Somali diasporas in Africa are shocked that Somalis in the west are identifying as black

Because their playing life on easy mode. Imagine being teleported to Mediaeval europe. Wouldn’t you be a naacas if you didn’t introduce these savages to electricity or soap? You would be balling and have like 100 bitçhes
:rejoice:
I got uncles in Nairobi and South Africa living like Kings, the only problem is that one big chimp out from the locals and you've lost everything:bell:

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
If there is no black unity in the land of the black, ie Africa, then why do people thing it will happen in West. The Land of "everybody for themselves" and may the best man win

I got uncles in Nairobi and South Africa living like Kings, the only problem is that one big chimp out from the locals and you've lost everything:bell:
Yeah, that’s what scares me from moving to Zambia or Kenya. Being a minority country where human rights are more of a suggestion than a right isn’t really something I’m interested in. Imagine being killed over a diirac store. Couldn’t be me!

If there is no black unity in the land of the black, ie Africa, then why do people thing it will happen in West. The Land of "everybody for themselves" and may the best man win
This is a strawman argument. Nobody has made that point.

Africas reality has nothing to do with how Black people in America should respond. It’s one

nation, not 54 nations with different goals with thousands of languages and tribes.

Africans and African Americans can unite. It’s not that hard and the political reality of Africa and America are night and day. No comparison.

PS: There is no white unity in Europe, No Asian unity in Asia and no unity in the middle east. They all hate each other to varying degrees.

Keo

VIP
This is a strawman argument. Nobody has made that point.

Africas reality has nothing to do with how Black people in America should respond. It’s one

nation, not 54 nations with different goals with thousands of languages and tribes.

Africans and African Americans can unite. It’s not that hard and the political reality of Africa and America are night and day. No comparison.

PS: There is no white unity in Europe, No Asian unity in Asia and no unity in the middle east. They all hate each other to varying degrees.
He was not responding to you so why do you think he's making a strawman argument?
:hmm:

Horta what's the deal with you anyway? Why are you defending the right to call yourself black knowing full well it doesn't make sense?

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
I have relatives who live Zambia and South Africa and they laugh at the notion of black unity. It doesn't exist at all in Africa.

@Yonis also got some in those countries and can confirm.
And we wonder why Africa is a shithole :bell:cadaans in America have different backgrounds yet you will never hear Irish cadaan discriminate against German cadaan.

Apollo

VIP
And we wonder why Africa is a shithole :bell:cadaans in America have different backgrounds yet you will never hear Irish cadaan discriminate against German cadaan.

Most White Americans today are of multiple European ethnicities (i.e. pan-European mutts), very few of them are still of one ethnic group.

Back when White Americans were still of full single ethnic origins they did discriminate against each other, especially against the Irish, Jews, Slavs, and Italians, lots of historical documentation of it.

By the way, the fact that Africans don't really unite under the black label is not why Africa is a shithole. Many other reasons are the cause behind that.

In East Asia you don't have that ''muh fellow yellow'' thing going on either and they are doing just fine.

He was not responding to you so why do you think he's making a strawman argument?
:hmm:

Horta what's the deal with you anyway? Why are you defending the right to call yourself black knowing full well it doesn't make sense?
This isn’t an inditement on the brother. Anyone can make a strawman argument by accident, I’ve been guilty of it myself. He made an argument that nobody was arguing. It’s a strawman weather it was addressed to me or not. In fact, I never said he was responding to me, I even addresed in my post that “nobody made that point”. Am I not allowed to acknowledge that? Should I keep quiet?

I never said it didn’t make sense. I just said being Black is a reality in America that I don’t agree with but it’s reality. I would be unrealist if I tried to ignore it. You can claim Somali but the political power of being Somali is useless. That would be like a Samoan refusing to be bunched up with Pacific Islanders. On their own they can’t do much, but together they can.

Same works in this case, but the main difference is the term Black refers to skin and origin.You have skin similar to a AA and their ancestors came from the same continent. Granted they don’t have the same phenotypes, but that’s not that political reality of America. You will not get far by trying to be quirky and different.

Think of it like a prison yard. You go with the group other prisoners think you are. You can go with the Black or the Muslims. In the context of America, it color. It isn’t the case in Europe as you would be an African Muslim.

How is this so difficult to understand. You don’t have a choice. You pick Black because that’s how you’re in America.

Racial realities in other countries don’t apply in America and vice versa.

This part isn’t for you, but it’s a general message;

This is the last time I’m bringing it up. I’m done explaining this. You niggas need to read books. Too many uber drivers and stay at home dad’s talking.

Every Somali household that I visited in Zambia have at least 2 Madow servants (no joke) - we're considered two seperate peoples.

Most of this - "we're black" nonesense is pushed by fatherless somali girls and hip/hop obsessed faaraxs.
Yeah you are, in Africa. Look at my post addressing this bullshit.

Blease, show me your Madow servants at your villa in Colombus, Ohio.
:dead:

Keo

VIP
This isn’t an inditement on the brother. Anyone can make a strawman argument by accident, I’ve been guilty of it myself. He made an argument that nobody was arguing. It’s a strawman weather it was addressed to me or not. In fact, I never said he was responding to me, I even addresed in my post that “nobody made that point”. Am I not allowed to acknowledge that? Should I keep quiet?

I never said it didn’t make sense. I just said being Black is a reality in America that I don’t agree with but it’s reality. I would be unrealist if I tried to ignore it. You can claim Somali but the political power of being Somali is useless. That would be like a Samoan refusing to be bunched up with Pacific Islanders. On their own they can’t do much, but together they can.

Same works in this case, but the main difference is the term Black refers to skin and origin.You have skin similar to a AA and their ancestors came from the same continent. Granted they don’t have the same phenotypes, but that’s not that political reality of America. You will not get far by trying to be quirky and different.

Think of it like a prison yard. You go with the group other prisoners think you are. You can go with the Black or the Muslims. In the context of America, it color. It isn’t the case in Europe as you would be an African Muslim.

How is this so difficult to understand. You don’t have a choice. You pick Black because that’s how you’re in America.

Racial realities in other countries don’t apply in America and vice versa.

This part isn’t for you, but it’s a general message;

This is the last time I’m bringing it up. I’m done explaining this. You niggas need to read books. Too many uber drivers and stay at home dad’s talking.
Being Somali applies everywhere. I don't care if a white person lumps me with black by calling me the n word. It has no bearings on me so I don't care. This is just one example of how people are going to lose their identity the more you continue to identify yourself with blacks rather than shared history and culture. Just because this is how the dynamics are in the US doesn't mean you have to go along with it. You are supposed to change it. Look at Indians for example. Why aren't they referred to as Asian in America, they are actually their own identity in America. They don't get lumped in with the Chinese or the Korean despite all being from the continent of Asia.

6104E273-B5F6-4CFF-9894-269AC43346FD.jpeg

Man I’m offended when they say I’m black. Because it’s so simplistic and used to strip AA of their roots. Ahem put some respect on our heritage.

Trending