Should younger generation of Somalis in the West continue supporting relatives back home?

This woman needs help

I see her often on my TL spouting the most ridiculous Somali-bashing nonsense

Never forget

1594325949435.png

1594325963820.png

Tbh some people I send money to can be rude and ungrateful. I only get calls when money is needed, never a salam, how you doing or even an eid/ramadan kareem.

On top of that some distant family members only established relationships with me after they heard I was out of school and working. I send them money for the sake of Allah and to make my mother happy, but I do feel salty about it sometimes
Yeah sometimes that can be a bummer but look at the bright side allah is giving you ajr for helping others and am sure their grateful that your helping them even through they may not show it.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Y'all really need to check the first page of the general section before you make a thread this is like the 4th time this week someone made a thread and it got copied two seconds later smh

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Tbh some people I send money to can be rude and ungrateful. I only get calls when money is needed, never a salam, how you doing or even an eid/ramadan kareem.

On top of that some distant family members only established relationships with me after they heard I was out of school and working. I send them money for the sake of Allah and to make my mother happy, but I do feel salty about it sometimes
I'm not that close with my family back home but I still plan on sending money back home. Of course if some are ungrateful I won't send them anything, I'll send it to others.

If a family member asks me for money I'll give it to them even if we rarely talk (assuming I'm in a position to spare money). I don't like small talk made out of courtesy either, I only like meaningful conversations or just get straight to the point. I understand how hard it is to ask some kid younger than you for some money.

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
If you are an adult and have a job you should send money back home to needy relatives even if it’s a small amount .

Ade

Heart on the left side ⚔☤
I will always help my family no matter what I face..If it is required that I pay for my cousin's school in my home country or my uncle's new car I will inshallah help with what I can but luckily my family back home is not dependent on anyone in shape of monthly salary. However, I will not make sure mine is lost or free :samwelcome::farmajoyaab::gaasdrink::sass2::win:

Trending