Remittance back home

I feel like sending money back home constantly makes our people complacent. Why look for work or improve yourself if someone is billing your life. I know of this elderly uncle of mine and he works as a janitor yet his kids back home expect him to send money. My parents also send money to their siblings the thing is they have 10 siblings each never mind when we visit back home everyone has their hand out people I never met or heard of in my life asking me for money so shameful.

I feel like sending money back home constantly makes our people complacent. Why look for work or improve yourself if someone is billing your life. I know of this elderly uncle of mine and he works as a janitor yet his kids back home expect him to send money. My parents also send money to their siblings the thing is they have 10 siblings each never mind when we visit back home everyone has their hand out people I never met or heard of in my life asking me for money so shameful.
you hit the nail on the head. It is scary that these family members back home never really tell you their expenses, for instance, power bills, groceries, and cell phone bills. My dad moved back to Garowe, Somalia, one year ago. He told me the power bill with everything running is 10 USD each month, but my parent has been sending 500 USD each month for the past 25 years. I've told them each I'm never sending a penny back to Somalia. I'd rather invest that money in stocks.

Vapour

Habeen
you hit the nail on the head. It is scary that these family members back home never really tell you their expenses, for instance, power bills, groceries, and cell phone bills. My dad moved back to Garowe, Somalia, one year ago. He told me the power bill with everything running is 10 USD each month, but my parent has been sending 500 USD each month for the past 25 years. I've told them each I'm never sending a penny back to Somalia. I'd rather invest that money in stocks.
Woah. You can't possibly mean that. Have you got close family there?

Power is not no 10 bucks 😆. Unless they live in a tin shed with one light bulb hanging by a wire in the ceiling.

NomadicWarlord

THROW YO 〽️s UP‼️ #MJBLOCK 🇸🇱🇸🇱🇸🇱
Well just keep them on a budget :mjdontkno:

Rent is 200 dollars as well your dad must be trolling you.

hes not renting he living in my grandpa house that he left him. think about it if a house rent for 200 usd what the utility bills? it not gone be more than 20 usd
I send back 500 dollar a month to my wife plus 100 extra when it’s asked for. I assume they make 150$ saved each month and use 350 ish. The bill you said makes sense to me.

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
$10 dollars a month to pay for a kids school fees and receive hasannat and possibly change that family that’s probably your kin trajectory or boba to a Vietnamese of Filipino who will send it back home

Also this one of the covert insidious discord topics here

Told upti its gon be freezing on eid day. They plotting to kill me when I visit this summer, I just got a feeling.
Excited Rick Ross GIF by Snipes

Vapour

Habeen
I send back 500 dollar a month to my wife plus 100 extra when it’s asked for. I assume they make 150$ saved each month and use 350 ish. The bill you said makes sense to me.
Slightly unrelated question - Can diaspora returnees with Western degrees find good-paying jobs back home?

Slightly unrelated question - Can diaspora returnees with Western degrees find good-paying jobs back home?
Probably not as good as a western job. Diaspora developes the country, not work there. You’re gonna wanna open a some sort of business. Although if oil takes off then maybe.

I actually feel sorry for you guys, only moms side the ones that live in Somalia are poor, already mum has built three houses with one of them being stolen by her brother she has stopped sending money and told them all to get jobs and only sends money to her mother , when I visited my dads side in Djibouti before I was leaving they gave me 500 dollars , having rich relatives in Africa is actually cool, personal driver, going to kempinski for dinner, air condition mansion. That’s why I love Djibouti more than that boring ass depressing village called boorama

All those ngo jobs that say no national Somali apply but they pay 10k a month in halane, Like a western Somali should not be discriminated in those jobs it’s unfair