Somali-Arab Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol the Yemenis got the dabqaad from us.

Why are you so mad? Both of those incense burners are of the Somali kind which is also used by South Yemenis.

That furniture is mostly regional, and not Arabic or Yemeni in origin.

that furniture is Arab in origin, why are you so in denial? It's even fucking called "fadhi carbeed" in Somali. Just google search Yemeni furniture and you'll see that's all that comes up

that furniture is Arab in origin, why are you so in denial? It's even fucking called "fadhi carbeed" in Somali. Just google search Yemeni furniture and you'll see that's all that comes up
:hemad:arguing over furniture

Did you know the Arabs got the khamiis from Somalis? It's an ancient puntiteish clothing

Yemenis were part of the Aksum Kingdom and the guy who ruled yemen and the Yemenis around the Prophet's birth was Abraha the Habash. Most of them Yemenis are dark and have similar lineage to many east Africans. Ironically, they were considered the true Arabs. Arabs were dvided into two: The Arabs and The Arabized. The Descendants of Prophet Ishmael are Arabized and Quraysh are among those descendants while Yemenis are their own set of Original Arabs.

Anyway, being arab can be subjective sometimes and one only needs speak the Arabic language as a first language to qualify being Arab, such as the Sudanese dark Africans. And funny enough, Somalis fail to qualifiy even for that category of being Arab for lacking Arabic mastery as a first language :mjlol:

Something sad for some to be obsessed with ethnicity they are not. I am cool with defending all things Arab as brothers both in religion and culture. We just need to clarify the distinction between them and Somalis ethnically. Arabs are the people who would understand a Somali person perfectly for our close cultural relationship.

It is obvious:

- We speak Somali
- We look distinctly Somali
- We fail to blend in as black arabs because our language would betray us and we are Ajamis(non Arabic speaking people).

Agreed. What you're saying is obvious and no one is denying it, but people seem to deny that we even share a "close cultural relationship"

C0d74E.png
President_Hassan_Sheik_Arab_League.jpg
vsgVB3J.png
bloody_arab_league_by_musl1m-d4kqjlm.png
Arab-league-2012.jpg
the-middle-east-in-a-nutshell-34-638.jpg
20_19429.jpg
Warya stop spamming the thread with this xaar. Nothing to be proud of.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Agreed. What you're saying is obvious and no one is denying it, but people seem to deny that we even share a "close cultural relationship"

That is ignorant of them bro. We are the only Muslims closest to Arabs who don't speak Arabic as first language and Arabs RECOGNIZE THAT CLOSENESS BETWEEN THE TWO SOCIETIES AND ACCEPTED US AS ONE OF THEM. That is why we are in the Arab league.

Stop begging

:susp:

We need to milk this arab tit league for our benefit saxib. It is smart to join all organizations for political and economic reasons. Today, we are in need of support politically to keep our country together and the more voices we can get to speak for our cause and unity the better, even if to sadly defeat members of our own community hell bent on destroying the fabric of our society. The only unique country on the continent that needs to be protected, we need Arab League, Jew league, African League, whatever league.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Fock these arab lovers, their just as bad as those SWjs mofos
There's acknowledging our cultural similarities and then there's 'begging' off of Arabs.
An Arab is defined as someone who speaks Arabic, as defined by the Prophet (SAW). In that case, the majority of Somalis are not Arabs, but if one speaks Arabic as their first language and wants to identify as one, they can.
I don't think anyone in this thread is identifying as Arab anyways, you just have this inordinate hate for Arabs along with a bunch of others on this site that I don't really get.

I don't know where these weak minded arab lovers and SWJs, suddenly popped out from. I mean Somalis where knowing as rough proud people, now we have these weak minded people.

What is SWJs? Damn! these abbreviations lately. I have been in a cave. Can someone update me on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending