Should child marriage be banned in Somalia?

World

VIP
I don't like cadaan women thanks, Umar ibn khattab didn't discourage just cousin marriages, thats more of a modern day western thing, he encouraged people to marry outside of their tribe and cities, basically diversify who you marry, because different races of people have different strengths, this is even known in animal breeding aswell, point being, if somalis want to just marry inside their qabiil or only somalis they are limiting their diversity in genetics and therefore limiting there strenght.
There is no benefit in marrying outside of your ethnicity, there are 25 million Somalis to pick from. To reduce genetic drift, a population only needs 500 unrelated individuals. I just think the reason is a bit more personal based on how you thought that xalimo was a 2/10.

I just think the reason is a bit more personal based on how you thought that xalimo was a 2/10.
That xalimo was a 2/10, you guys are acc blind, have you ever seen a pretty women in your life? it is like going to a chicken shop and comparing their chicken with a five star michellen resturaunt which serves chicken with a crust and lemo butter sauce underneath the skin perfectly cooked. You guys must refresh your appetites.
If you want to know what I think a pretty xalimo looks like, search up rayan xasan on instagram

There is no benefit in marrying outside of your ethnicity, there are 25 million Somalis to pick from. To reduce genetic drift, a population only needs 500 unrelated individuals.
Their is, different people of different ethnicities have different strenghts, marrying out would get the best of both sides, somalis only have limited genetics, there is only so many different alleles and genetic variation in one country, mixing with others would bring out different strengths

Their is, different people of different ethnicities have different strenghts, marrying out would get the best of both sides, somalis only have limited genetics, there is only so many different alleles and genetic variation in one country, mixing with others would bring out different strengths
Nah, there are millions of us, no reasons to marry out. If you wanna be different, marry a girl from outside your qabil or completely different part. In fact, marry a Reer Djibouti Somali girl if you want ‘genetic variation’ or whatever. Nothing is better than marrying your own.

Marriage is already enough, don’t complicate it by bringing in a diff culture, values ect.

Mostly happens to poor families, I personally know well off businessmen who married off their daughters at 15 and younger.
what was the age of the groom?

The #1 problem is the culture, it even trumps religion in some issues. We have one of the most misogynistic societal structures on earth.
Somali culture needs to either align itself with Islamic law (Gods laws) or secular law (Human law). Because as things stand we have poor Africans, who are gaalo teaching us the importance of human rights. And we have the audacity to call ourselves Muslims , what a shame.
There is a crazy maahmaah which says "ninkii dhali karaa dhaqi kara".
It’s not crazy it’s true that why I support such marriages, where the age difference is between minimum 5 years and max 25 years. Anything beyond that, a man is either marrying for vanity or hiring his future nurse.

Nah, there are millions of us, no reasons to marry out. If you wanna be different, marry a girl from outside your qabil or completely different part. In fact, marry a Reer Djibouti Somali girl if you want ‘genetic variation’ or whatever. Nothing is better than marrying your own.

Marriage is already enough, don’t complicate it by bringing in a diff culture, values ect.
Nah people should marry outside of their race.
People have interracial marriages all the time, people who hate that always mention the complications or divorce or whatever as a reason to not get married, but i would argue just as much divorces happen in same race marriages. If 2 people love each other and work hard, a interracial marriage will work.
All the pro-marry inside your race people have made me a pro-interracial marriage person, I will call to interracial marriages just to P them off

what was the age of the groom?

Somali culture needs to either align itself with Islamic law (Gods laws) or secular law (Human law). Because as things stand we have poor Africans, who are gaalo teaching us the importance of human rights. And we have the audacity to call ourselves Muslims , what a shame.

It’s not crazy it’s true that why I support such marriages, where the age difference is between minimum 5 years and max 25 years. Anything beyond that, a man is either marrying for vanity or hiring his future nurse.
Most women want a man that is 2-7 years younger. Also, big age gap marriages aren’t great and studies show this as well. Also, when women aren’t in poverty or solely marrying for money, they tend to prefer marrying within their generation. Global trends shows this. Even when looking at old census, for the most part, the men weren’t even significantly older when we look at average people.

Also, it’s better for both men and women to marry younger. A man that is 35+ will have poorer sperm quality and increase likelihood of autism ect.

Obviously everthing is in the Qadr of Allah, but it’s simply doesn’t benefit a woman in her prime to be with a man who is pushing 40. That Somali Mahmah is obviously a saying coined by older men trying to chase women who are in their daughters age range.

Women’s actual desires along with biological reasons

Nah people should marry outside of their race.
People have interracial marriages all the time, people who hate that always mention the complications or divorce or whatever as a reason to not get married, but i would argue just as much divorces happen in same race marriages. If 2 people love each other and work hard, a interracial marriage will work.
All the pro-marry inside your race people have made me a pro-interracial marriage person, I will call to interracial marriages just to P them off
Actually studies show that IR actually have higher divorce rates and it makes complete sense why. If you already found someone and your heart is set, then deffo go for what you feel makes you happy, however if you don’t have anyone, then I think it would be better to actually think about it a bit more. The older you become the more you realize that marriage isn’t just about you and the girl, you’re also taking on their family and going to have to come to terms with doing things differently ect. It’s hard work for sure, but I’m sure with the right person it will work. I’m just of the opinion that you can find what you’re looking for in a Somali, so why bother with the extra burdens? Also another thing, raising kids is easier and God forbid if a divorce happens, the chances of your child being completely cut off from you is low. Somalis are clan based and when it comes to marriage it is of some benefit. There are points of contact and community shaming that won’t work with an ajnabi girl.

Actually studies show that IR actually have higher divorce rates and it makes complete sense why. If you already found someone and your heart is set, then deffo go for what you feel makes you happy, however if you don’t have anyone, then I think it would be better to actually think about it a bit more. The older you become the more you realize that marriage isn’t just about you and the girl, you’re also taking on their family and going to have to come to terms with doing things differently ect. It’s hard work for sure, but I’m sure with the right person it will work. I’m just of the opinion that you can find what you’re looking for in a Somali, so why bother with the extra burdens? Also another thing, raising kids is easier and God forbid if a divorce happens, the chances of your child being completely cut off from you is low. Somalis are clan based and when it comes to marriage it is of some benefit. There are points of contact and community shaming that won’t work with an ajnabi girl.
True but I will keep on promoting interracial marriage to annoy people who are staunch on only marrying inside their race because I find it funny when they get angry

True but I will keep on promoting interracial marriage to annoy people who are staunch on only marrying inside their race because I find it funny when they get angry
Please stop you’re irritating me. Somalis for a Somalis !

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Nah in all honesty, so what you think it’s right for you! The woman that makes you feel content and happy could very well be an ajnabi. This is merely advice!

Most women want a man that is 2-7 years younger. Also, big age gap marriages aren’t great and studies show this as well. Also, when women aren’t in poverty or solely marrying for money, they tend to prefer marrying within their generation. Global trends shows this. Even when looking at old census, for the most part, the men weren’t even significantly older when we look at average people.
I really don’t care for studies in such matter because I see the truth in real life, your problem is whenever you hear old men,you immediately think of out of shape badly groomed adeer.

where as I’m talking about his sexy slick brother, who is deemed a silver fox. Well groomed well built and nicely dressed.
Also, it’s better for both men and women to marry younger. A man that is 35+ will have poorer sperm quality and increase likelihood of autism ect.
again your talking about men who don’t take care of their health, a man who eats a predominately high fat diet and lifts heavy weights. Will have high testosterone which will produce high quality sperm. we’re not like women sorry!!!

Obviously everthing is in the Qadr of Allah, but it’s simply doesn’t benefit a woman in her prime to be with a man who is pushing 40. That Somali Mahmah is obviously a saying coined by older men trying to chase women who are in their daughters age range.

Women’s actual desires along with biological reasons
A man pushing 40 is actually in is peak prime, that’s if he looks after his health.

A woman peak is from 15 - 25, a man’s peak is 35 - 60, if he takes care of his body and his wealth.

A man pushing 40 is actually in is peak prime, that’s if he looks after his health.

A woman peak is from 15 - 25, a man’s peak is 35 - 60, if he takes care of his body and his wealth.
In his body or mind?
A man is peak in his maturity at the age of 40, mental wise, but physical wise he is not

In his body or mind?
A man is peak in his maturity at the age of 40, mental wise, but physical wise he is not
A man’s peak is not only about his mind and his body, it’s also experience, skill etc.

I know a guy in our social group who is 42 years old, built like a tank.

Whenever we go out he gets harrased by 18 year olds, one even insisted he take her home.

But he always pushes them aside, while the rest of the guys don’t get as much play.

and everyone is built in this group there are no slackers.

Yaraye

VIP
I will also add that your emotional claims of misogyny and bias wont work on me as I am not a man but a woman. Another baseless assumption of yours.
I don't believe that shit. You ain't a woman. stop pretending to be one and trying to confuse the sisters:comeon::susp:

I really don’t care for studies in such matter because I see the truth in real life, your problem is whenever you hear old men,you immediately think of out of shape badly groomed adeer.
In real life the vast majority are married to men who are only 2-7 years. In society only less than 8% are married to man who are more than ten years. So what are you seeing? Most SomAli girls in the West are overwhelmingly married to Abdis who are a similar age to them. Maybe at most 5 years older. So who are you seeing? Fobs? They are the ones with the bigger age gaps and studies show that in Eastern societies with poverty that is when average age gap is higher.

You’re delusional. When the vast majority are married to men who are a similar age group and men themselves are telling you they have a preference for men that are ten years younger, then you really need to leave your home and touch grass

where as I’m talking about his sexy slick brother, who is deemed a silver fox. Well groomed well built and nicely dressed.
Women overwhelmingly prefer men who are only 2-7 years. You don’t care for studies nor do you care for what women think. That is a form of delusion then. Those studies show that more 93% of women in the UK, America and the tbh most countries are married to men who are less than ten years older.

All the girls I know are married to men less than ten years older. Ask any girl here her preference.

again your talking about men who don’t take care of their health, a man who eats a predominately high fat diet and lifts heavy weights. Will have high testosterone which will produce high quality sperm. we’re not like women sorry!!!
I’m not. It is a fact that men’s sperm
Quality reduces as they age. it’s not about being like women. You’re discounting basic science and are now thinking with your emotions.
Sperm wise no. You’re pushing mere opinion here. A man pushing 40 is not in his peak, only financially. You’re being delusional here. Example, after 37 footballers need to retire as despite being very healthy, strength, being fast ect they simply can’t compete with a 25 yr old.

Biology doesn’t give a shit about social norms or that men accumulate wealth later in life. Your sperm, looks and strength will go downhill.

No sperm wise it isn’t not at all. Read the literature on it. Even if he takes care of his health that is still not the case. 35 is when their sperm quality reduces and men who are 40+ Are more likely to produce kids with autism than younger men.

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي

Yasir Qadhi makes a very good point about child marriage. In Islam it is merely allowed and a ruler can disallow it supposedly. Qadhi made logical points and he also talks about numerous cases of the Mubah being temporarily disallowed in Islamic history starting with Umar bin Khattab’s R.A time.

Before all of these people with grade 1 fiqh get upset, why did Umar bin Khattab R.A temporarily disallow marrying Jew and Christian women despite it being explicitly allowed in the Quran? It was a pragmatic decision. He didn’t go against the Quran and Sunnah, he merely limited it as he was worried about the marital status of Muslim women and it was about the greater good of these women not being spinsters. Hence, the Question is why can’t Muslim Ulama in today’s modern world actually take a pragmatic view and actually worry about the health of young Muslim girls?

Some Salafis on here will call Qadhi a progressive, but that doesn’t make sense. If in early Islam, Marrying Jews and Christian women was limited and the permissibility of marrying their women is explicitly mentioned in the Quran, yet child marriage isn’t, why is it okay for one to be limited and not the other? Take for example the issue of triple talaq at one time as well. It is allowed but it has been limited throughout Islamic history.

Looking at Islamic history really does unravel a lot of the talking points of many have here. Anyways, most Muslim countries do have age limits any way.
Eh this argument only justifies the CAN and not the WHY. I'm more interested in what cultural changes took place during the middle east for Muslim men during the 7th century to marry young girls out of presumably just/morally acceptable reasons, whereas as you claimed Muslim men today marrying young girls due to unjust reasons

Not attacking your point or anything just curious

This is wrong is so many ways, but what can do you. From Yemen to Somalia to Afghanistan it seems family have no shame giving their daughters to older men " Money, Favors, Influence, ect " its sad, disgusting and shameful. This is why i support every Somali Female become Educated and given an opportunity to learn higher education. This girl should be with her peers enjoying life, and studying but instead shes gonna be having babies, cleaning and caring for this old man.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Be careful, @AMusee will accuse you of liberalism or maybe that is only reserved for women?

What is wajib and what is haram cannot be changed.

The leeway is only for things that are merely Mubah. An example of men being stripped of certain rights is the rights to marry women of the Kitab. That is a right that Allah gave them but Omar R.A disallowed it because he feared that young women would be left without a husband. He wasn’t against the Quran obviously, he merely didn’t allow it during his time due to the side effects he was witnessing.

Also, men were also stripped of the rights to Talaq their wives three times on the spot. Why? Because of rampant divorces. Yet I can imagine if these Jahils that are arguing with me if they lived during those times they’d be arguing with Caliph’s about how that is disallowing the haram! They’d be calling it all ‘Liberal’ changing of the deen or whatever nonsense.

Also, with the point about men being forced to present to court isn’t one I’m familiar with.

However, one thing is certain is that disallowing the Mubah happened and happens all the time, but the only one that people are concerned about is the one’s impacting women. These hypocritical men have no issues with modern ideals as long as it benefits them.
that's another thing I don't like about people who call themselves "Salafi".

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
You’re talking from a Western lens. The child marriages are usually ones that are forced and mostly due to poverty. Also, the marriages are sometimes even younger than when even Western children think about the opp sex let alone lust. This is about curtailing issues like little ten yr olds dying on their wedding nights and 13-14 yr olds be pressured by family so that they have one less mouth to feed.

A 16 yr old marrying isn’t also the same as a 12-13 yr old as we already know the literature of girls getting pregnant at menarche is linked to ectopic pregnancy, later infertility, increased risk of later cancer, major pregnancy complications and the list goes on

Isn't one of the purposes of marriage for people to fulfil their desires in a Halal way? If marriage for under-18 girls/boys was banned don't you think our under-18 people are vulnerable to falling for Zina?

True, I’m not opposed to young people marrying each other free from force, escaping poverty and the like. I believe it should be regulated. Also, the idea of little 13 yr olds getting into Zina is not common. Majority if those girls are literally just starting their periods and like I mentioned early pregnancy can be very unhealthy and later cause infertility if the pregnancy goes wrong. It is counter productive as a society as life expectancy has changed.

That would obviously not be acceptable in an Islamic society. Also, the idea of Zina of little 13 yr olds simply isn’t common, nor is it seen as acceptable.

If we’re going to call everything that impacts women negatively and women finally talking about as ‘feminist’ then as an ummah men and women will continue to be at odds. Speak to the least feminist of women and she’ll tell you such an act is damaging. A lot of scholars whilst might not see it as marital rape literally call it Domestic violence/sexual abuse.
@Hamzza is always mentioning martial rape, he's a creep authubillah. Do want to rape your wife? without anyone thinking you're sick animal? Akhassssss.

Trending