Maternal: N1
Paternal: E-M293
99.3 Somali
0.6 Sudan (5-8 Generations ago)
0.1 East Asian
99.9 Northeast African
96 Neanderthal Variants

Regions:
Banadir, Bari, Hiraan. Strongest region: Galgaduud and the area of Puntland. None of my other parents regions came up. Does greater Somalia come up on 23&me?

99.3 Somali
0.1 East Asian
99.9 Northeast African
96 Neanderthal Variants

Regions:
Banadir, Bari, Hiraan. Strongest region: Galgaduud and the area of Puntland. None of my other parents regions came up. Does greater Somalia come up on 23&me?
Whats your qabill

99.3 Somali
0.1 East Asian
99.9 Northeast African
96 Neanderthal Variants

Regions:

MashaAllah that Somali %
:banderas:

Holy shit!

You got a SOUTH CUSHITIC paternal haplogroup. You don't have the Somaloid one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My sister did this test but a relative on my dad's side (2nd cousin) came up with this haplogroup and same clan so I'm assuming. What does this mean? Am I not Somali?:faysalwtf:
Also did my dad's regions not come up because she's female?

Apollo

VIP
My sister did this test but a relative on my dad's side (2nd cousin) came up with this haplogroup and same clan so I'm assuming. What does this mean? Am I not Somali?:faysalwtf:

Autosomally, you are Somali.

But paternally, you descend from the first Cushites who moved to Kenya 5,000 years ago. One of your forefathers probably language shifted from South Cushitic language to Af-Somali.

Bohol

VIP

It means you were left behind when the rest of the South Cushites went to Tanzania and further :lol: .

E1b1bRoute.png

Autosomally, you are Somali.

But paternally, you descend from the first Cushites who moved to Kenya 5,000 years ago. One of your forefathers probably language shifted from South Cushitic language to Af-Somali.
I am confusion. So those cushites were not the ancestors of modern day Somalis? Am I a sheegato? An assimilated Somali? War dintey. Helbe me.

Apollo

VIP
I am confusion. So those cushites were not the ancestors of modern day Somalis? Am I a sheegato? An assimilated Somali? War dintey. Helbe me.
No.

You're throughly genetically Somali. Your South Cushitic ancestor language shifted & married into the Somali nation & from there his ancestors continously married Somalis until there was no more South Cushitic blood left.

Haplogroups are used to determine migration patterns & the origins of ethnic groups & races.

Apollo

VIP
By the way, @NFD today's South Cushites and the Ancient South Cushites are not the same. The Ancient South Cushites were more like Central Oromos than like the Iraqw. So don't sweat it. Still interesting nevertheless.

No.

You're throughly genetically Somali. Your South Cushitic ancestor language shifted & married into the Somali nation & from there his ancestors continously married Somalis until there was no more South Cushitic blood left.

Haplogroups only used to determine migration patterns & the origins of ethnic groups & races.
I see but does this predate us being "Somali"? How common is this haplogroup among Somalis?

I wonder if this is common with degodi's? they always seemed different to other somali's :shookgabre:
could this be azanian ancestry?

Apollo

VIP
I wonder if this is common with degodi's? they always seemed different to other somali's :shookgabre:

They are probably a mixture between Early South Cushitic pastoralists and Somalis most likely.

23andMe's autosomal clusters will not be able to show that. One must do secondary analyses to reveal it.