Burco
output_EVQl6o.gif

Kismaayo
output_r1Jk2a.gif

Bosaso, Garowe, and Burco were the most impressive in terms of pop growth

The saddening part is seeing the deforestation in Kismayo and Xamar

Odeg

Gedo
Population is also interesting and sadly there is not many accurate estimation. But in terms of place I would rank them like this.

1: Mogadishu
2: Hargeisa
3 : Berbera
4: Kismayo
5: Marka
6: Jamaame
7: Baidoa

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
Population is also interesting and sadly there is not many accurate estimation. But in terms of place I would rank them like this.

1: Mogadishu
2: Hargeisa
3 : Berbera
4: Kismayo
5: Marka
6: Jamaame
7: Baidoa
Are you insane Berbera is strategic but it isn't a big city. Borama Burco and Baidoa all come directly under Hargeisa. Just check Google Maps and 2005 estimates.

Odeg

Gedo
Are you insane Berbera is strategic but it isn't a big city. Borama Burco and Baidoa all come directly under Hargeisa. Just check Google Maps and 2005 estimates.
Maybe you are right. Its hard to trust some of these Somali sources. Berbera maybe shouldnt be on the list. But my argument is population Jamaame for example have easily over 250k population and most are of Biimaal clan that either live in the city or in tuulos just outside the city. Whats your estimation of Berbera population?

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
Maybe you are right. Its hard to trust some of these Somali sources. Berbera maybe shouldnt be on the list. But my argument is population Jamaame for example have easily över 250k population and most are of Biimaal clan. that either live in the city or in tuulos just outside the city. Whats your estimation of Berbera population?
Berbera population size will grow bigger when the port is finished. Merka is huge I'm not sure about Jamame.

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
@sosomali there is no image of Borama 1984 on Google Earth so it wouldn't be right to add it in this thread. It's growth thread from 1984 to 2017.

Odeg

Gedo
Berbera population size will grow bigger when the port is finished. Merka is huge I'm not sure about Jamame.
In term of size Marka is bigger but population wise its close but I think Jamaame have more people. But they are very similiar. I know I ranked Marka as more in the first post I made but they are close and most will probably rank Marka as more. But I believe Jamaame have more people. When I think about it Berbera is way to hot place to have that kind of population size lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts