Russia-Ukraine War

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Why do you keep saying that Greater Russia is USSR ideology?

Ukraine was incorporated into the Russian Empire in 1667. Wales and Scotland joined England in 1707, yet you keep yapping about “Russian supremacy”.

So you would prefer me to say “Russian imperialism”.

I mean if we want to make that blatant, then let’s not beat around the bush. But the USSR was much more imperial than Imperial Russia.

Furthermore, do you really want to compare how Ukrainians lived under the USSR to Scots in the UK. Comparing Ukraine to Scotland is ludicrous.

This general is saying it like it is. I hope you all listen to him.

There are two competing factions in the pentagon, China war hawks and Russia war hawks. Biden staffed mostly the latter in key positions in the pentagon while Trump was gearing up to confront China.

The name of the game is to sell weapons for the military industrial complex.

World

VIP
So you would prefer me to say “Russian imperialism”.

I mean if we want to make that blatant, then let’s not beat around the bush. But the USSR was much more imperial than Imperial Russia.

Furthermore, do you really want to compare how Ukrainians lived under the USSR to Scots in the UK. Comparing Ukraine to Scotland is ludicrous.
“A common assertion is that he is hellbent on resurrecting the Soviet Union. It is true that in 2005 Putin called the collapse of the Soviet empire ‘the greatest geopolitical catastrophe of the century’. But in fact it is the tsarist Russian Empire Putin is attempting to bring back from the dead. Peter the Great is his hero, much more than Stalin.

He made this quite clear in an interview with Lionel Barber, then editor of the Financial Times, in 2019. ‘A towering bronze statue of the visionary tsar looms over his ceremonial desk in the cabinet room,’ noted Barber. Peter the Great was Putin’s ‘favourite leader’. ‘He will live,’ declared the Russian President, ‘as long as his cause is alive.’”
www.spectator.co.uk/article/vlad-the-invader-putin-is-trying-to-recreate-the-tsarist-russian-empire/amp

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
“A common assertion is that he is hellbent on resurrecting the Soviet Union. It is true that in 2005 Putin called the collapse of the Soviet empire ‘the greatest geopolitical catastrophe of the century’. But in fact it is the tsarist Russian Empire Putin is attempting to bring back from the dead. Peter the Great is his hero, much more than Stalin.

He made this quite clear in an interview with Lionel Barber, then editor of the Financial Times, in 2019. ‘A towering bronze statue of the visionary tsar looms over his ceremonial desk in the cabinet room,’ noted Barber. Peter the Great was Putin’s ‘favourite leader’. ‘He will live,’ declared the Russian President, ‘as long as his cause is alive.’”
www.spectator.co.uk/article/vlad-the-invader-putin-is-trying-to-recreate-the-tsarist-russian-empire/amp

Damn @Omar del Sur is gonna lose his shit when Putin introduces “beard taxes”.

Plus the whole rehabilitation of Peter the Great as an Emperor was due to Stalinist PR.

Stalin modelled himself off Peter the Great. Many consider them extremely similar.

:dead:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Some amount of conventions about Ukraine is about racism and hypocrisy, all thanks to western media, they did a lot of damage to them. I’m starting to think that all these racist western politicians are helping Russia

Some amount of conventions about Ukraine is about racism and hypocrisy, all thanks to western media, they did a lot of damage to them. I’m starting to think that all these racist western politicians are helping Russia
Where do I get this kinda t-shirt

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Where do I get this kinda t-shirt
You can make a business out of this
Teeth Smile GIF by The Goat Agency

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
It's been 5 days now? It starting to get boring and people are not uploading combat footage as muchbas the start since more places are losing their Internet

cow

VIP
vey interesting take on Russia/China relationship by a Chinese government critic. According to him Putin and Xi Jinping are very good friends that spend birthdays together. Anyway it is a interesting analysis that explains why Putin went ahead with the invasion even though he knew the sanctions the west would impose on Russia.

Russia wins. Looks like most of the Western countries have given up on Ukraine by not sending any troops their, it's basically only Poland still standing up for Ukraine. Most of Africa, Middle East and Latin America don't really care about Ukraine.

Trending