Russia-Ukraine War

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Russia says it is only ending the war that Ukraine (according to Russia) started after the coupe d'etat (once again according to russia) at Euro-Maidan in 2014, attacking the Russophone eastern part of Ukraine (Donbass area).

Russia simply sees Ukraine as part of the russosphere and wont allow to have nato that close to russian borders. Russia sees it as a threeat and simply cant allow it. Putin has been really patient all these years, but eventually it had to burst and it did.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I urge my distant cousins in the borderlands between Ukraine, Poland and Belarus to stop fighting between themselves!!!!

Apollo

VIP
Russia says it is only ending the war that Ukraine (according to Russia) started after the coupe d'etat (once again according to russia) at Euro-Maidan in 2014, attacking the Russophone eastern part of Ukraine (Donbass area).

Russia simply sees Ukraine as part of the russosphere and wont allow to have nato that close to russian borders. Russia sees it as a threeat and simply cant allow it. Putin has been really patient all these years, but eventually it had to burst and it did.

Another overlooked reason:

- It is a threat to Russia to have an East Slavic country with a Western political system and living standards similar to Poland next to Russia (Poland is twice as rich per capita). It would make ethnic Russians think ''we could have been just like them if we adopt liberal democracy and align with the West''.

Basically Belarus and Ukraine are not allowed to become like Poland.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Another overlooked reason:

- It is a threat to Russia to have a country with a Western political system and living standards similar to Poland next to Russia (Poland is richer per capita). It would make ethnic Russians think ''we could have been just like them if we adopt liberal democracy and align with the West''.

Basically Belarus and Ukraine are not allowed to become like Poland.

Russia has no territorial aspiration towards Poland whatsoever. All the russophone areas of former Poland (eastern Poland) are now part of Belarus (primarily). Poland expanded westwards incorporating formerly German-majority areas (Schlesia, Danzig-area etc)...

Apollo

VIP
Russia has no territorial aspiration towards Poland whatsoever. All the russophone areas of former Poland (eastern Poland) are now part of Belarus (primarily). Poland expanded westwards incorporating formerly German-majority areas (Schlesia, Danzig-area etc)...

I know, but they view Poland not as their close brothers like they do with Belarus and Ukraine.

It is more threatening for Russia if Belarus and Ukraine became like Poland.

I think this NATO stuff is not the real threat. The real threat for Russia is to have a functioning East Slavic country next to it with a different system. It would give Russian opposition funny ideas to copy it.

cow

VIP
Many of the rightwing populist parties in Europe are neutral on Russia.

It would be funny if Muslims across Northern and Western Europe are forced to vote for rightwing populist parties as ''ain't nobody got time for World War III''.

neoliberalism unites those who in otherwise would be against each other

Apollo

VIP
Slavic nazis are walking paradoxes and abominations. Its just weird. Had they lived during the 1930's and 1940's, their German idols would have considered them inferior, untermensch.

The original Indo-Europeans came from Ukraine. Lol, if the Nazi regime survived to this day and saw the latest genetic studies they would not consider Slavs as untermenschen. They would be more racist towards the French, Iberians, and Italians.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I know, but they view Poland not as their close brothers like they do with Belarus and Ukraine.

It is more threatening for Russia if Belarus and Ukraine became like Poland.

I think this NATO stuff is not the real threat. The real threat for Russia is to have a functioning East Slavic country next to it with a different system. It would give Russian opposition funny ideas to copy it.

Yes, that is a correct assessment. Poland is catholic and Russians have always feared catholic expansion to the east.

They (austria-hungary) managed partially with (western) Ukraine where there are Catholics and so called Greek Catholics (they have orthodox rituals but recognize the bishop of rome (pope) as their leader).

Catholicism and Slavs are generally an abomination and incompatible.

The difference is that russians do this because they see ukrainians as their slavic brethren. That is why we dont see any massacres or crimes against humanity.

yes this is yet another reason why this whole thing seems a lot more humane to me than what the US has done.

I know people are mentioning Iraq. even the twitter post I linked brought up Iraq.

this is not like Iraq, though. Iraq wasn't a threat to the US.

reer

VIP
The original Indo-Europeans came from Ukraine. Lol, if the Nazi regime survived to this day and saw the latest genetic studies they would not consider Slavs as untermenschen. They would be more racist towards the French, Iberians, and Italians.
hitler being exposed as e1b1b would have been the biggest meltdown of 21st century. :russ:

Apollo

VIP
hitler being exposed as e1b1b would have been the biggest meltdown of 21st century. :russ:

I don't think the Nazis legitimately viewed Slavs as another race or subhuman. It was a political narrative only.

Germans wanted to expand, towards the West was too difficult, while in the East there were lesser developed groups. So they created the subhuman narrative to take their land. They basically viewed Eastern Europe and Russia as their New World / Manifest Destiny.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
This is the current head of parliament’s foreign affairs committee, ex leader of the 3rd largest party, so popular by personal votes, anti immigrants euro skeptic. This guy supported joining nato, saying that Finland should had joined already in 1991 and now is too difficult but still he support joining. He is with helping Ukraine militarily , thou the Gov and president are helping Ukraine politically and militarily. He is anti non interventionism

@Molotoff @Apollo the guy above is a Slavic linguistic :childplease:

Now compare that with the actions of the Somali government led by President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmaajo. And you can think that President Farmaajo'd government has done far better than the other African governments. 👇👇

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
This is the current head of parliament’s foreign affairs committee, ex leader of the 3rd largest party, so popular by personal votes, anti immigrants euro skeptic. This guy supported joining nato, saying that Finland should had joined already in 1991 and now is too difficult but still he support joining. He is with helping Ukraine militarily , thou the Gov and president are helping Ukraine politically and militarily. He is anti non interventionism

@Molotoff @Apollo the guy above is a Slavic linguistic :childplease:

Funny how a fellow Mongol is using the word horde as a dogwhistle.

Golden-Horde.jpg

Golden Horde, the most based name in history. :lol:

Trending

Latest posts