Somali and family planning

I think the Prophet (PBUH) said something along the lines of have many kids.

It is Allah who feeds. So continue to multiply.

Sir your kids are starving pls stop multiplying.

I find it weird Islam says that tho when you’re only supposed to take 2 or more wives when you can afford it as if kids aren’t arguably more expensive than wives

Remember one time some girl said to me family ain't a real somali family cuz my mum had 3 kids and not a lot. Dunno how she survives living in cramp London with 7 siblings smh. I could nevaaaa
:idontlike:
Personally I want 2 kids and that's it

One somali aunty back in London and has 9 kids and her and her family lived in a 3 bedroom and like literally NO ONE in the house gets there own personal space not even the parents and I find that so ghetto imagine 5 boys sleeping in one room.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
Somalis just be having kids for the sake of it, they never take into account about if they're financially/emotionally/physically ready for it. Somalia has the second highest fertility rate and Somali in Ethiopia have a highest rate but other people in Ethiopia having wayy less kids puts down the average.

Do you plan of having kids in the future? if yes how many? (If you say ''as much as I can'' then I'm gonna assume that 68 IQ just jumped out)

Personally I want to adopt and probably 2 or 3
It's funny how we have such a high fertility rate but a low population

More kids means they’re going to be richer not poorer, look at there support system

Absolutely not the government are cracking down on benefits as the years go down. Plus ofc you get more money the more kids you have but you’re also spending more because you have extra kids? Do you think benefits people get are a lot?? Do you want your kids to just be okay? Barely scraping thru? I plan to have kids I can actually afford so I can give them a somewhat luxurious life

Gambar

VIP
This is true. ‘Hebel has 8 kids younger than my youngest, so I need to have more to catch up to him!’ meanwhile you have no clue what’s going on with your living children. A shame! But wallahi, I’ve wondered why are Somali women on board with this? How can a man negotiate you about your reproductive rights? How many Somali hooyos are struggling to get by, while having 7,8, 9 + kids in the west? Why do women keep having more children with their bum husbands? I don’t get it. :faysalwtf:

But all in all, AUN to the young mother and her unborn child. May Allah grant them jannahtul firdaus. I feel for those children.
Usually the man is insecure, so he pressures his wife so that his “clan” will grow larger. It has very little to do with the deen.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Things can change at any moment. Complacency and feeling safe from the Qadr of Allah swt always ends in misery

huh? dont u mean, Complacency and feeling safe from the Qadr of Allah swt always is good? Why misery for Qadr ???

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
huh? dont u mean, Complacency and feeling safe from the Qadr of Allah swt always is good? Why misery for Qadr ???
A Muslim must always prepare for hardship to come. The prophet pbuh said to take advantage of your wealth and health before poverty and illness strike you. Just like in the story of Yusuf pbuh, one must prepare for when the lean times come

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
A Muslim must always prepare for hardship to come. The prophet pbuh said to take advantage of your wealth and health before poverty and illness strike you. Just like in the story of Yusuf pbuh, one must prepare for when the lean times come

I agree. Surah Yusuf, we can learn so much about it. 7 years of good times will follow 7 years of bad times

Sir your kids are starving pls stop multiplying.

I find it weird Islam says that tho when you’re only supposed to take 2 or more wives when you can afford it as if kids aren’t arguably more expensive than wives

I don't have any kids, but InshaAllah when I get started am not gonna stop. Gonna make up for the time I have lost.

Unless the Qadr of Allah comes, I can afford to look after my family whether one or four.

As a man I think it is a beautiful sight to see your progeny great in number and with health, looking forward to life's challenges with hope and determination.

Trending