Remittance back home

NomadicWarlord

THROW YO 〽️s UP‼️ #MJBLOCK 🇸🇱🇸🇱🇸🇱
Slightly unrelated question - Can diaspora returnees with Western degrees find good-paying jobs back home?
Nah majority of the youth are unemployed so you should use the amount of money that made in the west to invest in a business that will get sum of dat guap coming in lol 😂😂

Vapour

Habeen
Nah majority of the youth are unemployed so you should use the amount of money that made in the west to invest in a business that will get sum of dat guap coming in lol 😂😂
It’s the difference that counts. Western salary + Somali living costs = top 1% in that country.

Last edited:
I feel like sending money back home constantly makes our people complacent. Why look for work or improve yourself if someone is billing your life. I know of this elderly uncle of mine and he works as a janitor yet his kids back home expect him to send money. My parents also send money to their siblings the thing is they have 10 siblings each never mind when we visit back home everyone has their hand out people I never met or heard of in my life asking me for money so shameful.
Ngl, I agree completely.

For far too long, the diaspora Somalis have given their hard earned scraps to those back home without seeing any benefit of it. The problem is 2 fold - it creates complacency and prevents entrepreneurship + screws over the Somalis in the west bc they should have used that money to invest in themselves.

The only thing I'll be responsible for is what I sign up for - my student loans, my marriage, my kids, my future, etc.