Somali Brits what do you love the best about UK?

Exodus

Alienist
Can’t wait for NLD.

I will make sure to @ all you arse fans that day @Exodus @Jaydaan @Nilotufian
:mjhaps:
ngl, your new stadium is kinda lit, it'll be my first time going there, let's see how the atmosphere compares to the old WHL :hillarybiz:
D2b_720WoAEl6zA.jpg

We’ve heard love for many diasporas but UK is often roasted 9/10 times. I was looking to hear how Somali Brits work learn and live in the UK and what you love of your home Great Britain.

Also what do you brits think of Somali Americans
There’s a lot of Muslims, so if ur Muslim you’re safe, there’s lots of halal options, lots of masajids, prison is good, because you only do half ur sentence, free healthcare

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
It's a literal melting pot, you'll find all sorts of people from all walks of life. Halal food at practically every corner, free healthcare. Racism is non-existent in all major cities even as far as Glasgow. The food is amazing because of the whole cultural mix and they're generally cheap. People seem cold and won't get involved in your business but if they can see you're in trouble they'll rush to help out. The tube is amazing, it really doesn't get enough appreciation plus all the public transport initiatives that let people travel for cheap.

The city's vibe is nice in general, you can sit around and just watch the whole world go by. At night the city looks amazing especially around central.

Even with the sensationalist news people here absolutely abhor racism though it comes with it's problems. The politics here is so far left our right wingers are on par with America's democrats. Did I forget to mention free healthcare?

The amazing opportunities you'll find in places like London and the fact the government actually cares about you to the point they'll financially support you until you get back up. I really wouldn't swap it for any other country.

Chaste women and successful Somalis something you dont have access to:kodaksmiley:
Nigga stop being salty, you don't have access to that too.
Horta i swear you were one of the biggest UK haters :drakelaugh:moving like 21 Savage, i see you:ulyin:

NHS and TFL are nothing to gloat about, thanks to austerity the services are very bad quality. The fucking central line won't even have AC till 2030.

Most halal takeaways are bog standard, cudur baa laga qaadanaya.

The only good thing about London is that if you live in a good location (Zone 1/2/3) then everything is reachable, you're only 5 mins away from a school, mosque, football ground, shopping centre, GP, train station etc).
I forgot about the austerity cuts:jcoleno:

Why the f*ck must this government try and privatise everything? They're turning us into America. The Boris government is trying to make a healthcare deal with fucking America, we're about to get fucked and not only that they want to take in American chlorinated chicken which means we're going to need that NHS. This government is an absolute disaster.

Halal shops are only shit if you're in a ghetto area. Like 98% of them are fine.

Last edited:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Only thing I’d want take from them is soccer nothing else. :manny: We’ve got everything else we need here.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I don’t think it’s amazing but trash is disrespectful. A private health system means you’re a commodity. Whereas atleast in the nhs they don’t gain anything from you so it’s in your best interest. If you can’t see that then Snm.
NHS is trash walal. The last 5 years ive only used private clinics and alxamdulillah got the necessary medicines and treatment.

Apollo

VIP
Great universities and very multicultural environment

£9250 per academic year while in the rest of Europe it is under £1000 or totally free.

Only Oxbridge have prestige outside of the UK and I doubt many Somalis go there. The other mid-tier universities of the UK are not better than similar ones elsewhere in Europe.

UK is fvcked. Without the EU the Americans are gunning for it and they want to buy NHS and make it private. It will happen gradually
USA- I want to purchase your health care (NHS)

UK- No the NHS is not for sale

USA- CIA doing what they all ways do hacking NHS data centres

Uk- why you bullying us

USA- Give us the NHS and everything will be OK

Uk- OK :mjcry:

Few days later BBC podcast reporting that the NHS will go private

:jcoleno::jcoleno::jcoleno:

UK people are actually very pleasant and sophisticated. They don't care what you look like as long as you work.

Most sophisticated whites in the world and I've travelled and lived in Europe.

Only cons are pay and housing. B

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
£9250 per academic year while in the rest of Europe it is under £1000 or totally free.

Only Oxbridge have prestige outside of the UK and I doubt many Somalis go there. The other mid-tier universities of the UK are not better than similar ones elsewhere in Europe.
Does it cost a lot for UK citizens to study in the EU?

And isn't Cambridge the prestige university

Macalin M

Out here

LSE, UCL, Imperial etc.. They are other top class unis. Oxbridge are good of course, but we have other top class. The ones I listed aren’t mid tier.

Apollo

VIP
Does it cost a lot for UK citizens to study in the EU?

Living costs are the main barrier, not necessarily tuition fees. I hear that UK student finance does not give maintenance grants when you study abroad, that can be a barrier.

But you can easily find a part-time job as a Brit in Europe. Well, maybe not in the future when Brexit becomes finalized.

And isn't Cambridge the prestige university

Oxford and Cambridge are the two best ones, and there are some other good ones (like the ones @Macalin M posted above).

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
The guy goes to s uni where somali girls get dealt with by bi

You listen stop bullying the guy, u too @beenleey . @Muhammad Bire if you are depressed or got any issues its caadi. Don't be embarrassed about it. This an unfortunate part of life. We all go through it. I would advise you to reach out bro, too some one who is close.
It’s ok I am always right and they are all fags!

Apollo

VIP
LSE, UCL, Imperial etc.. They are other top class unis. Oxbridge are good of course, but we have other top class. The ones I listed aren’t mid tier.

To be honest, what makes UK universities rank so high in those global university rankings is because of 1) their research budgets and overall output 2) the bias towards papers published in English or coming out of Anglo countries.

I don't think the teaching quality is necessarily much better. It's the research part that makes many UK universities rank so high.

https://www.timeshighereducation.co...gth/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats