Somali and Oromo music genres?

Hi, I am wondering if there are more modern Somali and Oromo genres in pentatonic scale. Stuff like belwo, dhaanto, qaraami are obvious, but the modern Somali and Oromo stuff, what would you call it. Just pop? It seems really distinct tbh.

Example:

Wonyluvr

β€œla vie en roseπŸ₯€ ~”
VIP
this is a song that’s been done numerous times this is a great example of modern Somali music

this is a song that’s been done numerous times this is a great example of modern Somali music

Thank you. I'm very familiar. To me, they all sound vaguely similar, being from the same area. Even some Eritrean and Ethiopian synthy pop resembles our music. What would you call this beyond pop though?

Wonyluvr

β€œla vie en roseπŸ₯€ ~”
VIP
Thank you. I'm very familiar. To me, they all sound vaguely similar, being from the same area. Even some Eritrean and Ethiopian synthy pop resembles our music. What would you call this beyond pop though?
Ethiopian and Eritrean music especially Tigringa and Amhara all have the same instruments and vocal style in the back.

Here’s some examples of some other modern day Somali Songs.I say it’s a new genre Nigerians have their Afrobeats South Africans have their Amapiano we have Xamari,Qaraami and whatever modern day Somali music is :banderas:

Ethiopian and Eritrean music especially Tigringa and Amhara all have the same instruments and vocal style in the back.

Here’s some examples of some other modern day Somali Songs.I say it’s a new genre Nigerians have their Afrobeats South Africans have their Amapiano we have Xamari,Qaraami and whatever modern day Somali music is :banderas:

Not familiar with the first song's style but that second one is soo nostalgic sounding. I swear we took that reggae/dancehall riddim from Jamaicans. You can even hear it in classic acts like Dur Dur Band

Wonyluvr

β€œla vie en roseπŸ₯€ ~”
VIP
Not familiar with the first song's style but that second one is soo nostalgic sounding. I swear we took that reggae/dancehall riddim from Jamaicans. You can even hear it in classic acts like Dur Dur Band
Yeah first song was released almost 14 years ago that’s why it’s so nostalgic sounding.

In terms of reggae you can definitely hear some reggae influence in Durdur band’s music!!

EritreanPost_

EritreanPost πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡¬ |Eritrean news blogger

Sister Eritrea is diverse place.

Eritrean music is not only made of Tigrinya.

but also Afar Beja Bilen Kunama Nara Saho music. Afar and Saho music are similarly to Somali music (lingualy and beats)

What is Somali-Oromo? We don't have anything to do with Oromos, and there is no shared music genre, present or historic.
Soo lamaad yaabin huuno kkk don’t be bothered by Wonyluvr waa gabadh yar oo say walahi ah oo iska qalbi wanaagsanπŸ˜… they’re out here invading our digital space let alone land space:birdman:, on top of that starting discussions about how we have similar music🀨 that’s very inappropriate we have nothing to do with each other oromo highlands haday tahay jahanamo, somali peninsula waa jannah.

Wonyluvr

β€œla vie en roseπŸ₯€ ~”
VIP
Sister Eritrea is diverse place.

Eritrean music is not only made of Tigrinya.

but also Afar Beja Bilen Kunama Nara Saho music. Afar and Saho music are similarly to Somali music (lingualy and beats)
Yeah I said Tigrinya specifically because it’s the most prominent one you see πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½

Trending

Latest posts