Somali atheism on the rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Unreal

Gabadhaha yinka ah eed sheegtay baa kunjeer la qaataa ileen waa dad maskax furan oo oday carab ah oo waa hore Alle oofsaday aan sheekooyinkiisa dhag jalaq u siin.

:damn:

Apollo

VIP
I wasted too much time memorizing the Quran as a kid at dugsi every Sunday.

Looking back at it now, I feel like it was borderline child abuse.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

Sunday?

My nigga I didn't have weekends until highschool

:sheed:

Keo

VIP
This is just Allah weeding out the fake from the real. It shouldn't come as a surprise especially since we are in 2017 now. 10 years ago, a gay Somali or a Somali atheist was completely unheard of but now all of a sudden they are coming out of the woodworks. Expect to hear a lot of these stories in the years to come.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
It was an epic waste (memorizing useless Arabic phrases).

If that time was spent on learning Computer Programming instead I might have been the next Google/Twitter/Hit App creator :frdfvsb::donkey::icon lol:

:kendrickcry:

Why you gotta put it like that sxb.

I could've learned a new language, an instrument, a lucrative hobby.

:mjcry:

Instead I can read and write Arabic perfectly but only God knows what it all means

:damn:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
This is just Allah weeding out the fake from the real. It shouldn't come as a surprise especially since we are in 2017 now. 10 years ago, a gay Somali or a Somali atheist was completely unheard of but now all of a sudden they are coming out of the woodworks. Expect to hear a lot of these stories in the years to come.

I'm just shocked by the fact these niggas arguing on hiiraan

:chrisfreshhah:

In perfect Somali too, so they gotta be older

:chrisfreshhah:

Especially when faith is a gift from God rather than an entitlement through lineage and culture. The ones with faith like us struggle to keep it due to our sins, the more sins, the darker our heart, the less of them the chances of us keeping that faith. Faith is not an entitlement honestly. It is not something guaranteed to a believer much less to someone else who willingly shut their hearts to the light.

The smartest Somali atheists are the ones who understand their personal choices are not a license to disrespect their people and become a thorn on their side everywhere Somalis come together. People who are happy with their choices don't seek to annoy others with a negative presence but with positive attitude to show their respect for humanity and good manners.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
:faysalwtf::wtf::mindblown::damn::damedamn::snoop::mjkkk:

Those comments man. And judging by their Somali these are older people too. What the f*ck is the west doing to us?

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
most of us were kids back then,western freedom and so called liberation has poisoned the minds of our youth.:francis::jcoleno::jcoleno::kendrickcry::kendrickcry::kendrickcry:

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9

200.gif

Well said.

Every somali atheist I met always had really shitty parents
It's like how ex muslims always leave Islam because they can't differentiate between religion and culture
Wish somali ppl could just understand the struggle their parents went through and the hardships of raising kids
Your parents put you in dugsi so you could at least learn quran instead of being out in the streets
Money, effort and time goes into that and it's disgusting how some people can't seem to appreciate it

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
I have noticed a couple times, I was surprised. Also, a good number of the Somalis in the west have been here for only 10-15 years. Most fellow ex-Muslims are 18-30, so ten years ago they were mostly young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending