Somali atheism on the rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just Allah weeding out the fake from the real. It shouldn't come as a surprise especially since we are in 2017 now. 10 years ago, a gay Somali or a Somali atheist was completely unheard of but now all of a sudden they are coming out of the woodworks. Expect to hear a lot of these stories in the years to come.
it isn't that we were unheard of. its that we were silenced into fear by the "peaceful" and "accepting" religion. gays wouldve been killed or sent to a mental institution, and atheists wouldve been ostracized.

200.gif

Every somali atheist I met always had really shitty parents
It's like how ex muslims always leave Islam because they can't differentiate between religion and culture
Wish somali ppl could just understand the struggle their parents went through and the hardships of raising kids
Your parents put you in dugsi so you could at least learn quran instead of being out in the streets
Money, effort and time goes into that and it's disgusting how some people can't seem to appreciate it
see..... people need to understand the difference in commenting/disrespecting a religion and the people who follow the religion. just because i dislike islam doesn't mean i dislike its followers. how am i disrespecting my parents when i comment about islam? what do my families struggles have to do with their religion? You don't like when non muslims generalize and call you guys terrorists but its perfectly fine to say all atheists come from broken homes and have shitty parents right? bye. also religion and culture are intertwined in the muslim community. yes there are certain fucked up things in the middle east and south asia that are more cultural then islamic but those things are being JUSTIFIED using religion. you can put kids in other extra curricular activities that ACTUALLY benefit them like coding classes, language classes, sports, tutors, volunteering etc. dugsi isn't beneficial in the real world at all.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
The man who said quranka waa sheeko xariir carbeed nailed it lol

I'm surprised though. Their Somali is excellent which makes me think they're either recently arrived or they're the older generation

Either way, I love this.

Bielsa

VIP
This was the Facebook dp for one of the posters:
1465315_601572249981239_3739883058612460461_n.jpg

I'm dead. What happened to freedom of dress???

Most Somalis don't believe in freedom to dress how people want. Let a Xalimo walk thorough a Somali xaafad with mini skirt and her titties popping out. Or even worse let her dress like that back home. Let's see how much Somalis believe in freedom to dress.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
Most Somalis don't believe in freedom to dress how people want. Let a Xalimo walk thorough a Somali xaafad with mini skirt and her titties popping out. Or even worse let her dress like that back home. Let's see how much Somalis believe in freedom to dress.

They use religion wrongly as their excuse. What excuse do Atheists have sxb?

see..... people need to understand the difference in commenting/disrespecting a religion and the people who follow the religion. just because i dislike islam doesn't mean i dislike its followers. how am i disrespecting my parents when i comment about islam? what do my families struggles have to do with their religion? You don't like when non muslims generalize and call you guys terrorists but its perfectly fine to say all atheists come from broken homes and have shitty parents right? bye. also religion and culture are intertwined in the muslim community. yes there are certain fucked up things in the middle east and south asia that are more cultural then islamic but those things are being JUSTIFIED using religion. you can put kids in other extra curricular activities that ACTUALLY benefit them like coding classes, language classes, sports, tutors, volunteering etc. dugsi isn't beneficial in the real world at all.

tumblr_n8dcf7v3oK1qa2rt1o1_250.gif

Bruh look at this forum, that's all you need to know.
Look at what kind of people ex muslims groups and organisations consists of.
Ayaan hirsi and Mona Walter type of people.
Saying all muslims are terrorists isn't just generalising, it's actually dumb.
Go back and read what I said, I'm talking about the angsty somali ex muslims who are 1) ignorant 2) misinformed about Islam 3) just really immature and embarrassing

I grew up in the most cadaan atheist place and the way the people respect your religion/faith and lifestyle here is really different from how ex muslims are. Even if it's just anonymous interactions on the Internet.
Regular atheists tend to support peoples right to exercise their religion within the limits of the law, they don't try to defame, provoke, they understand the difference between freedom of speech vs hate speech.

But with ex muslims, especially on this site :westbrookwtf:...
It's like you've been repressed all your life and you just want to get as far from Islam as you can. You haven't formulated any values or figured out what your morals are based on. When you're asked about incest or say bestiality you can't think of shit to say.
You just spend all your time hating on Islam and feeling sorry for yourself.

It's really shameful how you as an somali atheist speak about your own culture and the religion of your parents, when the other cadaan atheists you're bootyclapping for never would. It's just sad wallahi.
Do you think you're going to get accepted because you're behaving like that? Both your own ppl and the people you're trynna appeal to are looking down on you.

I'm not saying I hate somali ex muslims, some of my closest ppl aren't believers but they're respectful and lowkey. There's a difference

And so what if their culture norms are being justified with religion. That's when you educate yourself and learn what's what. That has more to do with ignorance than anything.

And if your poor parents thought dugsi was the best choice for you at least you could've excelled at it. How many non muslims study Islam and make a career out of it? Instead of seeing it as an opportunity you decide to hate on it.
Not to mention that other activities are expensive and your parents were new to the country and didn't know much else.
... the ungratefulness wallah

I'm sad that you were probably forced to wear hijab and never could have an actual conversation about Islam with your parents. You should at least be understanding tho
Don't quote me abayo, I'm not interested in going back and forth with a confused xalimo

Bielsa

VIP

Go back and read what I said, I'm talking about the angsty somali ex muslims who are 1) ignorant 2) misinformed about Islam 3) just really immature and embarrassing

I grew up in the most cadaan atheist place and the way the people respect your religion/faith and lifestyle here is really different from how ex muslims are. Even if it's just anonymous interactions on the Internet.
Regular atheists tend to support peoples right to exercise their religion within the limits of the law, they don't try to defame, provoke, they understand the difference between freedom of speech vs hate speech.

It's like you've been repressed all your life and you just want to get as far from Islam as you can. You haven't formulated any values or figured out what your morals are based on. When you're asked about incest or say bestiality you can't think of shit to say.

It's really shameful how you as an somali atheist speak about your own culture and the religion of your parents, when the other cadaan atheists you're bootyclapping for never would. It's just sad wallahi.
Do you think you're going to get accepted because you're behaving like that? Both your own ppl and the people you're trynna appeal to are looking down on you.

I'm not saying I hate somali ex muslims, some of my closest ppl aren't believers but they're respectful and lowkey. There's a difference

And so what if their culture norms are being justified with religion. That's when you educate yourself and learn what's what. That has more to do with ignorance than anything.

And if your poor parents thought dugsi was the best choice for you at least you could've excelled at it. How many non muslims study Islam and make a career out of it? Instead of seeing it as an opportunity you decide to hate on it.
Not to mention that other activities are expensive and your parents were new to the country and didn't know much else.

I'm sad that you were probably forced to wear hijab and never could have an actual conversation about Islam with your parents. You should at least be understanding tho
Don't quote me abayo, I'm not interested in going back and forth with a confused xalimo

Atheists are treated horribly in many Muslim nations. Ex-Christians are not killed or jailed in the West. I'll tell you what's worse than Atheists disrespecting your religion, Muslims actually killing people for being Atheists.

Atheists are treated horribly in many Muslim nations. Ex-Christians are not killed or jailed in the West. I'll tell you what's worse than Atheists disrespecting your religion, Muslims actually killing people for being Atheists.

The west is secular, don't bring up obvious stuff. New revert muslims actually have a really hard time when they revert. Just look up ex Hindus, you don't actually have to look very far. Look at how white female reverts are treated in the west for converting by their families.
And honestly Muslim countries tend to have weak justice systems and that definitely plays into how horrible things can go.
But I do agree with you, muslims shouldn't be exhibiting such behaviour

sis, just like how terrorists are the only ones in the media "representing" islam its the same with atheists. the crazy ones get the most attention. mona and my ayeeyo ayan hersi are LOUD and EVERYWHERE, they don't represent people like me and millions of others who just mind our own business. trust me, i know plenty of people who are ex muslims (and proud) yet don't go around on an unprovoked anti muslim crusade.

incest and beastialty are wrong for the same reason, its against human nature to mate with another species and the animals can't give consent. and incest is wrong biologically becouse your risking bringing deformed kids into the world, biologically their both wrong.

its problematic that you think atheists making comments about their culture or islam is bootyclaping for white folks. yes, white atheists are CONSTANTLY attacking christianity and christians. why should ex muslims behave differently? atheism has nothing to do with white people. thats equivalent to me saying a somali muslim's comments about atheists is bootyclapping for arabs. but i assume your referencing mona walter and ayan hersi in which case i have no opinion. those two are extremists in their own way but at the same time somali muslims waged death threats and lost their collective minds at the thought of a somali critizsing their "peace loving" religion. thats a problem.

dont assume that all parents came to these countries as refugees. both my dad and my late mother came to canada to work far before the the 90s. a lot of the somalis on this site are the same.

theres only a small portion of people who make careers out of their knowledge of the deen but the other things i mentioned can open a wider range of opportunities and a lot of them are free or government sponsored (atleast in canada) .

my entire family didnt force me to do anything. i wore a hijab on my own in middle/highschool. it was only in college where i decided to actually learn about other religions and more about my own. its sad that you have this warped view of somali exmuslims as a bunch of lost people who developed some sort of trauma from islam lol. shows how small minded a lot of muslims are about "kaffirs".

This was the Facebook dp for one of the posters:
1465315_601572249981239_3739883058612460461_n.jpg

I'm dead. What happened to freedom of dress???
is it freedom if society forces you to wear it? i know many girls who go to somalia and have to wear a jilbaab and niqaaab. its not law per say but society forces you to wear it. i don't know how to describe it but i wouldn't call it freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending