Sibling did 23andMe (Somali Kenyan)

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
They got almost all the HOA lineages, they aren't paternally bottlenecked like Sahos and Somalia-Somalis.

Then this could be sign of a recent ancestor, likely within the past 250 years. The Degodiye have had extensive contact with the Boran for a long time, and were tiiriso (clients) of the Boran. I would not be surprised if the subclade is one found among the Oromo than a truly south cushitic variant.

@NFD what is the Ethiopian ancestry percentage for your sibling?

Apollo

VIP
Then this could be sign of a recent ancestor, likely within the past 250 years. The Degodiye have had extensive contact with the Boran for a long time, and were tiiriso (clients) of the Boran. I would not be surprised if the subclade is one found among the Oromo than a truly south cushitic variant.

By the way, check out this study if you already haven't E-M293 was high in early South Cushites:

https://reich.hms.harvard.edu/sites...stLipsonSawchuk_Science_PastoralNeolithic.pdf

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
I see youre still hurt at me not wanting anything to do with Ethiopians lol. Why are you so bothered by this?

I'm not a Kenyan or Ethiopian I'm Somali. Both NFD and Galbeed are colonized Somali regions. Kulaha they let us rule our own area... Damn youre lost. Degoodi's also live in galbeed. I don't want anything to do with Ethiopians. Let that hurt go and get over it.
so youre not a kenyan yet youre land is called the north east province of keyna, and your people are the most selfhating somalis out their

about this ethiopia thing, i already told you i hate and envy ethiopia , and want somali galbeed along with the ndf to be free and forn a part of greater somalia

0%. I thought of the Boran too. We border them but nothing came up. The only non-Somali was Sudan.

so youre not a kenyan yet youre land is called the north east province of keyna, and your people are the most selfhating somalis out their

about this ethiopia thing, i already told you i hate and envy ethiopia , and want somali galbeed along with the ndf to be free and forn a part of greater somalia
Yes it is what is your point? The borders in Africa were made by Europeans. Your contention with me is that I don't care to connect with Ethiopians and it's weird thing for a Somali to be bothered by. Your lack of self-awareness is odd. i'm self-hating because I just claim to be Somali and nothing else lol.

I don't support Kenya and you post proof if I have. As to self-hating, the most self-hating Somalis in Kenya are Somalis from Somalia who've moved there. Somalis from NFD know who we are.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
This happened over 5000 years ago... before even writing was discovered when your ancestor was punished and outcasted. Somalis did not even exist then. The people who your ancestor married into did not speak Somali or considered themselves Somalis and was closely related to his adopters back then.

This happened over 5000 years ago... before even writing was discovered when your ancestor was punished and outcasted. Somalis did not even exist then. The people who your ancestor married into did not speak Somali or considered themselves Somalis and was closely related to his adopters back then.

That's what I was confused by. So it's more a case of different cushitic groups whatever they were called at the time marrying each other.

Your South Cushite ancestor who was left behind when Somalis turned up in Kenya one day::rejoice::lawd::friendhug::friendhug::it0tdo8: (Cushiticism :p)
:idontlike: Were we even Somali at that point? What is Somali if there are different paternal haplogroups. I don't get this stuff. Anyways I still want nothing to do with our neighbours and none of them showed up in my ancestry. :rejoice:

So I looked at the cousins DNA that I was basing our paternal haplogroup on and they have the Ethiopian/Eritrean vs our Sudan so your hypothesis may be correct. I'll have to find out how exactly we're related (could be maternally related to my father) and update on my paternal haplogroup if any different.

N1 is not linked to any Somali clan. Every Somali clan has it. Even the Rendille carry it. It is an old lineage from the northern Nile Valley.

But surely women would stay within their general geographic area. Why would MtDNA haplogroups be so widespread?

Apollo

VIP
But surely women would stay within their general geographic area. Why would MtDNA haplogroups be so widespread?

Somalis basically share the same 40 or so maternal lineages. No regional selection took place on the maternal side, while Somalis became paternally stratified due to social customs.

Trending