Should Somalia change its name?

The overwhelming majority of people there are ethnic Somali why would we change the name to appease a small minority.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Should France change its name by your logic because it's not fully homogeneous? Somalia is more homogenous than France keep that in mind. Failed troll attempt

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
Maay is language not dialect and I believe they are not somali too

The same difference that exists between af maay and standard Somali can be seen in Italian dialects. The Napolitan dialect is wildly different to the Sicilian one but they are both considered Italian.

The same can be said about Maghrebi Arabic and standard Arabic, the average person in Iraq will find difficulty in understanding a moroccan but they both still speak Arabic.

The same difference that exists between af maay and standard Somali can be seen in Italian dialects. The Napolitan dialect is wildly different to the Sicilian one but they are both considered Italian.

The same can be said about Maghrebi Arabic and standard Arabic, the average person in Iraq will find difficulty in understanding a moroccan but they both still speak Arabic.
This argument is so wrong on everything it hurts lol.

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
This argument is so wrong on everything it hurts lol.

Well go ahead and disprove it then, because all I see is unsubstantiated barking coming from you.

The vast majority of words in Af Maay are Somali so explain how they are distinct languages even though the examples I mentioned are considered one language.

They speak southern cushitic language, if maay is dialect af somali and afaan afar is dialect too , if they use a lot of somali words it doesn't mean they're speaking af somali

Loaded one like "Dhulka Soomaaliyeed". Some even want "Somaliland" to replace "Somalia".
Dhulka Somaaliyeed would sound sexy af in day to day Af Soomaali talk but imagining ajanabi's, especially cadaans, pronouncing that would make me want to slit my throat. Somalia is a khaniis name but rather have that then the two you mentioned. :dead:

Adal would be a nice name since most Somali qabiil's were apart of it anyways. I can't imagine ajanabis fucking up the pronunciation that badly too.

Trending

Latest posts