Revert brother wants to start a matchmaking business between Somali females and reverts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?466958-Somali-Marriage-process-how-does-it-work
Assalaamu Alaykum,

A revert brother I know mentioned that a few times Somali sisters keep asking him questions in his place of business, often with their mothers or aunts in attendance and a Somali brother with us said it's because they are 'interested' then laughed and wouldn't explain further and I realized I know next to nothing about how the whole showing an interest, courtship, marriage process goes on with Somalis and people here in the past mentioned it was different, or difficult.

As I am often asked to advise new Muslims, this is just something I'm going to have to ask about and over time and learn't about the whole embarrassing, telling people you are 'looking' thing with Asians and to some extent Arabs, then people going away, asking their friends and acquaintances, before coming back and asking you about individuals and whether you are interested, then the sit downs as you discuss marriage with her and her wali, or single sit down and quick glace as she brings in the tea for pashtoons, before the marriage is done.

But Somalis despite the fact I pray and sometimes attend classes in Somali masaajid here in my city are almost a complete mystery to me. Which is weird as most revert weddings I get invited to are usually to Somali sisters and it's just a whole let less embarrassing asking these questions here online than with people I actually know in real life.

So how do Somalis go about letting people know they are wanting to look to get married?
How do they show interest in someone?
What is the process of approaching the wali like?
What are the cultural traditions and practices?
And how does it differ to the way Asians / Arabs do things?

OK that makes things slightly clearer... so if I get a revert brother interested in marrying a somali sister her family may be super strict, and he'll have to approach the wali or else stay clear (as it should be) and in other families

Another revert brother speaks on how much the Somali community follow the Sunnah the most and how open they are

Very good thread and very relevant.

As a revert myself the challenge to get married is immense. The somali community has been by far the nicest to me out of the big 3(Arab,pakistani,somali) and from what little opportunity I've had to observe somali muslimahs(respectfully of course) they are the most modest and closest to the sunnah, which to me is the biggest deciding factor as I find all races beautiful and I don't really care about money or lineage.

now knowing that somali are more relaxed about the marriage process and don't have sky high mahr(a pound of gold+120,000 cash was the last mahr I've was told by an arab father,like seriously?)
plus they don't have weird shirky hindu beliefs like some pakistanis,although some of the older pakistani men I've met are an inspiration for their dedication to the sunnah with their dyed beards.

I've started attending a mostly somali masjid due to the problems at the arab one. What huge difference in atmosphere and people!
I believe that

That forum is filled with halmos who thirst for reverts and will go out of their way to sell them on the value of a Somali wife. Most of the reverts on there have Somali wives. While if a revert brother complains about the racism from Arab and desis communities and inquiries marrying in, the sisters from those communities quickly put him in his place and explicitly say they would never marry a revert or even a born Muslim from a different community and say it is their preference. This of course causes an uproar among the reverts and accusations of racism start flying while these sisters don't care. The Somali community is the only community on that site that is the golden standard while the Arab and desi communities suffer from the evils of 'asabiyyah and need to be guided. We all know what they really mean by that, don't we? :banderas::chrisfreshhah:

@Freebandz looks like its time we grow some dreads and practice our Jamaican accents which would be a guarantee at getting a beautiful halimo from the UK who will take all of physical and mental abuse we dish out just to make the relationship work. I have heard what those ex-cons get up to and it ain't pretty. :damn::banderas:

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
@Freebandz looks like its time we grow some dreads and practice our Jamaican accents which would be a guarantee at getting a beautiful halimo from the UK who will take all of physical and mental abuse we dish out just to make the relationship work. I have heard what those ex-cons get up to and it ain't pretty. :damn::banderas:

Aren't you a bantu? Why would you need to practice a Jamaican accent?

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
This is sad
now knowing that somali are more relaxed about the marriage process and don't have sky high mahr(a pound of gold+120,000 cash was the last mahr I've was told by an arab father,like seriously?

Somali women are worth so much yet they're not capitalizing on this fact. They should also demand gold and cash.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
A revert brother I know mentioned that a few times Somali sisters keep asking him questions in his place of business, often with their mothers or aunts in attendance and a Somali brother with us said it's because they are 'interested'

:mjkkk:

Which is weird as most revert weddings I get invited to are usually to Somali sisters and it's just a whole let less embarrassing

:mjlol:

The somali community has been by far the nicest to me out of the big 3(Arab,pakistani,somali) and from what little opportunity I've had to observe somali muslimahs(respectfully of course) they are the most modest and closest to the sunnah, which to me is the biggest deciding factor as I find all races beautiful and I don't really care about money or lineage.

:mjlaugh:

Wallahi we've become a joke.

Islam has ruined Somalis in the UK. All this Umma crap is so stupid.

:westbrookwtf:

This is a wahabi problem, not a problem with Islam. Last I checked, those Arabs and Pakistanis are still Muslim and they don't have this issue at all.

Go and check out the Salafi marriage bandits problem that was huge in the UK a few years ago. The funny thing about these faradheers is they would gladly give their daughter away to some ex-con revert who has a negative networth, but if a lamagodley that happens to be a good dude comes to the father then he is asked "reer hebel yaad ka tahay?" and would be rejected from not coming from the correct clan/sub-clan. Too bad, but it ain't my problem. :sheed:

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
:westbrookwtf:

This is a wahabi problem, not a problem with Islam. Last I checked, those Arabs and Pakistanis are still Muslim and they don't have this issue at all.

Go and check out the Salafi marriage bandits problem that was huge in the UK a few years ago. The funny thing about these faradheers is they would gladly give their daughter away to some ex-con revert who has a negative networth, but if a lamagodley that happens to be a good dude comes to the father then he is asked "reer hebel yaad ka tahay?" and would be rejected from not coming from the correct clan/sub-clan. Too bad, but it ain't my problem. :sheed:

So aren't you bantu? Answer my question?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Those freaks on Ummah forums losing their minds about phone calls

:faysalwtf:

What century do these people live in?

ahahahaahaha you are a funny guy I have to admit

:chrisfreshhah:

All jokes aside, sxb, doesn't this reality worry a nationalist like you? If my women were getting the bottomfeeders of other races at record numbers I would be concerned. At the rate things are going, Somalis will cease to exist in the west in as little as 100+ years thanks to the crusading efforts of the SJW and the female Salafi being liberated from the "backward practices" of Somali culture. :banderas:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?474180-how-to-identify-a-witch

Hysterical.gif

So aren't you bantu? Answer my question?

Bantu =/= Jamaican. :camby:

The same halimos who thirst hard for a Jamaican revert turned their nose up at a Somali bantu. Not mad, since it's not too hard for a bantu to pull off looking and acting like a Jamaican. All one needs to get down is the accent really. :diddyswag:

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.

The same halimos who thirst hard for a Jamaican revert turned their nose up at a Somali bantu. Not mad, since it's not too hard for a bantu to pull off looking and acting like a Jamaican. All one needs to get down is the accent really. :diddyswag:

You seem to be happy about this, let me guess because you hate Somalis. You should practice self love. @Freebandz are you bantu too?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

Is this the Jubba man origin story?

coolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts