Should remote tribes like the Sentinelese be civilized?

Should they be civilised?

• Yes - its our duty to civilise them

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • No - We should mind our business and let them live how they want

Votes: 36 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, Somali nomads are more civilized than these people. Somali nomads are not as disconnected like these sentinelse people. I mean ...
maxresdefault.jpg

... they even make it on tv and probably have and know what a phone is. They might not have the most luxurious things. But they have access and are connected with the world, as opposed with the sentinelse that are shooting and acting like animals. They don't have access to the most basic things, probably doesn't even know what antibiotics are. The difference between the Somali nomads and these remote tribes is in accessibility

life

These islanders are more self sufficient than the Somali nomads and the latter basically lives in conditions akin to the Stone Age era.

People should be let to live the way of life they chose and want to live and others should respect their territory and not trespass on it. If I trespass on the property of an American, they’ve every right to shoot & kill me, how & why are these islanders any different to these Americans defending their properties?

life

These islanders are more self sufficient than the Somali nomads and the latter basically lives in conditions akin to the Stone Age era.

People should be let to live the way of life they chose and want to live and others should respect their territory and not trespass on it. If I trespass on the property of an American, they’ve every right to shoot & kill me, how & why are these islanders any different to these Americans defending their properties?

I think you're forgetting that they are not civilised and are not connected to the modern world. Leaving them alone is a selfish idea. These people live in the stone age and dont even know how to start a fire. How are they more self-sufficient than the Somali nomads when they don't even know how to do the most basic things.

People shouldn't be alone and do what they want to do. If that was the case then there would be no law telling people what they can't do. these remote tribes act like animals. They kill, they eat each other when one of them die and more bizarre things. The world has evolved. Things that were okay then are not okay now. These people need to catch up to the moral evolution that the rest of humanity has gone thru. Treating women like less, eating each other, killing for no reason is not socially accepted anymore.

I think you're forgetting that they are not civilised and are not connected to the modern world. Leaving them alone is a selfish idea. These people live in the stone age and dont even know how to start a fire. How are they more self-sufficient than the Somali nomads when they don't even know how to do the most basic things.

People shouldn't be alone and do what they want to do. If that was the case then there would be no law telling people what they can't do. these remote tribes act like animals. They kill, they eat each other when one of them die and more bizarre things. The world has evolved. Things that were okay then are not okay now. These people need to catch up to the moral evolution that the rest of humanity has gone thru. Treating women like less, eating each other, killing for no reason is not socially accepted anymore.

life

Since we acted as "savages" and destroyed our country and massacred 100,000's of Somalis and we are still incapable of building a safe and functioning country and there are millions of Somalis still suffering and clans fight from time to time, would you support if the "civilised" world community invade us and force upon us building a State we can all call home and "civilise" us not to fight on the names of our clans? Or, should we be left alone and sort this stuff by ourselves?

VixR

Veritas
This xalimo says she wishes she was Sentinelese
I can understand her point in a sense. She’s assuming they live more fulfilled lives because their lives so simple and untouched by modernity.

I think they should be left alone...

life

Since we acted as "savages" and destroyed our country and massacred 100,000's of Somalis and we are still incapable of building a safe and functioning country and there are millions of Somalis still suffering and clans fight from time to time, would you support if the "civilised" world community invade us and force upon us building a State we can all call home and "civilise" us not to fight on the names of our clans? Or, should we be left alone and sort this stuff by ourselves?

Again, you are comparing a remote tribe that has no connection to the modern world what so ever to Somalia who is connected to the world and whose citizens have access and knowledge of the most basics of things.

If Somalia was invaded to HELP and restore the country, then why not. I am not saying that an outside force should completely run these people, but that they should be invaded and kept up to date. When they are ready, they can elect their own leader and rule for themselves. They should be introduced to all the medical step ups and be given the same opportunity to live as others. As for Somalia, if someone would invade, restore and give the power back to the Somalis, I would have no problem with that tbh.

These people don't even know how to START A FIRE. Don't you think that it is a little selfish not to share all the advances we've made?

They have been cut off from Continental Mainland Asia for at least 60,000 years. They were not ever exposed to any of the pathogens that many in Mainland Asia had been exposed to over that time period.

Thus, they have no immunities to fight off those pathogens. That white christian man was the real threat here in this situation. The people were only doing what was necessary in order to keep their livelihood and culture intact. To which might I add, they are fully within their rights to do so.

Considering the track record of white people, hell Eurasians at Large, wouldn't you say that the Sentinelese people were doing themselves a favor?

So why would one advocate for their destruction? For what cause?

Apollo

VIP
I just read a bit about the native Andamanese tribes. Apparently, there are several with very different lifestyles.

Sentinelese: very isolated and extremely xenophobic (killing anyone who enters their land).

Jarawa: still living as hunter-gatherers, but not hostile to the outside world.

Onge: ''semi-civilized'' but largely pure race.

The Great Andamanese: civilized but mixed with mainland Indians. They look like the pure ones, still extremely dark skinned, but genetically speaking they have mainland Indian admixture. It kind of shows in their hair not being as rough as the others.

I just read a bit about the native Andamanese tribes. Apparently, there are several with very different lifestyles.

Sentinelese: very isolated and extremely xenophobic (killing anyone who enters their land).

Jarawa: still living as hunter-gatherers, but not hostile to the outside world.

Onge: ''semi-civilized'' but largely pure race.

The Great Andamanese: civilized but mixed with mainland Indians. They look like the pure ones, still extremely dark skinned, but genetically speaking they have mainland Indian admixture. It kind of shows in their hair not being as rough as the others.
Why do they resemble black Africans and not Indians?

Dravidian Indians have ancestry from Neolithic era Mesoptomia and Indo-Aryan Indians have ancestry from Ukraine/Central Asia (before the Mongol invasion).
So the original Indians looked like that?
I can kinda see some Indian features on the sentinelese/jarawa faces.

Likely, but I think the Ancestral Indians had wavy hair.

Look at the hair of Papuans vs Australian Aboriginals. It is also different.
From what ive seen, with Papuans and negritos, also Fijians and Melanesians, half of them have nappy hair and half have soft hair.

They should be left uncontacted, so that we can watch and see how they will develop as a tribe. The only time we should contact them is, when they want to contact us by choice.

Apollo

VIP
From what ive seen, with Papuans and negritos, also Fijians and Melanesians, half of them have nappy hair and half have soft hair.

The ones on Malaysia/West Indonesia and the Philippines have Austronesian admixture (although not all of them). The Mamanwa of the Philippines are the most Negrito (80%). The other ones less than 50%. Source: http://science.sciencemag.org/content/326/5959/1541

The Negritos of SEA, Solomon Islanders, and Australian Aborigines also carry natural blondism genes - showing that they are related:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
@NA9

Saw this comment under an Andamanese video, somebody mentioned 'why they all look so young?', response:

''Black don't crack.
Until you use a whip''

:damn::dead:

The Sentinelese should be left alone to pursue their simple lives on their island. They appear to be healthy and happy people in much better shape than we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending