Similarities Between Arabic and Amharic

Status
Not open for further replies.
That channel will soon do one on Somali. I hope the Somali chick they use won't be fat or ugly. :dead:
Walahi I told Factz to go but he refused honestly I would've went if I lived in Toronto the guy is waiting for a Somali person that knows the language :mjlol:
IMG_20180622_132600.png

Apollo

VIP
Walahi I told Factz to go but he refused honestly I would've went if I lived in Toronto the guy is waiting for a Somali person that knows the language :mjlol:

People from SomaliSpot should try to get into advising the Somalia episode on Geography Now. That guy gets 100,000s of views per country. We can prevent some of the embarrassment. :lol:

People from SomaliSpot should try to get into advising the Somalia episode on Geography Now. That guy gets 100,000s of views per country. We can prevent some of the embarrassment. :lol:
:mjlol: I don't think we want that imagine Knowles advising him:browtf: I liked to keep it as little known as possible or Twitter xalimos will come in with their pseudo history:damn:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Lots of arabic loan words in somali as well, when she said the arabic word "daqiqa" meaning "minute", its the same in Somali but different pronunciation and spelling, in somali we say "hal daqiiqo" meaning "one minute"

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Also in amharic they say se'at for an "hour" , in somali we say saacad. Lots of similarities

:ohhh:

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
Lots of arabic loan words in somali as well, when she said the arabic word "daqiqa" meaning "minute", its the same in Somali but different pronunciation and spelling, in somali we say "hal daqiiqo" meaning "one minute"
i used to hear mirir but im sure it means Daqiiqad

While Somali is classified under Cushitic, it has more loanwords from Arabic than Amharic does (a Semite language).

Amharic has almost no loanwords from Arabic, but mainly shared roots.

what roots are you talking about?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
It just downed on me that Ethiopia was never colonized because God blessed it. their old leaders Negash was a down low Muslim. Amharic is also a derivative language of the old Aramaic languages spoken during Prophet Moses PBUH and Jesus PBUH times

Apollo

VIP
It just downed on me that Ethiopia was never colonized because God blessed it. their old leaders Negash was a down low Muslim. Amharic is also a derivative language of the old Aramaic languages spoken during Prophet Moses PBUH and Jesus PBUH times

For the love of god, you old fart, stop with the fake news.

Those weren't ''Arabs'' as we know them, but pagan Yemenites who spoke South Arabian languages. Arabic, as we know it today, came from Jordan and Northwestern Saudi Arabia and spread with Islam all over the world.

Most Amharas are Orthodox Christians. They converted to Christianity early on through trade with Israel/Greece.
False. The king of Aksum converted after a shipwrecked Syrian told of the religion. This is some 30 years before Constantine. There were already Christians/ and Jews before his time.

Apollo

VIP
False. The king of Aksum converted after a shipwrecked Syrian told of the religion. This is some 30 years before Constantine. There were already Christians/ and Jews before his time.

Minutiae, who gives a f*, the point was that they converted way before modern times. Most other Africans only become Christian due to British or French missionaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending