Shariah in a religiously plural society?

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
I thought Islam looked like it will stay stagnant?
Forest Whitaker Laughing GIF

Tick tock to Nigeria 2.0 my friend
Season 2 Time GIF by American Gods
Yep, it will stay stagnant. While Somalis increase in population, Oromos have already or are about to swing back into a Christian majority ethnic group due to the spread of Protestantism (which I am not enthusiastic about)

seldiboy

For an eritrean you sure care a lot about ethiopia the very country you fought. You try to present yourself as impartial on the matters between muslims and christians and sort of sympathetic if not slightly leaning towards the muslim point of view or at the very least understanding of their perspective. Reality is that you're pro ethiopia and an amhara apologetic judging from your posts.
Of course I care about what happens in Ethiopia since it has huge knock on effects on Eritrea. I am impartial when it comes to religion. I am just very anti-Wahhabism and the Khawarij-isation of peaceful people. This is why I have never lambasted Islam in Eritrea - since it hasnโ€™t infringed on the rights of others.

Because I have a sense of self preservation and donโ€™t want my kind to be slaughtered, I am suddenly a pro-Amhara apologist LOL

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
If ethiopians care about keeping christian then why dont the give back ogaden.

Garaad diinle

๎€š๎€ž๎€ข๎€œ๎€  ๎€ ๎€Ÿ๎€ก๎€๎€›
Of course I care about what happens in Ethiopia since it has huge knock on effects on Eritrea. I am impartial when it comes to religion.
What knock on effect are we talking about here? What would eritrea suffer from a stagnant ethiopia other than the fall of the the hegemony of habasha and amahara no longer being spoken in any other place than the amhara region?

I am just very anti-Wahhabism and the Khawarij-isation of peaceful people. This is why I have never lambasted Islam in Eritrea - since it hasnโ€™t infringed on the rights of others.
This is the go to tactics of anyone who harbours any sort of enmity towards islam. You guys are good but these guys are bad. French government doesn't distinguish between different islamic school of thought and are hostile toward all islamic thought yet you support their stands calling it self preservation.

You say you're very impartial when it comes to religion yet you appear to support this.
And so what if France is hostile to Islam? Can they not preserve their culture? Imagine the uproar if missionaries tried to open up Christian schools in Mogadishu.
What is very odd is the silly example that you used is the very one that you contradicted in another post when you were confronted with this.

Christianity is as foreign to the Somali regions of โ€œEthiopiaโ€ as Islam is to France.
The Somali regions of Ethiopia are Ethiopia (regardless of whether that is just) and so making the distinction is pointless since internal migration is inevitable.
Your biases are quite clear hostility towards islam is okay since islam hasn't been there for centuries so france can preserve their culture but the somali region which also hasn't had christianity and still don't in the vast majority of the region can't do the something? Just come out and say it i'm not going to bite you or anything.

Because I have a sense of self preservation and donโ€™t want my kind to be slaughtered, I am suddenly a pro-Amhara apologist LOL

What sort of self preservation are we talking about? You're not amhara are you? Could it be that you're pretending to be eritrian while in reality you're from the amhara region? Oh wait i know what you mean by my kind, isn't it the habasha identity? Isn't it the ethio-semitic language?

The fact that you see amhara as being your kind is what makes you biased toward them in any conversation. You can't come out as impartial in topics between amhara and somalis. You call for cultural preservation in france but not in the somali region why? Because in the somali region this will benefit amharas so it's fine by you in both cases islam and muslim identity is being kept down yet you call yourself imparsial. Stop the cap.

GemState

36/21
VIP
Yep, it will stay stagnant. While Somalis increase in population, Oromos have already or are about to swing back into a Christian majority ethnic group due to the spread of Protestantism (which I am not enthusiastic about)
It is important to bring sources when you reply. Oromia is becoming more Muslim, not Christian. Protestantism is eating up Orthodoxy.
1679304177615.png

seldiboy

What knock on effect are we talking about here? What would eritrea suffer from a stagnant ethiopia other than the fall of the the hegemony of habasha and amahara no longer being spoken in any other place than the amhara region?

This is the go to tactics of anyone who harbours any sort of enmity towards islam. You guys are good but these guys are bad. French government doesn't distinguish between different islamic school of thought and are hostile toward all islamic thought yet you support their stands calling it self preservation.

You say you're very impartial when it comes to religion yet you appear to support this.

What is very odd is the silly example that you used is the very one that you contradicted in another post when you were confronted with this.

Your biases are quite clear hostility towards islam is okay since islam hasn't been there for centuries so france can preserve their culture but the somali region which also hasn't had christianity and still don't in the vast majority of the region can't do the something? Just come out and say it i'm not going to bite you or anything.

What sort of self preservation are we talking about? You're not amhara are you? Could it be that you're pretending to be eritrian while in reality you're from the amhara region? Oh wait i know what you mean by my kind, isn't it the habasha identity? Isn't it the ethio-semitic language?

The fact that you see amhara as being your kind is what makes you biased toward them in any conversation. You can't come out as impartial in topics between amhara and somalis. You call for cultural preservation in france but not in the somali region why? Because in the somali region this will benefit amharas so it's fine by you in both cases islam and muslim identity is being kept down yet you call yourself imparsial. Stop the cap.
Knock on effects of a Muslim Ethiopia? Eritrea has Sudan to the left funding Jihadists groups to sow discord in Eritrea. We have Al Shabaab to the right in Somalia wreaking havoc. We have Jeberti provocateurs advocating for Shariah in Eritrea from the diaspora. If Ethiopia flips then who knows what will happen. It would be in every countries interest in that case for Eritrea to become an Islamic society.

Ogaden is different to France in that the reason Christianity is present in Galbeed is imperialism. Where in this forum have I supported the occupation of Galbeed? Because Galbeed has been incorporated into a secular state, it is now subject to secular law. I am more than happy for them to secede but while they are part of Ethiopia, unfortunately for them they will have to coexist in the meanwhile.

My kind are Orthodox Christians. I want to preserve my religion. It has nothing to do with ethnicity. There is no existing country under Shariah where Christians can live safely with full freedom and rights whereas the opposite is not true for Muslims.

Garaad diinle

Knock on effects of a Muslim Ethiopia? Eritrea has Sudan to the left funding Jihadists groups to sow discord in Eritrea. We have Al Shabaab to the right in Somalia wreaking havoc. We have Jeberti provocateurs advocating for Shariah in Eritrea from the diaspora. If Ethiopia flips then who knows what will happen. It would be in every countries interest in that case for Eritrea to become an Islamic society.
Huh. So this is what keeps you up at night. It's all about islam isn't it. I mean i figured as much but i'm surprised at how you bluntly stating that. I thought i would have to pressure you a bit more for you to come clean but that was faster than i expected. The way you painted muslims is quite telling of how you feel deep down.

Ogaden is different to France in that the reason Christianity is present in Galbeed is imperialism. Where in this forum have I supported the occupation of Galbeed? Because Galbeed has been incorporated into a secular state, it is now subject to secular law. I am more than happy for them to secede but while they are part of Ethiopia, unfortunately for them they will have to coexist in the meanwhile.
Galbeed is indeed different than france, somalis are native to galbeed but muslims are not native to france. You can't occupay a land and then get to introduce whatever you want. For you to say that you want to preserve your religion and is afraid of ethiopia becoming a muslim state simultaneously telling somalis to deal with it beacuse secularism is not only contradictory but also further highlight your clear bias toward orthodox christians in ethiopia than muslim, not very impartial i see. What about muslims who fear ethiopia becoming an orthodox christian country? It's almost as if you see muslims as noble savages while the government led by ethio-semites or orthodox christians as benevolent rulers.

My kind are Orthodox Christians. I want to preserve my religion. It has nothing to do with ethnicity. There is no existing country under Shariah where Christians can live safely with full freedom and rights whereas the opposite is not true for Muslims.
Funny you should say that. How would you like to have islamic schools through out amhara and tigray region? How would you like to have many mosques in both of these regions? How about settling muslims from other regions inside these two regions? Your answer would be since you wanna preserve your religion a resounding no but when it comes to muslims it's secularism everybody that's how it is.

Nobody told the solomanic dynasty to take over muslim lands. You fear that they might become muslims or be ruled by sharia but would that have happened if they never expanded and incorporate muslim lands? Here is an idea how about eritrea and christian ethiopia unite in one country while muslims are left to their own devises.

Last edited:

seldiboy

I think your forgetting the fact we trained your leaders. Iska Xishood, we are the ones who gave afwerki a house and food in Mogadishu as well as arms iyo rations.
Afwerki along with the other leaders were trained in China. They did stay in Xamar though and we are thankful for that. I was commenting on the viability of @Yaraye 's implication that Somalia could militarily take over the Horn which is currently slim to none

seldiboy

Huh. So this is what keeps you up at night. It's all about islam isn't it. I mean i figured as much but i'm surprised at how you bluntly stating that. I thought i would have to pressure you a bit more for you to come clean but that was faster than i expected. The way you painted muslims is quite telling of how you feel deep down.

Galbeed is indeed different than france, somalis are native to galbeed but muslims are not native to france. You can't occupay a land and then get to introduce whatever you want. For you to say you want to preserve your religion and is afraid of ethiopia becoming a muslim state simultaneously telling somalis to deal with it beacuse secularism is not only contradictory but also further highlight your clear bias toward orthodox christians in ethiopia than muslim, not very impartial i see. It's almost as if you see muslims as noble savages while the government led by ethio-semites or orthodox christians as benevolent rulers.

Funny you should say that. How would you like to have islamic schools through out amhara and tigray region? How would you like to have many mosques in both of these regions? How about settling muslims from other regions inside these two regions? Your answer would be since you wanna preserve your religion is no but when it comes to muslims it's secularism everybody that's how it is.

Nobody told the solomanic dynasty to take over muslim lands. You fear that they might become muslims or be ruled by sharia but would that have happened if they never expanded and incorporate muslim lands? Here is an idea how about eritrea and christian ethiopia unite in one country while muslims are left to their own devises.
You must have comprehension problems. I am more than happy for those in Galbeed to preserve their religion. However the only way they will do this is if they decide to secede from Ethiopia (which is something I would support). However because they are so buckbroken they will not and as such will never be free from a secular Ethiopia. Their lack of preservation of religion is a byproduct of imperialism and not the other way around. It is on those in Galbeed and you lot in Somalia to liberate them.

It's funny how when I list extremist groups, you interpret that as a slight against common Muslim folk. Islam does not keep me up at night. Khawarij and extremists who want to cleanse my people do. Maybe that is your personal intention and interpretation of your religion.

I couldn't care less about Islamic schools and mosques in Amhara and Tegaru land since there are practicing Muslims in both ethnic groups. I would have no problems with Muslims settling in those regions either since Ethiopia is secular. As long as those settlers do not install Shariah there is no problem.

Expansion of Ethiopia is history. Deal with it. You lot love to sing praises of Ahmed Gurey but play the victim whenever the opposite is brought up.

And no, Eritrea and Ethiopia will never unify. Eritrea is a secular country for both Christians and Muslims. Fundamentalists on both sides are rightfully crushed and suppressed. That's why there is no Shariah nor Christian theocracy. That is the ideal. Not the dystopia that Shariah is.

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We lose or We Die.
VIP
Afwerki along with the other leaders were trained in China. They did stay in Xamar though and we are thankful for that. I was commenting on the viability of @Yaraye 's implication that Somalia could militarily take over the Horn which is currently slim to none
They Key word us *currently*
Soon the Glourious Somali Macrobian East African Empire will rise.
Heil to the Empire
:Hiel: :mjlol::deadrose:

Garaad diinle

You must have comprehension problems. I am more than happy for those in Galbeed to preserve their religion. However the only way they will do this is if they decide to secede from Ethiopia (which is something I would support). However because they are so buckbroken they will not and as such will never be free from a secular Ethiopia. Their lack of preservation of religion is a byproduct of imperialism and not the other way around. It is on those in Galbeed and you lot in Somalia to liberate them.
What's going on cat got your tongue. What level of english were they teaching you at school? The only way for muslims to preserve their religion is by seceding? What if they can't? Then they can't preserve their religion.

Stop the dishonesty and own up to it. I've read your post and i'm well aware of your views on ethnic federalism and how you wish for it's dismantlement. We were not born yesterday. You know full well that somalis seceding any time soon is not visible meaning according to you galbeed can't preserve their religion so what use would you telling us to free our self if you wanna preserve your religion if it isn't possible? Translation you either don't preserve your religion or you don't preserve your religion.

It's funny how when I list extremist groups, you interpret that as a slight against common Muslim folk. Islam does not keep me up at night. Khawarij and extremists who want to cleanse my people do. Maybe that is your personal intention and interpretation of your religion.

Huh so now you paint me with the same brush i see, quite the khawarij behaviour. We all know that you harbour clear destine for sharia tell me what muslim in this world would tell you they would rather not have sharia if they were ever giving the chance. Oh wait they're all fundamentalist right? Stop sugar coating your words and say it properly. A good muslim is one ruled by a non muslim or by a non muslim law.

I couldn't care less about Islamic schools and mosques in Amhara and Tegaru land since there are practicing Muslims in both ethnic groups. I would have no problems with Muslims settling in those regions either since Ethiopia is secular. As long as those settlers do not install Shariah there is no problem.
Easy to say there is a reason why we say words are cheap. Muslims are already facing problems in the amhara region by amhara orthodox christians. I dear you no i triple dare you to get me one single orthodox amhara that would agree with you. That's not possible and we all know that yet you still say that. Whispers sweet words of nothings to comfort the clueless.

Expansion of Ethiopia is history. Deal with it. You lot love to sing praises of Ahmed Gurey but play the victim whenever the opposite is brought up.
Oh yeah right my bad sorry i didn't think that you were historically illiterate. May i remind you of amda seyon and what he did to muslims 200 years before ahmad guray.

And no, Eritrea and Ethiopia will never unify. Eritrea is a secular country for both Christians and Muslims. Fundamentalists on both sides are rightfully crushed and suppressed. That's why there is no Shariah nor Christian theocracy. That is the ideal. Not the dystopia that Shariah is.
Umm yes. Get me one muslim that would applaud you for saying that but then again these that wouldn't agree with you would be fundamentalist wouldn't they?

Last edited:

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
the OP shouldn't worry. Sooner or later somalia will take over the east. All of y'all will be muslims. WALA! problem solved :diddyass:
Golden Girls Dancing GIF by TV Land
Even greater somaliweyn will be achieved.
I will start with those slaves to our south who practise the protestant faith of their British overlords. :banderas:

If you're protestant just call yourself atheist..

If Ethiopian Muslims become the majority in the country and try to implement Sharia the country will simply dissolve. There is 0 chance of the Amhara or Tigrayans or any of the traditionally Christian communities rolling over and accepting Muslim rule over the country and Ethiopia is already teetering on the verge of collapse.
Thatโ€™s a plus.

Trending