Somali dreadlocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
i hate seeing the typical bother foreshadowing buzzcut or the somali high top (curly unwashed, unstyled, uncombed wirey mess on top)

switch it up and get dreads

You're right variety is good in life. It will also make sure halimos don't run to ajnabis. :mjlaugh:

LISTEEENNN!!!!!

d35d73d805389c50eb35d5e9bb5c68a5.jpg

ashermitchel.jpg

14dd27bd82538111d7c0ad0ef92b24af.jpg

8-short-freestyle-locs-black-man.jpg

giphy.gif

Bohol

VIP
This Somali guy I know from my town had dreadlocks for 10+ years. He washes it once a week, but doesn't retwist, and he left as it is, and it grew mad long, and he had to cut it several times. My one's are a little thicker and of course no where near his length; I may post it later if you want?

ambassadors_Bersanji_Ibrahim.jpg

Do you have the typical curly/wavy hair (like me)? Or is your hair more afro-textured?

I have short dreadlocks right now. Been growing them for 8 months and originally my hair was curly (if I use an afro pick; I could turn it into an afro, but it would just go back curly later) and I had an curly afro (that was about to turn wavy; If grew it longer) for 10 months prior to dreading my hair. I've had dreads in the past, but I got rid of them because the lady fucked it up, and the set of dreads I have now came naturally (myself).

You can go to locitician (Carribean/West-African Hairdresser), some Ethiopians know how to do dreads as well, and they may use the comb coil twist method or two strand twist (If your hair is long enough), and they may ask you to not wash your hair for weeks or months (so the gel could hold up, but don't ever use wax). However, I went with the freeform method; I stopped combining my hair, stopped using conditioner, and heavy type of shampoo's with a lot of chemicals; I use a dreadlock soap bar or you can get black soap (use it twice a week) and wet your hair everyday for two months (then stop).

Dude, I'd recommend you to go with the freeform/natural method because its less of a hassle; It may take two months for your to section itself and six months to a year if you were to see a solid dreadlock form from your own natural hair-curl pattern.

Who is this in the picture? A Somali guy? indeed the free form is easier.

I think you need the right kind of hair texture for that, like in the 4a-4c range. Anything lower and you'll have to content urself with white ppl dreads

People with dreadlocks just look dirty to me

That's only relevant to white ppl, the only way they can get their hair to dread is to leave it unkempt and unwashed for as long as possible :susp:

I know one guy from here who has it. he's a young one, near 30 now but then again he's hardly a somali. His wife is mexican, his friends are all non somali.

Leo

The Brave
I don't like to complicate the simplest things such as my hair. Low fade all day everyday igu filan.

Status
Not open for further replies.