Russia-Ukraine War

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
In a Might Is Right multi-polar wet dream of some SSpotters, the langaab Somalis will be fish food, not that they aren't already for third rate countries like our Gaajo African neighbours tacitly supported by the hypocritical West. One can't expect better of an ethnic group that is still at the Mad Max tribal phase of social 'evolution' with no unifying nation state consciousness.

Well, at least we're not semi worshipping our medieval and early modern Rulers who pet our heads for being martyred abroad:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm taken back to a funny quote of a Somali from the 1800s or so. Some Briton asked him which peoples he held in the highest regard on Earth. If I recall he said that number 1 was Somalis and the British who in his eyes were equals (rofl, the pride!) and number 2 were the Arabs with number 3 being the Turks. When asked why then the British seemed more powerful than the Somalis and had their lands under a protectorate agreement he said something like "They have more rupees".

:pachah1:

That is really the crux of it, niyahow. Gulfers got their huge injection of initial wealth via oil, cadaans discovered the Americas and we... no such luck. But our people are foolish. They walk with the pride and arrogance of a Khaleeji "I won't do menial work!" the geeljire will say without the petrodollars to justify such prissiness.

Election 2020 Reaction GIF by Joe Biden

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
this is not about villain stop with your liberal matag. we are talking about interests. and russias interests is no more nato expansions. americas interest is nato expansion and lock russia in. so russia invaded ukraine. if you want to talk about good or bad go fawn on twitter over blonde people posing with guns.

@TekNiKo @Kool-Aid @Apollo st petersburg is russias 2nd largest city. and its a few hours from nato countries. also look at moscow ukraine border distance. if ukraine joins nato russia could be checkmated and boxed in europe.
View attachment 216280

You think the US really want to join self-defence agreements with small European nations that can’t even afford their own military expenditure??

It has a lesser need for countries like Ukraine in their orbit than Russia. Therefore, logic would dictate that Russia would give these nations a better deal but they still chose the US.

The issue is that the US isn’t the only nation that calls the shots in NATO and a lot of these small nations don’t want to be Russian prey.

Well, at least we're not semi worshipping our medieval and early modern Rulers who pet our heads for being martyred abroad:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm taken back to a funny quote of a Somali from the 1800s or so. Some Briton asked him which peoples he held in the highest regard on Earth. If I recall he said that number 1 was Somalis and the British who in his eyes were equals (rofl, the pride!) and number 2 were the Arabs with number 3 being the Turks. When asked why then the British seemed more powerful than the Somalis and had their lands under a protectorate agreement he said something like "They have more rupees".

:pachah1:

That is really the crux of it, niyahow. Gulfers got their huge injection of initial wealth via oil, cadaans discovered the Americas and we... no such luck. But our people are foolish. They walk with the pride an arrogance of a Khaleeji "I won't do menial work!" the geeljire will say without the petrodollars to justify such prissiness.

Election 2020 Reaction GIF by Joe Biden
Stop being nostalgic about the Good Ol' Days when the Maxa Tidhi population was nomadic. That pride is mainly restricted to our Geeljires today.

Those Ayrab rulers and their Dinars own our so called political elite. Mfkers competing for presidency back home all have a Khaleeji Sugar Daddy that they offer Tiiz too in exchange for being crowned King of the Beggars.

Lacaag talks, Gaajo walks!

reer

VIP
You think the US really want to join self-defence agreements with small European nations that can’t even afford their own military expenditure??
all 3 baltic states are nato members. nato is a few hours away from st petersburg. if ukraine joined nato russia is completely boxed in. from land from europe from blatic states and ukraine and poland-belarus border. and from the caucasus they reach iran (too strong) and turkey (nato). russia is nearly surrounded. eastern europe is russias backyard. western europe is eu backyard. americas are usa backyard. nato are stepping on their toes.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Stop being nostalgic about the Good Ol' Days when the Maxa Tidhi population was nomadic. That pride is mainly restricted to our Geeljires today.

Those Ayrab rulers and their Dinars own our so called political elite. Mfkers competing for presidency back home all have a Khaleeji Sugar Daddy that they offer Tiiz too in exchange for being crowned King of the Beggars.

Lacaag talks, Gaajo walks!

Walaal, I feel like you like to diminish pre-modern Somali society. Look, no one is denying like 60-80% or more of any region of Somaliweyn in the past was pastoral nomadic. Of course it was. Have you seen Somaliweyn? Nothing else you can do but be pastoral nomads on most of that land. But acting like ALL Somalis were pastoral nomads and that's all there was to the culture is retarded. It would be no more ridiculous than acting like Peninsular Arab culture was 100% pastoral nomadic prior to the late 20th century. Yes, pastoral nomads made up like 60-80% or more of Arabia before its very recent modernization because:

DGGNzHD.jpg

But Arabs always had some agro-pastoralists and settled farmers where it was viable like at oases or in some rare continually fertile areas like Yemen. Then coastal towns and villages where people thrived on trade, fishing, sailing and so on with obviously some non-nomadic groups focused on a certain craft like blacksmithing or tanning and so on.

Once you go down to the other side of the Gulf of Aden you see much of the same picture. Somali culture is hardly any different. Somali subtribes have historically taken on agro-pastoralism and settled farming where it was possible and we have numerous examples of this and of course there have always been coastal settlers who subsist on trade, fishing, sailing and whatnot. Honestly, it's rather remarkable how similar, at its base, the culture is to that in Arabia.

But yeah, I get tired of types like you. I even grew up seeing them in regards to Arabs here in the Gulf. Always trying to minimize and put down Khaleejis and other Jazeerans by honing on the dominant nomadic aspect of their culture and acting like it somehow makes them fundamentally inferior or "dumb" when what on Earth else are they supposed to do on such arid land? It's especially annoying to see someone like yourself who is actually supposedly Somali pulling this.

All that aside, how does anything you even said address anything I said? My point is that Somalis didn't get any injection of copious amounts of wealth unlike Khaleejis. That is literally the ONLY reason they are "ahead" of us. Betting on the UK and US and Oil money. You're living in la la land if you think otherwise. These distant cousins of ours didn't even build their own countries. Most of the workforce (upper and lower) that did are cadaan, hindi, indhoyar and other Arabs.

Walaal, I feel like you like to diminish pre-modern Somali society. Look, no one is denying like 60-80% or more of any region of Somaliweyn in the past was pastoral nomadic. Of course it was. Have you seen Somaliweyn? Nothing else you can do but be pastoral nomads on most of that land. But acting like ALL Somalis were pastoral nomads and that's all there was to the culture is retarded. It would be no more ridiculous than acting like Peninsular Arab culture was 100% pastoral nomadic prior to the late 20th century. Yes, pastoral nomads made up like 60-80% or more of Arabia before its very recent modernization because:

DGGNzHD.jpg

But Arabs always had some agro-pastoralists and settled farmers where it was viable like at oases or in some rare continually fertile areas like Yemen. Then coastal towns and villages where people thrived on trade, fishing, sailing and so on with obviously some non-nomadic groups focused on a certain craft like blacksmithing or tanning and so on.

Once you go down to the other side of the Gulf of Aden you see much of the same picture. Somali culture is hardly any different. Somali subtribes have historically taken on agro-pastoralism and settled farming where it was possible and we have numerous examples of this and of course there have always been coastal settlers who subsist on trade, fishing, sailing and whatnot. Honestly, it's rather remarkable how similar, at its base, the culture is to that in Arabia.

But yeah, I get tired of types like you. I even grew up seeing them in regards to Arabs here in the Gulf. Always trying to minimize and put down Khaleejis and other Jazeerans by honing on the dominant nomadic aspect of their culture and acting like it somehow makes them fundamentally inferior or "dumb" when what on Earth else are they supposed to do on such arid land? It's especially annoying to see someone like yourself who is actually supposedly Somali pulling this.

All that aside, how does anything you even said address anything I said? My point is that Somalis didn't get any injection of copious amounts of wealth unlike Khaleejis. That is literally the ONLY reason they are "ahead" of us. Betting on the UK and US and Oil money. You're living in la la land if you think otherwise. These distant cousins of ours didn't even build their own countries. Most of the workforce (upper and lower) that did are cadaan, hindi, indhoyar and other Arabs.
:draketf::camby:

I ain't diminishing shit. As a matter of fact, I prefer our pre-colonial Geeljire society and was actually lamenting the loss of dignity that has come with urbanisation and the begging circus that is our comatose nation state.

I do not care for the Khaleeji wealth etc. and why they are in a better state than us, it is Allah's decree and Masha Allah to them.

All I did was point out that nostalgia will not change facts on the ground dude, chill out!

:draketf::camby:

I ain't diminishing shit. As a matter of fact, I prefer our pre-colonial Geeljire society and was actually lamenting the loss of dignity that has come with urbanisation and the begging circus that is our comatose nation state.

I do not care for the Khaleeji wealth etc. and why they are in a better state than us, it is Allah's decree and Masha Allah to them.

All I did was point out that nostalgia will not change facts on the ground dude, chill out!
Say Maaryoole Society My Ancestors Were Not Geeljires

:lolbron::drakelaugh::damedamn:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
More nuclear drills as Russia prepares to defend itself from any threat

Trending