Russia-Ukraine War

It's not the same.

The Russians wouldn't hold back against any NATO force and their population in the event of war; the Russians intend on absorbing the 'little Russians' (Ukrainians) so they can't (as the Americans did to the Iraqis) subject them to 30 days of intense and sustained bombardment before sending in ground troops.

This performance is not representative of their power, however, it has revealed a callous disregard for the lives of their young conscripts; conscripts weren't even told of the war until they were in the thick of it.

Below is a map of what Russia has taken in just a week -- in a large Nation that has been trained, supported, armed and supplied for almost a decade by the West.

Once those 'cauldrons' link up, it will all be over:

View attachment 216613

The West attacked an isolated, heavily embargoed Nation (Iraq) so there is no comparing the two.
Now you finally getting it, good analysis man.

The loses the Russians are taking is unsustainable. So far they lost hundreds of armoured vehicles. Just yesterday alone 7 Russians aircraft where destroyed.

Israel in 2006 war against hizbullah lost something like 40 tanks and Israel quit the whole war. Russia is much bigger but their losses cannot carry on like this for even 1 more week.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
oEuA9AW.jpg

Putin really messed up when he chose an altogether unsuitable, incompetent puppet to take charge of Ukraine -- setting the stage for these tragic events.

I'm against war and really wish that it didn't take place, however, it seems that Russia was pushed to this action; there was simply no way that Russia was ever going to accept the origin of its civilization (Kievan Rus) being under American auspices.

..Russia was never going to accept NATO (American) bases in Odessa, Sevastopol and other areas of Ukraine; people respond by pointing out that NATO is already on Russia's doorstep vis-a-vis Estonia and Latvia, however, the shared border there is much, much shorter and can be more easily defended in the event of hostilities...

I was mistaken in my naive belief that Russia should simply accept the assurances and Treaty derived guarantees from the Americans. The United States cancelled:

The INF Treaty

The Conventional Forces in Europe Treaty

The Open Sky Treaty...

..So there is no reason why Russia should accept any American guarantees in regard to Ukraine..

mrlog

VIP
Putin really messed up when he chose an altogether unsuitable, incompetent puppet to take charge of Ukraine -- setting the stage for these tragic events.

I'm against war and really wish that it didn't take place, however, it seems that Russia was pushed to this action; there was simply no way that Russia was ever going to accept the origin of its civilization (Kievan Rus) being under American auspices.

..Russia was never going to accept NATO (American) bases in Odessa, Sevastopol and other areas of Ukraine; people respond by pointing out that NATO is already on Russia's doorstep vis-a-vis Estonia and Latvia, however, the shared border there is much, much shorter and can be more easily defended in the event of hostilities...

I was mistaken in my naive belief that Russia should simply accept the assurances and Treaty derived guarantees from the Americans. The United States cancelled:

The INF Treaty

The Conventional Forces in Europe Treaty

The Open Sky Treaty...

..So there is no reason why Russia should accept any American guarantees in regard to Ukraine..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
@mrlog

Check out the video. It is a big brained analysis on Russia's long term geopolitical goals. The video was created in 2019 and explains why Russia behaves the way it does, i.e. its alliance with Venezuela, Syria, China etc and why it is so anti-Western.

Trending