Reminder of Somaliland's legal claim to statehood

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
There seem to be some new fellas here and I have to set some things straight... :ummhmm:

Whereas the territories in Africa known as the Somaliland Protectorate are under Our protection:
And whereas by treaty, grant, usage, sufferance and other lawful means We have power and jurisdiction in the Somaliland Protectorate:
And whereas it is intended that the Somaliland Protectorate shall become an independent country on the twenty-sixth day of June 1960.

There is some serious legal significance that comes with this event regardless of it being only 5 days and REGARDLESS of anyone's hurt feelings. After 5 beautiful de jure days Somaliland willingly entered into an union with Italian Somaliland to form Somalia on 1st of July in 1960 and willingly left in 1991.

All of you and me know that this is the only reason why the international community tolerates Somaliland and our constant undermining of Somalia. Since being recognized by the current Queen of the UK, Somaliland legal claim to statehood is indirectly cemented by:

The Montevideo Convention on the Rights and Duties of States treaty signed at Montevideo, Uruguay, on December 26, 1933.

Charter of the United Nations, Adopted by the United Nations General Assembly, 26 June 1945.

UN Resolution on Recognition by the United Nations of the Representation of a Member State, 14 December 1950

The Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards, also known as the “New York Arbitration Convention” or the “New York Convention 1958

UN Resolution on United Nations Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples (Adopted by the United Nations General Assembly, 14 December 1960)

Unionists
, I'm sorry.. I know this hurts :kendrickcry:

200.gif

Last edited:
Man I am losing hope in Somalia and greater Somalia at that. These idiots would rather fight amongst themselves while other countries rob from us and turn us into a chinese colony.

Keep dividing yourselves, its a tale as old as time.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Bruh somaliland was a country for five days with the intention of uniting with somalia.
by uniting all sovereignty claims have been nullified. Simply said there is no going back.

sl had no constitution only an council of “Elders”. I know it is an hard pill to swallow however it is the truth.

if these documents truly had any meaning sl would have been independent by now.

do you really think the ic is dumb enough to believe somaliland, they did the opposite for 30 years. Time for y’all to come back to reality. Even the Djibouti talks is set up to please the sl people. Bixi holds no real power as somaliland could be invaded at any time, to restore the regions to sanity. This dream is ending wake up before your feelings get to hurt,

With Ethiopia about to descend into civil war, the false dreams of Somaliland secessionism are over. Ogadenia is more likely to join up with Somalia instead of Somaliland seceding.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Somaliland is a failure in every possible way.

even somalilanders will admit this

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Bruh somaliland was a country for five days with the intention of uniting with somalia.
It was still given recognition, the union was a choice. Previous British Somaliland wanted to form a union with Italian Somaliland to create the Republic of Somalia...
sl had no constitution only an council of “Elders”. I know it is an hard pill to swallow however it is the truth.
It actually did have a constitution of its own, and an elected legislature and a judiciary. The early constitution came into force on 21 November 1959 and in 1960. British Somaliland held legislative council elections before the union. Mr Ibrahim Haji Ibrahim Egal of which Hargeisa Airport is named after was one of the ministers and the leader of the previous government in the legislative council.

if these documents truly had any meaning sl would have been independent by now.
Not true, as the west (EU and USA) and the AU is afraid of sparking separatist movements in a volatile region they want us to sort our problems out. If they butt in it could not only destabilize Somalia but the entire horn of African and potentially other parts of Africa.

do you really think the ic is dumb enough to believe somaliland, they did the opposite for 30 years. Time for y’all to come back to reality. Even the Djibouti talks is set up to please the sl people. Bixi holds no real power as somaliland could be invaded at any time, to restore the regions to sanity. This dream is ending wake up before your feelings get to hurt,
All I have read is absolute bullshit from you. These Puntlandtites say something and wish it is true but then you'll have me to fact check you. Stop with the fucking fake news, if you don't know then don't respond..

You have actually wasted my fucking time but next time make sure you know what you're writing... Wallahi it's ridiculous the shit yall people write WITHOUT facts..

@Yonis @Bakuro559 gtfoh and don't respond to my posts with bullshit like Diarrhea Ambassador

tenor-2.gif

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts