Should Somalia change its name?

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Bantus were brought to Somalia as slaves.
Are you advocating cultural erasure?
tenor.gif

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Bantus were brought to Somalia as slaves.
Are you advocating cultural erasure?
I didn't said that, I said adopt, this is Somalia, and if they see themselves belonging to it, then they need to adopt to its culture, but that doesn't necessarily means they need to abandon their original culture

Northern Ireland is entirely British, because they invaded it and clearly today there is no cuqdad between the Irish and the British. Whereas somalia.....
how they got to northern ireland is absolutely irrelevant. They're indigenous to britain not ireland which the indigenous majority is ethnic irish, so it wouldn't make sense to name the entire irish island something else based on the brits in northern ireland

how they got to northern ireland is absolutely irrelevant. They're indigenous to britain not ireland which the indigenous majority is ethnic irish, so it wouldn't make sense to name the entire irish island something else based on the brits in northern ireland
Northern Ireland was originally Irish lands lol.

Last edited:
Which one tribe? If by that you mean the supposed "85%" ethnic Somalis, then that seems fair to me.
Somalia being named after one tribe has implications that everything in the country is theirs.
Its like calling Puntland, Majeerteenia, there are other clans.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Northern Ireland are british.
Northern Irish folks are protestants. That's why they stayed with UK. There are barely any real English people there. Just protestant IRISH people. Had they been catholic then they would join Ireland without a doubt.