Rendile, the long lost Somali clan that has been niloticized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rendille people of Kenya are related to us, they're a Somali clan that have left Somalia and lived near other nilotes which they have adopted much of their customs, clothing and culture.

Somalis claims that they have been rejected because the didn't want to practice Islam, which I think is a strong possibility since some of our biggest differences are related to religion. Either way, I think linguistics and customs reveal we do have ties.
Reendile come from the word reer diinle (religion refusing family) as in they're the clan that refused Islam and were therefore kicked out and rejected by the rest of the Somalis.
DbLuZj6X4AESrro.jpg

It is said that they are originally Somalis who migrated to that part of the country and were a sub tribe within Ogaden of Garissa is believed to have blood relationship with Rendile. However, it is still being debated.

Since somalis rejected them a lot of them have assimilated and intermarried with the Samburu nilotes they neighbor with.

DbLuogWW4AEaEVJ.jpg

Rendile Warriors with the same customs as Somali warriors having ostrich feathers on their head, representing the enemies they've killed.
They're wearing macawiis too.
DbNyQCaXkAASTae.jpg

Although there language has changed, you can here many Somali words in this song they are song

Last edited:
You can check out this thread on Rendile:
Its from waaq twitter so take what she says with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Possible origins of the Rendille, Gabbra and Sakuye people?

''The Yaaku were the earliest group of Eastern Cushites to come to Kenya. The Yaaku (also called the Mokokodo) began to move south about 1,000 years ago. After the Yaaku, other Cushitic groups such as the Somali and the Oromo came from Southern Ethiopia. When the Somali arrived from the north, the Bantu peoples were trying to expand from the southwest, but the Somalis defeated them.
In the 16th century the Oromo pushed the SOmalis out of the area. It is thought that the Somali split into three smaller groups at that time. One of the groups moved north and inland. This group perhaps became the Rendille, the Gabbra, and the Sakuye peoples. The Rendille continued to speak the Somali Cushite language, while the other two peoples adopted the Oromo language. Today some clans of the Rendille say that they were originally Somali, and some use Somali brands on their camels.
Ethnographers are not sure, however, that this is the true origin of the Rendille. Some historians think that camels were brought to East Africa by Arabs about a 1,000 years ago. Others say that the Rendille were already herding camels in Kenya before the Arabs brought their animals.

[Rendille, by Ronald G. Parris, page 14]

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Sorry for refuting this, but they are eastern Cushitic people native to lake of Turkana in Kenya. Somalis accepted Islam during the Hijra but anyways, they are more closely related to Oromos than us while we are mors closely related to Afars thanks to genetic and linguistic evidences.

Somali people claim everything so don't them serious sxb.

Sorry for refuting this, but they are eastern Cushitic people native to lake of Turkana in Kenya. Somalis accepted Islam during the Hijra but anyways, they are more closely related to Oromos than us while we are mors closely related to Afars thanks to genetic and linguistic evidences.

Somali people claim everything so don't them serious sxb.
listen to this :damnmusic:

Somalis call them reer dinle which is the origin of the word rendile

lalayariis

Bad cop
If they are Somali then damn, I thought all Somalis followed the crowd.:dwill:

I’ve never seen a creative Somali in my life, except for me of course.:ehh::ahh::pachah1:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP

Sxb, this Xalimo is clearly stupid. Rendille have similar language with us because they are eastern Cushites. The people who are the closest with us is Afar. They came from the same sub-branch of eastern Cushitic family like the Somalis along with Saho people.

Sxb, this Xalimo is clearly stupid. Rendille have similar language with us because they are eastern Cushites. The people who are the closest with us is Afar. They came from the same sub-branch of eastern Cushitic family like the Somalis along with Saho people.

do you have any sources to prove they aren't related to us
They share many customs with us as well as many words.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro-Somali_languages

44c0c33f-6f7d-4f00-b336-4ac66209fa3b.png

The Afar/Saho are Highland East. The Rendille and Somalis are Lowland East. The Rendille and Baiso are considered Somali outliers.

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
The eastern Rendille are mainly Muslims and speak Rendille language. The others living north rift Valley and with the Turkana speak other nilotic languages that they adopted and are not mainly muslim

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro-Somali_languages

44c0c33f-6f7d-4f00-b336-4ac66209fa3b.png

The Afar/Saho are Highland East. The Rendille and Somalis are Lowland East. The Rendille and Baiso are considered Somali outliers.

Are you crazy? Both Afar and Saho are lowland Cushitic closely related to Somalis and it's been genetically and linguistically proven.

Rendille and Baiso people are Cushitic people native to Kenya that don't have anything to do with us. Somalis seriously need to stop claiming people because it's getting really embarrassing.

Are you crazy? Both Afar and Saho are lowland Cushitic closely related to Somalis and it's been genetically and linguistically proven.

Rendille and Baiso people are Cushitic people native to Kenya that don't have anything to do with us. Somalis seriously need to stop claiming people because it's getting really embarrassing.

Still no links I see. Perhaps you should check this one:

https://www.academia.edu/248346/The_Origins_of_the_Galla_and_Somali

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar

He misread the table he posted

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
He misread the table he posted

Not surprised. Don't take Grant serious. Also, soon as he said Afar and Saho as highland East Cushites, I literally gived up. I was about to make a massive comment to educate him but I realized he wasn't worth it.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Do we have any DNA results of these Kenyan tribes claiming Somali lineage? Or is it just just barely on their language proximity to ours?

Not surprised. Don't take Grant serious. Also, soon as he said Afar and Saho as highland East Cushites, I literally gived up. I was about to make a massive comment to educate him but I realized he wasn't worth it.

http://www.academicroom.com/topics/cushities

"Cushitic languages, a division of the Afro-Asiatic phylum, comprising about 40 languages that are spoken mainly in Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia, and northwestern Kenya. There are six major subdivisions within the Cushitic family: North Cushitic, or Beja; Central Cushitic (also known as Agau), with languages such as Bilin, Kemant, Kwara, Xamtage, and Awngi; South Cushitic (spoken mainly in Tanzania), including Iraqw, Burunge, and Gorowa, the hybrid language Maʾa/Mbugu, and (in Kenya) Dahalo; Highland East Cushitic, including Burji, Sidamo, Kambata, and Hadiyya; Lowland East Cushitic, including Dasenech, Arbore, Saho-Afar, and Oromo and its close relatives such as Konso; and the Omo-Tana group, with languages such as Somali, Rendille, and Boni."

Somalis do not group with the Afar/Saho. They group more closely with the Rendille and Boni in what some linguists are calling a Southeastern Cushitic group.

You still need to read this:

https://www.academia.edu/248346/The_Origins_of_the_Galla_and_Somali

World

VIP
The Rendille-Somali split occurred before Somalis even became Muslim. Around 1000-1500 years ago. Modern day Somali clans didn’t exist then. Somali-Oromo split around 2500-3000 years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts