more sins to our book of deeds. indeed the one with no shame, should do as they wish. and that's you.

many habashis are muslims, and better muslims than you, and fear Allah better than you and me; yet you insult them all with that kind of stuff, so keep it up, keep adding more insults and sins of slander, to your book of deeds.
the somali army was raping and burning muslim oromos in the last ogaden war, let's not pretend that ALL somalis are Allah-fearing muslims.
one can just observe the behavior of you, and the insults and slander you utter towards muslim(s), with no fear or shame in front of Allah, to see that.

Not really. He had Muslims and christians together, in the same army. he crushed christians, too, and anyone who was in his way, he was out for power, like all empire builders.
just being real, never said i was a fan of the man, but the truth is the truth.
btw-abiy was never muslim. his father was, according to him, but there's no evidence/proof/stories/etc, of him being muslim himself.

who said i was proud of menelik or yohannes? just you lying on me, again, so continue to lie on me, so you can add more sins to our book of deeds. indeed the one with no shame, should do as they wish. and that's you.

many habashis are muslims, and better muslims than you, and fear Allah better than you and me; yet you insult them all with that kind of stuff, so keep it up, keep adding more insults and sins of slander, to your book of deeds.
the somali army was raping and burning muslim oromos in the last ogaden war, let's not pretend that ALL somalis are Allah-fearing muslims.
one can just observe the behavior of you, and the insults and slander you utter towards muslim(s), with no fear or shame in front of Allah, to see that.
You are the only " Oromo" ""muslim" that I have seen supporting Menelik who was ethnic cleansing Oromos especially the muslim Oromos and you called it he unified Oromos yet hate on Mahdi who was fighting this ruthless christian Highlanders who were forcing people to convert into christianity.

Also why was oromo language and culture banned if Oromos were allied with Menelik? Why was Haile selasie who was half " Oromo" ban the oromo culture.You cant say you were part of it when you couldnt even identify with your heritage and had to abandon your religion and culture.

If you were part of the empire they would have celebrated your culture and heritage even the Tigray language was not banned like they banned the Oromo culture.

Also you are a still fraudster and have doubts about you know because you also seem to speak Somali.Yet you are not Arsi,Ittu,Nole Oromo.

You are a highlander Amhara who probably grew with Oromos after Haile selasie settled you in Oromo farms after Haile selasie settled you from Gonder and Gojjam.

Abye was muslim he was taught Quran at a young age and he left the religion.His mom was single mother before an Oromo man married her.

Just like you when opportunity knocking you will remove your necklace with a cross under your mattress.

You are the only " Oromo" ""muslim" that I have seen supporting Menelik who was ethnic cleansing Oromos especially the muslim Oromos and you called it he unified Oromos yet hate on Mahdi who was fighting this ruthless christian Highlanders who were forcing people to convert into christianity.

Also why was oromo language and culture banned if Oromos were allied with Menelik? Why was Haile selasie who was half " Oromo" ban the oromo culture.You cant say you were part of it when you couldnt even identify with your heritage and had to abandon your religion and culture.

If you were part of the empire they would have celebrated your culture and heritage even the Tigray language was not banned like they banned the Oromo culture.

Also you are a still fraudster and have doubts about you know because you also seem to speak Somali.Yet you are not Arsi,Ittu,Nole Oromo.

You are a highlander Amhara who probably grew with Oromos after Haile selasie settled you in Oromo farms after Haile selasie settled you from Gonder and Gojjam.

Abye was muslim he was taught Quran at a young age and he left the religion.His mom was single mother before an Oromo man married her.

Just like you when opportunity knocking you will remove your necklace with a cross under your mattress.

1. Never said I support Menelik, but I am for the truth, so I tell the truth about him. Can you show me where I said I support him? Or are you lying again?

2. Gobana, the oromo general, did unify oromos, who were fighting each other for years. If a somali general came, and unified marehan, ogaden ,isaaq, and others, by force, and put them under one empire; I am sure you guys would not oppose him, or at the very least, admit the good of that. It's that simple.

3. all languages except for amharic were banned under haile selassie, he wanted to amhara-ize the empire, he banned tigrinya in eritrea and tigray too, and in the end, he failed. once again-show me where I said, I support those actions or ideals.

4. look up the yejju oromo dynasty-oromos were indeed part of the empire, they ruled the amharas themselves, in gondar, for close to a century, and the oromo language was the language of the court there.
menelik himself could've been killed by the muslim wallo oromo warriors, who were his bodyguards, when tewodros wanted him back dead or alive.
do i need to educate you on our history? you seem to know very, very little.

5. Lie on me all you want, but the truth is, you are just adding more sins to your own book of deeds, so continue bro, i will gladly give you some of my many sins on the day of judgement, no problem there, i love it!

6. PROVE Abiy was ever Muslim then, can you prove it?
Not just rumors, or hearsay, actual PROOF.

Keep lying on me, that's good bro, you can take some of my sins on the day of judgement, or i will take some of your good deeds. Keep it up.

When are the tplf proposed elections taking place?

They were originally scheduled for sometime in August, this month, but who knows, the tplf may delay it a little bit.
The thing is this: TPLF knows that the abiy regime is losing its base in oromia, so if it were to hold elections, it'd lose pretty bad to the oromo liberation front-and the oromo federalist congress, hence the reason why abiy's regime arrested the leaders of those parties. to leave oromos without a viable alternative.
tplf knows it will win in tigray, so that's a no brainer.

Trending