Rising exmuslims in community

Saxib these ex-muslim testimonials have improved my Iman greatly. To see people go out of their way and lie and devote so much time on something they no longer believe in shows that deep down they know they are in the wrong.

If they believed otherwise then why the obsession? Because ex-members from other religions don't do this.
Your religion should be based upon your own convictions not a reaction to someone else’s actions

bobsburger

I am NOT a federal agent
Saxib these ex-muslim testimonials have improved my Iman greatly. To see people go out of their way and lie and devote so much time on something they no longer believe in shows that deep down they know they are in the wrong.

If they believed otherwise then why the obsession? Because ex-members from other religions don't do this.
They have not one logical argument against Islam they just say stuff like "If god real then why bad things?" or "I don't like islamic law because the west hates it" They are all emotional arguments coming from the "logical" atheists. a creation having no creator? this is -90 iq.

Mozart

You need people like me
Nothing wrong with being an ex-Muslim but most Somali ones are soooo predictable. They have shitty experiences with parents who use crazy cultural practices and they are unable to separate religion and whatever their parents put them through. It’s easier to blame religion rather than your parents.

Most aren’t at peace with their decision either since they consistently speak on an ideology they don’t agree with, with it even becoming part of their identity for many.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
@Username

Do you want to debate of this ya murtad?

You people yourselves have no morals.

Islam keeps society balanced and foreign interferences has caused the downfall of many countries like Afghanistan for e.g.

Invader

It’s to be expected when a majority are raised in secular countries. Kudos to the ones in muslim majority countries that still find their way out.
Being ex-Muslim is not a personality trait:gucciwhat:

What ones?
Muslim Beliefs About Sharia | Pew Research Center

Keep in mind most of these are majority Muslim countries:camby:

Somalis are 99% Muslim and we're proud of that. Islam is what hold our culture together.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
They avoid challenging actual islamic scholars and most of their criticism is either fictional or tied to cultural trauma. But they keep trying to paint this narrative of observant Muslims being uneducated. When in actuality the cause of this is through in depth learning and comprehension of the deen.
absolutely but at the same time these kinds of people are rather quick to point fingers at muslim who don't know much about the faith witch is what they call "uneducated muslims " witch shows u how much they look down on us while not releasing that the very people that they support are the ones who play an active role in maintaining the poverty and corruption in muslim nations at the same time the muslims (ex or similar )if u could even call that who value their pockets above their responsbilities to both office and people allow these people to activly maintain the misery that they love to moan about.

Invader

Well I don't like life in general, so the idea that I was created (something I dislike) only for the purpose of suffering and being judged and to be threatened with being burned and tortured in the afterlife, I can't help but dislike Islam.

There isn't any escape from any of this either, if you kill yourself, you will be burned and tortured in the afterlife. It's a sad existence for someone like me.

My issue isn't necessarily that I don't believe in Islam, it's more that I don't like it. Even if I could literally see Allah, i'd still have a hard time following something I dislike, and I don't want to pretend (though I kinda have to anyway).

Plus the genuine complaints people usually have about Islam I agree with (no this does not make me a sheep), such as the whole Aisha thing, how severe and barbaric punishments can be (like cutting off hands for stealing) etc.

I also think Islam holds back a society from advancing as you are still following laws from how many centuries ago whereas other societies are more flexible and can improve with time.

There's probably more things but i'll leave it at that.
Aisha? Do you really want to debate over these matters :camby:

Islam never held back nothing keep in mind Muslims helped introduce new parts of Mathematics.

Before the siege of Baghdad by pagan Mongolians. Baghdad was a thriving city.

Also the punishments helps sharpen society.

Would you let a rapist live if he raped and killed a person for his own lust?

Humanity has a narcissistic nature and we need to curb it.

You show what most Islamophobes say may Allah help you.

Invader

@Username Why reject someone who created you?

That is the discussion. If someone created you and wants you to validate it by you giving worship to him but reject him is it not offensive?

It's like a homeless man being given food but not being grateful for it.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Well I don't like life in general, so the idea that I was created (something I dislike) only for the purpose of suffering and being judged and to be threatened with being burned and tortured in the afterlife, I can't help but dislike Islam.

There isn't any escape from any of this either, if you kill yourself, you will be burned and tortured in the afterlife. It's a sad existence for someone like me.

My issue isn't necessarily that I don't believe in Islam, it's more that I don't like it. Even if I could literally see Allah, i'd still have a hard time following something I dislike, and I don't want to pretend (though I kinda have to anyway).

Plus the genuine complaints people usually have about Islam I agree with (no this does not make me a sheep), such as the whole Aisha thing, how severe and barbaric punishments can be (like cutting off hands for stealing) etc.

I also think Islam holds back a society from advancing as you are still following laws from how many centuries ago whereas other societies are more flexible and can improve with time.

There's probably more things but i'll leave it at that.
You know what we won't do? Put a modern mindset on a marriage that happened in the 7th century. Come on.
As for the "barbaric" actions, how come you don't compain about dear old America whose people kill everyone and anyone ruthlessly with only 5 years of punishement.
How come muslim countries have low crime rates?

I hope you (if you ARE somali) realize that Islam is actually breaking barriers amongst this world. The people ie America have gone crazy and Islam shocks/ threatens everyone by how it can turn their greedy lifestyle.

Without Islam, people wouldn't have been drastically poor. You have Zakat. The banks wouldn't be able to suck off of innocent people. Interest is forbidden in Islam. Without Islam you would have a high percentage of Alcoholics and drunk beatings.

Does Islam beat their wives? I mean see for yourself and stop browsing on r/exmuslim.

Do you really think any Muslim woman would stay in a religion that beats her? No seriously.
The prophet cried for women to be treated equally.

As for you not believing in God, this is your choice. I believe because of the day of Judgment predictions are way too accurate to be some guess.

The difference between an Atheist and a Muslim is that when in doubt, I have someone to turn to and cry on. When you are in fear, however, your science book leaves no comfort.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
How is this helping ?
who said we are? being apart islam requires one to accept the word of Allah for the truth and live by the freedoms rights and limitation that comes with it. In order to do that one must have the right mindset and as muslims it our responsiblity to call them out whenever they are taking the piss and correct them

Trending