Regional Stereotypes as it relates to our Xaalimo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get yourself a woman like magool who will sing you songs encouraging sectarian violence in a diverse city like mogadishu :chrisfreshhah: Central elegance? Don't kill me.

Where do ppl from these regions come from mudug , bari and benadiri?

I live by stereotypes, theres always somewhat truth in then :manny:

Where do ppl from these regions come from mudug , bari and benadiri?

I live by stereotypes, theres always somewhat truth in then :manny:

Most of these stereotypes are made up. Some users here are gassing up their own people, and putting others down (myself included). Some of them are fallacies concocted on somnet, the first Somali message board.

I know that mudug stereotype is definetely true. Reer Mudug people tend to be more boastful and arrogant. 'Tend to', being a key word here. I didn't read the Reer Waqooyi one so I don't know what was said about them, and how much if it exaggerated/falsified.

Most of these stereotypes are made up. Some users here are gassing up their own people, and putting others down (myself included). Some of them are fallacies concocted on somnet, the first Somali message board.

I know that mudug stereotype is definetely true. Reer Mudug people tend to be more boastful and arrogant. 'Tend to', being a key word here.

But who are mudug people, is it an qabil or is it a place who are they
And who are bari and benadiri ppl
They sound as hindoe names :mjlol:

But who are mudug people, is it an qabil or is it a place who are they
And who are bari and benadiri ppl
They sound as hindoe names :mjlol:

:gucciwhat: What kind Bloody hooyo mataalo question is that?

Mudug is a region in north Central Somalia. The people that live there hail from a few clans, so you can attribute this behaviour to them if you liked.

:gucciwhat: What kind Bloody hooyo mataalo question is that?

Mudug is a region in north Central Somalia. The people that live there hail from a few clans, so you can attribute this behaviour to them if you liked.

What are the others then
I thought north somali were wooqoji ppl

I have to agree with OP here, ximan&xeeb and ceel buur girls are the best of somalis. That southern gentle and elegence in a manner is something to die for.

The further north you go in Mudug (I am going by the old Gobal not the 18) the more hotheaded the women/males get. But no doubt the ceelbuur women have the best stereotypes in Koonfur and this is reflected in my experience with them in the diaspora, @embarassing is the only one on this site but I belief she is mixed, hence it doesn't count in that case.

Stereotypes never materialise out of thin air, they materialise because many people from different walks of life have observed these things and as a result this spread out into the community.

The other day I had an interesting convo with a group farax's were this topic came up once again because one of the guys who went through divorce 3 times (wooqoyi) has requested a friend to specifically find him a Benadiri woman only.

The first woman he was married to was Wooqoyi, the second was a woman from Mudug and the third was a woman from Bari. He divorced the Mudug woman himself but was kicked out by the other two.

When he was asked why he specifically wants a Benadiri woman, the stereotypes which I heard as a child as well as experienced in the diaspora came out on full blast!

The negative Stereotypes goes as follows, the Wooqoyi women is too materialistic, too high maintenance and despite being on average the better looking women out of the rest of the Somali's also strangely happen to be the most insecure & jealous as well.

He complained she bankrupted him, then dumped him and this stereotype is pretty much the same experience I have observed from all of the ones I met in the diaspora (many). We saw the protests in Hargaisa by the males which hasn't happened anywhere else in Somalia

The negatives stereotypes with regards to the women from Mudug is their hotheadedness and fiery attitudes, as well as their lack of romance which he also complained about. I haven't observed the latter one but I have been told about it many times (The only place were the Fircawni FGM is still widely practised which could explain the romance part), the rest of it however is something I see daily in 80% of the ones I meet.

The reer Bari woman is stereotyped as 'reer magaal' in the negative sense, this has to do with the colonial past in those regions, even when they are religious they carry bizarre secularist views/opinions. I have seen many who turned some guys down because he didn't agree to her stupid (no kids for 2 years rule), in his case she divorced him because she didn't want kids with him which he was trying to force. (he was basically there to satisfy her which the doqon found out about too late, he admit he was played by her reer magaal style)

The Benadiri women is stereotyped as being a woman whose hand you have to constantly hold otherwise she will fall of a cliff (doqomad) but is great and attentive to her husband, it's because of this attribute he is requesting one.

On the positive side the stereotype is that the Wooqoyi/Benadiri women are far better to their husbands compared to the Mudug/Bari women, but the Mudug/Bari women slaughter them both when it comes to raising strong households even as single mothers.

This is the 1000th time that I have heard about these stereotypes from various people and there is about 80% truth from what I experienced as well as observed.

What kinds of stereotypes have you heard ? and have you seen any reflection of this in the diaspora.

I did not grow up in Somalia,

So what is the stereotype of reer magaal women of mogadishu?

waraabe

Your superior
Another stereotype is intelligence

waqooyi women tend to be highly intelligent and often work/run their own businesses, this coupled with their famous beauty explains why they demand more meher and rightly so since marriage isnt a charity. one of the richest somalis is a hy woman Amina Moghe Hersi has an empire close to $300m in east Africa.

Allah has blessed waqooyi dumarkeena :rejoice: @The Cushitic One @Zuleikha @Waxwaalan @Hades

(most influential somalis have waqooyi mothers )

who wants a dumb, needy, submissive wife other than a insecure man :ohlord:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Reer bari females when they marry a man from cadaado & baraxley usually he becomes the wife.

Ilhan Omar will be nation's first Somali-American legislator

:ahh:

The further north you go in Mudug (I am going by the old Gobal not the 18) the more hotheaded the women/males get. But no doubt the ceelbuur women have the best stereotypes in Koonfur and this is reflected in my experience with them in the diaspora, @embarassing is the only one on this site but I belief she is mixed, hence it doesn't count in that case.

Nah @embarassing is cool and it doesn't matter if she is mixed, she might still embody these traits.

:gucciwhat:

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
What section do HG women fall into? Because they are strong, beautiful, fierce, intelligent and independent, far from submissive.

I did not grow up in Somalia,

So what is the stereotype of reer magaal women of mogadishu?

The reer magaal word is always viewed by the religious males as something negative with the connotations that you are "western" in dhaqan, etiquettes and sometimes even morals.

It came about after colonialism because many people began to act like them as though their own cultures were inferior, it's not specific to a tribe or a region. I used to belief it was used in a positive context when I was young until I realised it wasn't.

When a friend of mine tells me "naagtan wa naag reel magaal ah" it's a code word for GTFOH

@waraabe

A materialist women has no value unless of course your one yourself. The moment a women puts a monetary value on herself, she is has cheapened herself by default, this is also text book definition of a "". You shouldn't be proud of such disgusting attribute nor extol this because no smart woman is a materialist.

Praise them for everything else except that particular disgusting trait which everyone stereotypes them for all across Somalia. A high maintenance woman is a woman that lacks iman, how you equate this with intelligence is beyond me, it's blasphemous.

What section do HG women fall into? Because they are strong, beautiful, fierce, intelligent and independent, far from submissive.

They fall in the Mudug category mostly, excluding those who live in Wooqoyi (Fiqishini), Hiiraan (matabaan) and those that were a couple of generations in Benadir.

It's where you parents were born that matters when it comes to stereotypes not were you are born, I have a relative (odd one) that was 3 generations in Benadir and has none of the Mudug stereotypes, very passive and submissive like most women from Benadir.

I assume your parents were born in Mudug, and judging from your posts you have those fiery characteristics, you wouldn't get along with passive males from Benadir or Bari.

But someone that fights fire with fire like reer mudug males or the Wooqoyi GX males like @jugjugwacwac, these are the types of males that do well with women from Mudug according to stereotypes.

waraabe

Your superior
who wants a needy submissive, unintelligent woman @Inquisitive_ ? i must inform you this isn't good wife and your kids will suffer as a result as kids have close bond with the mother more than the father. Only an insecure male would be after these females, if she lets you walk over her like that then your kids will have similar traits and will be walked over all the time. The kids that used to get bullied in school used to have these types of mothers usually. She must be able to think and work for herself, you dont want someone who sits at home all day waiting for you to get home. It good to go for a confident woman who knows her worth, nothing whorish about meher too, the woman can demand what she wants and it shows that you can provide for a potential family, its good way of weeding out the useless undesirable cucks who cant provide for their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending