SL & Somalia Air control(Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
The Minister of Civil Aviation further revealed,

“We have three options to choose from which are as follows:-

1. To adopt the Somaliland and Somalia agreement meant to establish a joint Air Traffic Control Board with the center in Hargeisa as agreed during previous talks in Turkey.

2. To establish two entirely distinct and separate centers in Hargeisa and Mogadishu respectively.

3. For the UN or a third country to temporally assume control of the two nation’s airspace until future status of two separate states are reached.

“During our meet in Addis Abba, we agreed on how to solve outstanding difference regarding the two parties the terms of reference as to the function and the shape of the proposed management board and how we can collect the revenue which is currently being collected by ICAO can return to us but we still have to wait for the road map which is currently being drafted by the experts, “he said.

http://www.somalilandpress.com/soma...oint-techincal-committee-on-airspace-control/

xisaabiye

@merka @waraabe @oday1kenobi @Professor @Gilgamesh
drake-10.w529.h352.gif

xisaabiye

Until an agreement is signed I'm not holding my breath.

That's true, but the meetings itself shows that the international community considers SL when making this decision. I highly doubt Somalia is doing this out of its own generosity or "somalinimo":pachah1:

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
@oday1kenobi @xisaabiye @Yonis
It's clear option 1 means Hargeisa will control all of somalias airspace and funding allocated equally to each region in somalia

But what about option two. I take it that they mean SL will control their own airspace and Somalia the rest but what about the territories disputed between SL and PL

:cosbyhmm:

xisaabiye

Koonfuri went back on their word once they knew they'd make alot of cambuulo from this:pachah1:
What's mine is mine & what's yours is mine mentality :susp:

xisaabiye

It's clear option 1 means Hargeisa will control the airpsace of the whole of somalia.

But what about option two. I take it that they mean SL will control their own airspace and Somalia the rest but what about the territories disputed between SL and PL

Those areas are disputed based on harti waa anaka from PL, not historical in terms of colonial boundaries which the world maintains as sacrosanct. If PL had any influence in that regard, they'd be in this meeting...they clearly don't

That's true, but the meetings itself shows that the international community considers SL when making this decision. I highly doubt Somalia is doing this out of its own generosity or "somalinimo":pachah1:
They're definitely getting their balls squeezed by ICAO. Can't get that sweet airspace money unless they talk with Somaliland officials.

It's only Somaliland media that are talking about this. Seems like dawlada igu sawir don't want publicize these meetings :icon lol:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Those areas are disputed based on harti waa anaka from PL, not historical in terms of colonial boundaries which the world maintains as sacrosanct. If PL had any influence in that regard, they'd be in this meeting...they clearly don't
of-course you from (((((Your Qabil)))))) believes arbitrary borders a white man drew on a map is "sacrosanct". Like father like son :shookgabre:

The world doesn't see pre 1960 borders, stop lying to the masses :gaasdrink:

xisaabiye

Number 2 sounds good.

But 3 is straight fucking stupid

On the surface it looks like a nornmal deal. But They all have political undertones for those with insight:yacadiim:

1. Means SL is still part of us but they are more suitable to control the airspace due to x y & z
2. Means SL is separate & this is a step towards divvying up what was between us(The former Republic)
3 is a continuation of the stalemate, no independence but we don't control them either

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
It's clear option 1 means Hargeisa will control all of somalias airspace and funding allocated equally to each region in somalia

Very interesting, but this is all rhetoric and hyperbole, its clear which side has the bargaining chip though :manny:

This harti state PL likes to talk about never existed.

xisaabiye

of-course you from (((((Your Qabil)))))) believes arbitrary borders a white man drew on a map is "sacrosanct". Like father like son :shookgabre:

The world doesn't see pre 1960 borders, stop lying to the masses :gaasdrink:

This isn't the clan section. Take it there and i'll karbaash you into a new nigis, possibly even a thong:heh:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Definitely anything but foreginers controlling our airspace and getting the airspace revenue
I think SL are desperate after the famous Qatar Airways situation back in June where they were embarrassed. I don't think xamar is will concede anything, they have all the power and legitimacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending