Rising exmuslims in community

I see this as a good thing and it's inevitable, the more education, the less religious people become.

Unfortunately it's only Western Somalis that experience this, but thankfully I already live in the West so Somalia can stay Islamic and be a shithole forever for all I care. I have already accepted that.

I also find it funny that Muslims talk about morals even though literally everyone else sees them as backwards.

So you left islam because of "everyone else"
sees them as backwards ?

You base your decisions on what other people think, thats what im gathering here.

Imagine making a major decision on your life based on other peoples perception of
you.

ex-muslims think they are so smart but they are full of insecurities.

I also find it funny that Muslims talk about morals even though literally everyone else sees them as backwards.

This says otherwise

What about it? Muslims are very arrogant and look down on non Muslims talking about them having low or no morals but yet everyone else sees you as backwards with the way you treat women, the violence over small things etc.

I'm not saying this is why I left Islam, I just find it funny.

What about it? Muslims are very arrogant and look down on non Muslims talking about them having low or no morals but yet everyone else sees you as backwards with the way you treat women, the violence over small things etc.

I'm not saying this is why I left Islam, I just find it funny.
This is an extremely emotional response
And you don’t sound like your Somali or were ever Muslim

This is an extremely emotional response
And you don’t sound like your Somali or were ever Muslim

So you accuse me of following the crowd but also say I don't sound like a typical Somali lol.

I don't know if I ever was Muslim, I technically did follow it when I was younger but that was because that was all I ever knew and how I was raised, the more I found out, the more I started to dislike it though.

So you accuse me of following the crowd but also say I don't sound like a typical Somali lol.

I don't know if I ever was Muslim, I technically did follow it when I was younger but that was because that was all I ever knew and how I was raised, the more I found out, the more I started to dislike it though.
I didn’t accuse you of anything
You said it yourself
Did you learn about it before you ‘left’ Islam
Did you dislike it because of family and society and how they used it ?

Last edited:
I didn’t accuse you of anything
You said it yourself
Did you learn about it before you ‘left’ Islam
Did you dislike it because of family and society and how they used it ?

Well I don't like life in general, so the idea that I was created (something I dislike) only for the purpose of suffering and being judged and to be threatened with being burned and tortured in the afterlife, I can't help but dislike Islam.

There isn't any escape from any of this either, if you kill yourself, you will be burned and tortured in the afterlife. It's a sad existence for someone like me.

My issue isn't necessarily that I don't believe in Islam, it's more that I don't like it. Even if I could literally see Allah, i'd still have a hard time following something I dislike, and I don't want to pretend (though I kinda have to anyway).

Plus the genuine complaints people usually have about Islam I agree with (no this does not make me a sheep), such as the whole Aisha thing, how severe and barbaric punishments can be (like cutting off hands for stealing) etc.

I also think Islam holds back a society from advancing as you are still following laws from how many centuries ago whereas other societies are more flexible and can improve with time.

There's probably more things but i'll leave it at that.

Educated kulaha! So you mean to tell me that Somalis who were amongst the first to accept Islam and have remained muslim for over 1400 years don't understand their own religion.

All the reverts I know converted because they as educated individuals didn't see their secular lifestyles as rationals.

Well I don't like life in general, so the idea that I was created (something I dislike) only for the purpose of suffering and being judged and to be threatened with being burned and tortured in the afterlife, I can't help but dislike Islam.

There isn't any escape from any of this either, if you kill yourself, you will be burned and tortured in the afterlife. It's a sad existence for someone like me.

My issue isn't necessarily that I don't believe in Islam, it's more that I don't like it. Even if I could literally see Allah, i'd still have a hard time following something I dislike, and I don't want to pretend (though I kinda have to anyway).

Plus the genuine complaints people usually have about Islam I agree with (no this does not make me a sheep), such as the whole Aisha thing, how severe and barbaric punishments can be (like cutting off hands for stealing) etc.

I also think Islam holds back a society from advancing as you are still following laws from how many centuries ago whereas other societies are more flexible and can improve with time.

I used to question some of the things you mentioned about islam, and I didn't like those harsh punishments and the whole idea of why we have to suffer. But if you look at life logically everything makes sense, because even in this dunya you cannot achieve anything without hard work and if you do something illegal you will get punishment of course not as severe as going to hell but still. Anyway allah has guided me to not end up as kafir, this doesn't mean I'm a perfect muslim but I try my best to be one. I'll make dua for you and people in your situation.

Last edited:

May Allah show you happiness
May whatever grievance and trauma you hold
be uplifted from you
Whenever your in your darkest hour
May Allah guide you and show you the light and cover you with his mercy
The prophet (saw) said
Let not any one of you wish for death because of some harm that has befallen him
If he must wish for something let him say
Oh Allah keep me alive as long as life is good for me and let me die when death is good for me
Narrated by al bukhari (al-fath)

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Educated kulaha! So you mean to tell me that Somalis who were amongst the first to accept Islam and have remained muslim for over 1400 years don't understand their own religion.

All the reverts I know converted because they as educated individuals didn't see their secular lifestyles as rationals.
naah they watched atheist youtubers and read some richards dawkins works and darwins theory of evolution these people aren't educated but rather misguided in their understandmeant in both faith and science

naah they watched atheist youtubers and read some richards dawkins works and darwins theory of evolution these people aren't educated but rather misguided in their understandmeant in both faith and science

They avoid challenging actual islamic scholars and most of their criticism is either fictional or tied to cultural trauma. But they keep trying to paint this narrative of observant Muslims being uneducated. When in actuality the cause of this is through in depth learning and comprehension of the deen.

bobsburger

I am NOT a federal agent

This says otherwise
who cares what others think we will not conform 21st century ideas and morals. our morals will never change. Stop trying to act like 21st century western humanism is the best way of life. They call us backwards but in reality it is them. You are a creation? How can you not have a creator? Think!

They avoid challenging actual islamic scholars and most of their criticism is either fictional or tied to cultural trauma. But they keep trying to paint this narrative of observant Muslims being uneducated. When in actuality the cause of this is through in depth learning and comprehension of the deen.
who cares what others think we will not conform 21st century ideas and morals. our morals will never change. Stop trying to act like 21st century western humanism is the best way of life. They call us backwards but in reality it is them. You are a creation? How can you not have a creator? Think!
How is this helping ?

bobsburger

I am NOT a federal agent

People left with their desires and demons unchecked is hell on earth. You need to have a strict and hardline punishments for crimes to prevent reoffending and crime rates. The united states has so much crime because all they do is put you in jail and you become much worse. Look at countries like Saudi that have sharia in criminal law their crime rate is very low because they know the government is not playing around. If you don't put people in line they will become worse than animals.

Saxib these ex-muslim testimonials have improved my Iman greatly. To see people go out of their way and lie and devote so much time on something they no longer believe in shows that deep down they know they are in the wrong.

If they believed otherwise then why the obsession? Because ex-members from other religions don't do this.

Trending

Latest posts