Should the gender neutral option in Somalispot be removed?

Should the gender neutral option in Somalispot be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there are any gender neutral Somalis, maybe they use it to protect their identity? I use the gender neutral setting, although i'm regretting it now as it's causing confusion, so maybe it should be removed.

Bohol

VIP
I don't think there are any gender neutral Somalis, maybe they use it to protect their identity? I use the gender neutral setting, although i'm regretting it now as it's causing confusion, so maybe it should be removed.

The only people using the gender neutral option are.

1. Females trying to catfish others

2. Gays

Bohol

VIP
Halimos can't hide. They all act a certain way. Very annoying

I agree. There is no way for them to escape from my radar. I can detect feminine posts.

tumblr_mk0a00zlm91rgje4po1_500.gif

TooMacaan

VIP
Why would females pretend to be men in order to catfish...? [The success rate of their catfishing would be :Sutehja:] In fact, it's more likely that the reverse would happen. Unless I'm mistaken, straight men tend to care more about getting the attention of females than vice versa (and thus, are more suspectible to getting tricked by gay men or male catfishes).

In addition, the confusion can never be eliminated because even if you have just the two options-- people can still lie and check off the opposite of what they are.

I personally like the gender neutral option and I don't think getting rid of it will solve anything but it's not a big deal either way.

Bohol

VIP
@TooMacaan They use the gender neutral as a cover to part take in politics and clan related subjects (usually dominated by men). They are
ashamed to use their real gender to throw their 5 cents, a bit like those females that cover their faces in YouTube while insulting clans.

:pachah1:

TooMacaan

VIP
@TooMacaan They use the gender neutral as a cover to part take in politics and clan related subjects (usually dominated by men). They are
ashamed to use their real gender to throw their 5 cents, a bit like those females that cover their faces in YouTube while insulting clans.

:pachah1:
I don't think it has to do with shame but rather the fact that some members will receive the ideas/opinions of an individual who they assume to be male in a more serious manner.
I've even checked off male in other sites that didn't offer a gender neutral option and it has nothing to do with being too cowardly to voice opinions as female, it's more about wanting your ideas to be judged on merit instead of having others devalue(or in some cases, pedestalize) it solely because you're a woman. Also, less hassle and easier to fly under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.