Romeo and Juliet Casting

rayxn3

🧚‍♀️
I believe since this a western play they should use there own people and we East African should stay out of it. There's enough fetishization about our people. And yes Zendaya would have made a better candidate over babatunde
Yeah I don’t want Somalis anywhere near Hollywood after barkhad. No need to call her babatunde 💀

Hollywood doesnt even cast christian eithopian.
Their has too be some kind of hidden agreement between yahuudi and black americans.

They get all the roles related to black.

Don't ride for white people like this, there is a big difference between a historical figure and a fictional character. This argument would make sense if it was about Ann Boleyn, Cleopatra, or Hannibal.
White people would never defend Somalis like this, have you ever heard of Black Hawk Down?
We have a lot of dumb posters here who think siding with white supremacists makes them look edgy when really they’re just begs. Shakespeare is fictional and in the theatre world you have a long history of POC playing Shakespearean characters and in movies you have Denzel Washington in ‘Much ado about nothing’ in the 90s with little backlash which you’ve mentioned. That’s a good point.

Somalis on this forum can choose to not see themselves as SSA, and I too see Somalis as a stand alone group, but that doesn’t mean they should delude themselves into thinking that the people they’re siding with don’t seem them as black as the girl they’re piling on.

Daydreamer

teetering in-between realities
We have a lot of dumb posters here who think siding with white supremacists makes them look edgy when really they’re just begs. Shakespeare is fictional and in the theatre world you have a long history of POC playing Shakespearean characters and in movies you have Denzel Washington in ‘Much ado about nothing’ in the 90s with little backlash which you’ve mentioned. That’s a good point.

Somalis on this forum can choose to not see themselves as SSA, and I too see Somalis as a stand alone group, but that doesn’t mean they should delude themselves into thinking that the people they’re siding with don’t seem them as black as the girl they’re piling on.
yeah i get you but seeing the current climate surrounding black actors playing traditionally white characters, this is going to create abnormal backlash. the actor playing this is getting to a mess. not saying the haters are justified but it's not very smart of her to play juliet im pretty sure she was casted to create controversy

yeah i get you but seeing the current climate surrounding black actors playing traditionally white characters, this is going to create abnormal backlash.
No, it’s because racism and alt-right talking points have increased and Elon Musk now allows racists to voice everything no filter o. twitter. That is what’s stroking the flames. That doesn’t mean we should be accepting of this disgusting shift we’re witnessing and it’s sad that some Somalis think siding with this is smart. The ones who have issues with this, are also the type to hate you for being dark and Muslim. Sane and decent people aren’t going lose their marbles of a fictional character being played by a black person when in theatre productions that’s normal for Shakespeare plays.
the actor playing this is getting to a mess. not saying the haters are justified but it's not very smart of her to play juliet im pretty sure she was casted to create controversy
No, I hope more and more black people start taking any role they want. They shoudn’t cower to racists. Shakespeare is fiction. When Anne Boleyn was being played by a black person, I was vehemently against it, but Juliet is a fictional woman created by Shakespeare in a fictional world.

reer

VIP
No, I hope more and more black people start taking any role they want. They shoudn’t cower to racists. Shakespeare is fiction. When Anne Boleyn was being played by a black person, I was vehemently against it, but Juliet is a fictional woman created by Shakespeare in a fictional world.
they bring these madow actors almost as if it is for sabotage and controversy.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
they bring these madow actors almost as if it is for sabotage and controversy.

lol I remember I once made a thread about little mermaid (Danish folklore) being casted by a black women. I believed their intentions were to bring controversies and reactions because that what sells these days.

However, @Angelina did made a point regarding Ariel being a folklore and non human.

It really doesn’t matter what race Ariel is because she’s a half human and fish. She really isn’t human to begin with and she’s right but it’s still weird the patterns is usually a person from minority decent casting a European folklore character.

I support minorities casting
their own folklores. This is what I preferred anyways.

I don’t think as a society we’re ready to
see people from a different descent casting other people’s traditions.

lol I remember I once made a thread about little mermaid (Danish folklore) being casted by a black women. I believed their intentions were to bring controversies and reactions because that what sells these days.

However, @Angelina did made a point regarding Ariel being a folklore and non human.

It really doesn’t matter what race Ariel is because she’s a half human and fish. She really isn’t human to begin with and she’s right but it’s still weird the patterns is usually a person from minority decent casting a European folklore character.

I support minorities casting
their own folklores. This is what preferred anyways.

I don’t think as a society we’re ready to
see people from a different descent casting others people’s traditions.
We are ready since it’s already happened in the early 90s with little issues. it’s just that racism has increased especially now that alt-right talking points have increased and Elon Musk now allows those types to say whatever on twitter.

You have Denzel Washington playing a Shakespeare character in the early 90s, before most of us were born, you have Brandi playing Cinderella in the mid 90s.

Also, look at Bridgerton. It’s set in the Renaissance period and you have black dukes and Indian girls playing daughters of Earls and whilst it did cause a slight controversy, it’s a smash hit with millions of woman across the globe loving this romance show. Production companies can’t give into the minority of disgruntled racists who were probably not even the target audience to begin with.

Why should we accept society going backwards because racists want to have a fit? It’s 2024 for goodness sake and it’s embarrassing if people were more accepting in the 90s when it comes to film and theatre. Also another reason why it’s a huge controversy is because we have a lot of mindless individuals even madow ones and Somalis
Who will side with white supremacists to come across as cool and edgy. It’s embarrassing.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
We are ready since it’s already happened in the early 90s with little issues. it’s just that racism has increased especially now that alt-right talking points have increased and Elon Musk now allows those types to say whatever on twitter.

You have Denzel Washington playing a Shakespeare character in the early 90s, before most of us were born, you have Brandi playing Cinderella in the mid 90s.

Also, look at Bridgerton. It’s set in the Renaissance period and you have black dukes and Indian girls playing daughters of Earls and whilst it did cause a slight controversy, it’s a smash hit with millions of woman across the globe loving this romance show. Production companies can’t give into the minority of disgruntled racists who were probably not even the target audience to begin with.

Why should we accept society going backwards because racists want to have a fit? It’s 2024 for goodness sake and it’s embarrassing if people were more accepting in the 90s when it comes to film and theatre. Also another reason why it’s a huge controversy is because we have a lot of mindless individuals even madow ones and Somalis
Who will side with white supremacists to come across as cool and edgy. It’s embarrassing.

Because we’re living in the age of digital information via internet.

It’s easier to see people’s opinions and comments way more we did back in the 90’s.

If the internet was way more common (even though it was just not as much it is currently) you’d see peoples opinions and comments more regarding this.

Also another reason: Alt rights and far rights talking points only exist on the internet.

if you go outside no one really gives a damn about this. Because it’s not a big deal. People that have no social life gets offended easily with anything.

Alt right’s favourite space are the internets: they wouldn’t have the balls to say racist comments in person because they know their jobs would be in jeopardy.

This is their nest and you’re hearing what we’re all hearing. :icon lol:

I think they’re just too lazy to find Ethiopian actors.
Eithopian arent as shield guarded as us and dress like their counter gaalos. Its by choice they dont select them. Its as tho the yahuud are deliberatly not involving them to protect em is my guess, allah knows..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

rayxn3

🧚‍♀️
Eithopian arent as shield guarded as us and dress like their counter gaalos. Its by choice they dont select them. Its as tho the yahuud are deliberatly not involving them to protect em is my guess, allah knows..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Protect them from what?

I do think you’re right about them not casting horn Africans on purpose.

Protect them from what?

I do think you’re right about them not casting horn Africans on purpose.
We are only portrayed as the enemy of america in hollywood blockbusters. Blackhawkdown captain Phillips that other terrorist movie being bad guys for the good guys.

The eithopians have never been painted as enemies of the west.
Prot-ected:mjpls: