Somali elder says 100k for his daughter nothing less in the middle of meher dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the husband doesn't divorce the wife or marries again, technically he doesn't give it?

Madness
Its somali practice . When you offer the mehr she automatically thinks she is getting diviorced or that he is marrying again. So somali women usually forgive it early on. She can forgive and it happens often. But you must pay the Yarada.

Loool some abdis are qashining my posts.

So you think a woman/ her father should ask for a lot of money then???

Warya i'm actually defending you lot. Make up your minds.

Always Lit

Everybody lies, which ones are tolerable??
so this man is asking for money for his daughter to be given to another man and the daughter has no say in the matter. And how is this different from slavery?
slaves were raped, killed, eerm...they werent allowed to get married, they were not allowed to have kids without the say of the massa... creoles dads didnt want them....oh and the fact that slaves were sold by blacks to whites.

slaves were raped, killed, eerm...they werent allowed to get married, they were not allowed to have kids without the say of the massa... creoles dads didnt want them....oh and the fact that slaves were sold by blacks to whites.

Much of that is true....but most of that took place after the fact....after the transaction. I'm talking about the transaction i.e. two people negotiating the ownership of another human being without the subject of the transaction having anything to say about it.

Much of that is true....but most of that took place after the fact....after the transaction. I'm talking about the transaction i.e. two people negotiating the ownership of another human being without the subject of the transaction having anything to say about it.
You have a bigger problem if you are worried about mehr then. A woman cant get married unless her father gives her hand. Kwrn

Always Lit

much....? all of that is true..

i dont see anything wrong with that plus comparing it to slavery is a streatch bruh...

You are talking about transactions and slavery. Ma walantahy.

I'm talking about a woman not marrying without her fathers permission NOT slavery.

What an earth has that got to do with the topic :gucciwhat:

I think you are confusing me with @onlyme. Never mentioned slavery. Just answered your post about you mentioning the fact that a woman can only marry with her fathers blessing

Always Lit

Somali girls mehr is nothing compared to Arab and Asian girls.

On average its like ยฃ5000 pounds in cash and ยฃ5000 in gold which is equivalent to $12,000 to $13,000 dollars.
lol. ur gonna get that if youre worth it.

The whole point of that is for her for protection, how is that a problem?

Why can't the family she was born into protect her....until SHE DECIDES about marriage?
Who gets the money she or her father?
What if she doesn't want to be married off to that particular fella?

Why can't the family she was born into protect her....until SHE DECIDES about marriage?
Who gets the money she or her father?
What if she doesn't want to be married off to that particular fella?

1. The mehr is for the WOMAN, not her father or mother. It's a gift a husband gives to his wife.
2. Forced marriages are not allowed. So the woman chooses/accepts, father approves.
3. Nobody can force her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending