Status
Not open for further replies.
C-658VsXoAo3ovC[1].jpg

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
You want a source or what?

I can explain tho
1: interactions/esp intermarriages between cushitic people.. there are some cushitic groups who mix with each other.. borana, gabbra, oromo,

2. Loanwords from each other.. like the oromos, have some somali words in their language, not exactly but like twisted somali.. eg counting numbers in Oromo.
English Numbers Oromo Numbers
numbers lakkoobsa
one tokko
two lama
three sadii
four afur
five shan
six jaa'a
seven torba
eight saddeet
nine sagal
ten kudhan

Similar with rendille, they closely related to us as Somali talking of linguistically.. you can check a response I posted in the beginning

3 Religion; sharing of religion... some oromos are muslim while some are orthodox christians, who converted them to Islam? Take a guess... there was also a guy knowns as Ahmed Gurey, I guess you know him, he converted as many ethopiams as he can
  • Traditional beliefs== Hope you know Waaq god, it was worshipped by Oromos and some Somalis before the Islamic era...
Idk about this, but I heard some somali places are named after that waaq... like Elwaaq/ceelwaaq.
What does that show you?:cosbyhmm:

Was there no cushitic unity or even interactions between cushitic groups?

Nowadays, there's no such thing as each cushitic group envy each other, be it killing or whatever... like the Oromos massacring Somalis, there's no unity, I guess you got what I meant by it used to exist..

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Barely. My father can and my cousins but my dad didnt really teach us or care to. He doesnt like the Kenyatti. He's older than when NFD was in Kenya.
You live there or you don't? Cause schools there teach swahili

Lol, I thought you were from there atm
Only went there once years back. I was starting to pick up on the language but I didnt stay long enough for fluency. Also the people there (kenyans) speak English so it wasn't a necessity. Would've been nice to have a 3rd language though.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Only went there once years back. I was starting to pick up on the language but I didnt stay long enough for fluency. Also the people there (kenyans) speak English so it wasn't a necessity. Would've been nice to have a 3rd language though.
Yep, kenyan mostly speak eng.... but sometimes speak sheng. It's like swahili combined with english and also other slangs depending on the region.

Yeah, it's good to be trilingual.. you can achieve it tho

We had an honorary Rendille here, but sadly he may never come back.
@Kenyan Pastoralist

Some threads on them, just read Apollo/Amun.

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/rendille.2751/
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...-somali-clan-that-has-been-niloticized.41037/
Bejas - cucked by Nubians and Sudanese Arabs.
Eritrean Cushites (Bilen, Agaw, Saho, Afars etc) - cucked by Ethiosemites.
Ethiopian Cushites (too many to list) - cucked by Ethiosemites.
Somalis - culturally cucked by Arabs + demographically cucked by Bantus.
Kenyan Cushites - cucked by Nilotes and Bantus.
Tanzanian Cushites - practically extinct and completely cucked by Bantus.

There are no successful Cushites with their own culture and heritage intact.

:tacky:

We had an honorary Rendille here, but sadly he may never come back.
@Kenyan Pastoralist

Some threads on them, just read Apollo/Amun.

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/rendille.2751/
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...-somali-clan-that-has-been-niloticized.41037/

:tacky:

Kenyan Pastoralist said he was Kalenjin, not Rendille. Kalenjin are a Nilotic people who migrated south to the Rift Valley about two thousand years ago, being fully established there from about 1200.

I don't think we've ever had a Rendille visitor, there aren't very many Rendille sadly.

Apollo

VIP
Kenyan Pastoralist said he was Kalenjin, not Rendille. Kalenjin are a Nilotic people who migrated south to the Rift Valley about two thousand years ago, being fully established there from about 1200.

I don't think we've ever had a Rendille visitor, there aren't very many Rendille sadly.

There are only 50,000 of them and they are all concentrated in one town in Kenya. I doubt they have a diaspora.

I think if you count the Sakuye, Rendille and Gabra all together it's a somewhat respectable 100,000 people spread out around Mount Marsabit.

Apollo

VIP
I think if you count the Sakuye, Rendille and Gabra all together it's a somewhat respectable 100,000 people spread out around Mount Marsabit.

Next time I visit Kenya I am going to check them out. Seems like an interesting group of people to see as a Somali Tourist.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
They split from the Somali language group around Jesus's time.

Around the middle ages, they started adopting Samburu-Maasai culture.
Some of them look like Somalis, but most of em took nilotic like culture... like shaving their heads, wearing maasai like garmentss

The ones in NFD assimiliated with Somalis tho

They mostly live in Northern Kenya, between Lake Turkana ans Marsabit..

Mostly semi-arid desert lands close to Chalbi desert, hence why they practise nomadic way life.. and they love camel way too much:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending