Should remote tribes like the Sentinelese be civilized?

Should they be civilised?

• Yes - its our duty to civilise them

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • No - We should mind our business and let them live how they want

Votes: 36 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a British officer who kidnapped several Sentinelese and took them back to his house on a bigger island, where the British ran a prison, he watched the adults grow sick and die.
He brought back their deceased bodies back to them, and the children they stole. Every since then, they have been at war with the outside world. :snoop:

That not only it. They don't even know how to create a fire, these people wait for a lightning to strike. These people cannibalize each other, after one of their people die. They eat meat raw most of the time since they don't have easy accesses to fire. Acts like rape, pedophilia, necrophilia and cannibalism is the norm. These people are no different then cave men, this one even last a second there. :farmajoyaab:
How do you know? Did you visit them?

They need to be invaded and civilised. They can't go around acting like cave dwellers and shoot people with their bow and arrow.

Audubillah, look at these people

1A61FC34752F75FCA4DF6207C72AE517.jpg

sentinelese_jpg_2467150b.jpg

These people are so far behind. It would benefit them to be connected to the world and take a share of all the technical and medical advances made so far.
hey at least they cut down less trees than somalis.

This xalimo says she wishes she was Sentinelese
All sjw xaalimos hate somali males and culture/history because they didn't let them run around naked like the bantu men they fetishize. They wish they could have been running around naked being forced into early marriage and sex whenever the primitive man feels like it. Yte they complain about islam and somali culture being too controlling! hypocrites.

:mjlol:

How do you know? Did you visit them?
There has been studies done on them, you should go and search it. There is also videos of scientist visiting that island before the travel ban.
These are quite the savages if you ask me. :manny:

Just kidnap a few of them and show them kindness and return them to their island.
It didn't work the last time, when the british tried. One of their elderly died from a common cold, so the british returned the people that they kidnapped and the deceased. Every since then, these people have hated us outsiders. There has only been few times that they weren't angry at us, but that's when we bring them food like coconuts.

There has been studies done on them, you should go and search it. There is also videos of scientist visiting that island before the travel ban.
These are quite the savages if you ask me. :manny:
They might be savages to us but the fact that they dont seek outside contact and even shoot outsiders who try to enter tells me they are satisfied with the way they live.

Apollo

VIP
Should they be forced to join into civilisation and be introduced to western medicine, technology etc or should they be free to remain living how they do now? They have made it clear that they have no interest in joining our world and want to be left alone.

I was influenced to ask this by this mans tweets, many are disagreeing with him.

These guys must have insane levels of in-group preference (encoded on a genetic level?). Just a few hundred people on a small island (few islands?). And they kill everyone who enters their territory.

These guys must have insane levels of in-group preference (encoded on a genetic level?). Just a few hundred people on a small island (few islands?). And they kill everyone who enters their territory.
Would they not be heavily inbred?

Apollo

VIP
Would they not be heavily inbred?

Depends, yes and no... Yes when compared to other populations, but no when it comes to surviving. So long as they don't reproduce with their siblings or first cousins it should be manageable.

Apollo

VIP
Of course they're inbred, the island has only people around 100 to 500. :siilaanyolaugh:

American Indians descend from like 100 people who crossed the Bering Strait (Alaska) 13,000 years ago.

Eurasians descend from ~1000 people who left Africa 70,000 years ago.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Who cares what we think. They should be given a choice.

Diseases can be vaccinated against if some of them decide to travel outside.

Not that they haven't already been mixing with the Indian tourists.

Whoever wants to join civilisation can join and whoever wants to stay should be able to...

They're all individuals and some might not be able to adapt to modern life.

I'm more concerned that the Indians will use it as an opportunity to swoop in and trick them to sell their land.

@Kaiser wll post your sources because I can't find any of the shit you are saying on google

:deadmanny:
https://www.survivalinternational.org/tribes/sentinelese
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentinelese
-
"As the bodies of the two fishermen killed by the Sentinelese were found, it has been suggested that they do not practice cannibalism" It's only a suggestion based on one instance, not a fact. It can be that they don't eat the corpses of outsiders, but are willingly to eat their own deceased. I don't remember where i have heard this, so you can take this with a grain of salt.

Muji

VIP
What makes you think your idea of living life is better than theirs?

You really don’t think they have fulfilment, culture, tradition, family, community?

They should at least become more open like the other Andamanese tribes. The barbarity of killing those who come on the island should not be tolerated. This video gives the perceptive of other groups who regularly interact with outsiders.

I believe all of them should slowly be introduced to the developed world. Maybe with local schools and such amenities. Those who choose to remain in their hunter-gather lifestyle should be left alone.

Trying to civilize them would just be traumatizing for them. People don't realize that you have to start with children if you want to properly acculturate people who are essentially stone-age savages. They have no history or knowledge of other people. The closest thing you can do to "civilizing" these people is basically kidnapping their children. We don't have interpreters or anything.

They should at least become more open like the other Andamanese tribes. The barbarity of killing those who come on the island should not be tolerated. This video gives the perceptive of other groups who regularly interact with outsiders.

I believe all of them should slowly be introduced to the developed world. Maybe with local schools and such amenities. Those who choose to remain in their hunter-gather lifestyle should be left alone.
Watch the video, they say they dont like the outside world and wish they remained isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.