Regional Stereotypes as it relates to our Xaalimo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereotypes never materialise out of thin air, they materialise because many people from different walks of life have observed these things and as a result this spread out into the community.

The other day I had an interesting convo with a group farax's were this topic came up once again because one of the guys who went through divorce 3 times (wooqoyi) has requested a friend to specifically find him a Benadiri woman only.

The first woman he was married to was Wooqoyi, the second was a woman from Mudug and the third was a woman from Bari. He divorced the Mudug woman himself but was kicked out by the other two.

When he was asked why he specifically wants a Benadiri woman, the stereotypes which I heard as a child as well as experienced in the diaspora came out on full blast!

The negative Stereotypes goes as follows, the Wooqoyi women is too materialistic, too high maintenance and despite being on average the better looking women out of the rest of the Somali's also strangely happen to be the most insecure & jealous as well.

He complained she bankrupted him, then dumped him and this stereotype is pretty much the same experience I have observed from all of the ones I met in the diaspora (many). We saw the protests in Hargaisa by the males which hasn't happened anywhere else in Somalia

The negatives stereotypes with regards to the women from Mudug is their hotheadedness and fiery attitudes, as well as their lack of romance which he also complained about. I haven't observed the latter one but I have been told about it many times (The only place were the Fircawni FGM is still widely practised which could explain the romance part), the rest of it however is something I see daily in 80% of the ones I meet.

The reer Bari woman is stereotyped as 'reer magaal' in the negative sense, this has to do with the colonial past in those regions, even when they are religious they carry bizarre secularist views/opinions. I have seen many who turned some guys down because he didn't agree to her stupid (no kids for 2 years rule), in his case she divorced him because she didn't want kids with him which he was trying to force. (he was basically there to satisfy her which the doqon found out about too late, he admit he was played by her reer magaal style)

The Benadiri women is stereotyped as being a woman whose hand you have to constantly hold otherwise she will fall of a cliff (doqomad) but is great and attentive to her husband, it's because of this attribute he is requesting one.

On the positive side the stereotype is that the Wooqoyi/Benadiri women are far better to their husbands compared to the Mudug/Bari women, but the Mudug/Bari women slaughter them both when it comes to raising strong households even as single mothers.

This is the 1000th time that I have heard about these stereotypes from various people and there is about 80% truth from what I experienced as well as observed.

What kinds of stereotypes have you heard ? and have you seen any reflection of this in the diaspora.

Last edited:

Gambar

VIP
Stereotypes never materialise out of thin air, they materialise because many people from different walks of life have observed these things and as a result this spread out into the community.

The other day I had an interesting convo with a group farax's were this topic came up once again because one of the guys who went through divorce 3 times (wooqoyi) has requested a friend to specifically find him a Benadiri woman only.

The first woman he was married to was Wooqoyi, the second was a woman from Mudug and the third was a woman from Bari. He divorced the Mudug woman himself but was kicked out by the other two.

When he was asked why he specifically wants a Benadiri woman, the stereotypes which I heard as a child as well as experienced in the diaspora came out on full blast!

The negative Stereotypes goes as follows, the Wooqoyi women is too materialistic, too high maintenance and despite being on average the better looking women out of the rest of the Somali's also strangely happen to be the most insecure & jealous as well.

He complained she bankrupted him, then dumped him and this stereotype is pretty much the same experience I have observed from all of the ones I met in the diaspora (many). We saw the protests in Hargaisa by the males which hasn't happened anywhere else in Somalia

The negatives stereotypes with regards to the women from Mudug is their hotheadedness and fiery attitudes, as well as their lack of romance which he also complained about. I haven't observed the latter one but I have been told about it many times (The only place were the Fircawni FGM is still widely practised which could explain the romance part), the rest of it however is something I see daily in 80% of the ones I meet.

The reer Bari woman is stereotyped as 'reer magaal' in the negative sense, this has to do with the colonial past in those regions, even when they are religious they carry bizarre secularist infidel views/opinions. I have seen many who turned some guys down because he didn't agree to her stupid (no kids for 2 years rule), in his case she divorced him because she didn't want kids with him which he was trying to force. (he was basically there to satisfy her which the doqon found out about too late, he admit he was played by her reer magaal style)

The Benadiri women is stereotyped as being a woman whose hand you have to constantly hold otherwise she will fall of a cliff (doqomad) but is great and attentive to her husband, it's because of this attribute he is requesting one.

On the positive side the stereotype is that the Wooqoyi/Benadiri women are far better to their husbands compared to the Mudug/Bari women, but the Mudug/Bari women slaughter them both when it comes to raising strong households even as single mothers.

This is the 1000th time that I have heard about these stereotypes from various people and there is about 80% truth from what I experienced as well as observed.

What kinds of stereotypes have you heard ? and have you seen any reflection of this in the diaspora.
What’s with you and infidels?

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.
Not really.
But there was this guy that had 12 kids with his wife and whenever he acted out she would kick him out then he would come to our apartment, when we would ask whats up he would say that there were guests at his house despite everyone in town knowing what was going on.
It was embarrassing and i always felt bad for the guy.

Gambar

VIP
How is the family planning going Gamber? as a reer Bari woman are you still putting your husband through the torture of delayed fatherhood because you decided it's a financial risk to have a baby despite half a decade of marriage & both of you in work?

I really feel for the poor guy and how you must have convinced him that it's a good thing, if this was a reer mudug dude he would have just smiled at you and said haye, then proceed to break the faucet on you and let his billion soldiers flood you from all corners.
I am not reer Bari. Ilahay ha ku soo hanuuniyo walaal waad isku wareertay.

Friendly advice walaal, stop using the word infidel so loosely. It could come back and haunt you.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP

The reer Bari woman is stereotyped as 'reer magaal' in the negative sense, this has to do with the colonial past in those regions, even when they are religious they carry bizarre secularist views/opinions. I have seen many who turned some guys down because he didn't agree to her stupid (no kids for 2 years rule), in his case she divorced him because she didn't want kids with him which he was trying to force. (he was basically there to satisfy her which the doqon found out about too late, he admit he was played by her reer magaal style)

I've seen that protest in Hargeisa it's very lame to complain like that in fact marriage was more expensive before you know how many xoolo,camels etc the girl received?

I've seen that protest in Hargeisa it's very lame to complain like that in fact marriage was more expensive before you know how many xoolo,camels etc the girl received?

You cannot compare this because the fiat money keeps loosing it's purchasing power every year, if you compare the camels back then that were traded relative to USD purchasing power at that time, it was really nothing.

It's like comparing a single gold coin from 1400 years ago to USD today, or wait until it crashes then compare this and argue things were more expensive back then.

Context is everything my friend, the camels that were traded back then stayed within the same sub-clan, the 100 camels I gave away is used by that family to marry of their son's and this keeps going round and round.

This is not the case today because we are enriching the Asian/Arab/White business owners who make a fortune from us, 90% of the money ends up in their pockets as the prime beneficiaries, it's not like the Xaalimo is saying I want no wedding or any other crap but just give me £X amount of money.

It's disgusting to see you support this diabolical sham and become a cheap apologist for it instead of fighting this shamelessness together.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
The stereotype for girls from cadaado dhuusomareeb and baraxley is just like other black girls from Africa or the Caribbean they have futo weyn oo madow

World

VIP
What are the stereotypes of women in Galbeed then? It’s well known that Ogaden men beat their wives, so are they like Arabs and South Asians?

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
You cannot compare this because the fiat money keeps loosing it's purchasing power every year, if you compare the camels back then that were traded relative to USD purchasing power at that time, it was really nothing.

It's like comparing a single gold coin from 1400 years ago to USD today, or wait until it crashes then compare this and argue things were more expensive back then.

Context is everything my friend, the camels that were traded back then stayed within the same sub-clan, the 100 camels I gave away is used by that family to marry of their son's and this keeps going round and round.

This is not the case today because we are enriching the Asian/Arab/White business owners who make a fortune from us, 90% of the money ends up in their pockets as the prime beneficiaries, it's not like the Xaalimo is saying I want no wedding or any other crap but just give me £X amount of money.

It's disgusting to see you support this diabolical sham and become a cheap apologist for it instead of fighting this shamelessness together.
You only marry once why not go all out

Not really.
But there was this guy that had 12 kids with his wife and whenever he acted out she would kick him out then he would come to our apartment, when we would ask whats up he would say that there were guests at his house despite everyone in town knowing what was going on.
It was embarrassing and i always felt bad for the guy.

I know three guys like that! They come to our house or call my dad to solve it. It's very awkward and they give my dad a headache.

What are the stereotypes of Abgaal women?

What are the stereotypes of Abgaal women?

I don't deal with Qabiil stereotypes this is purely about Gobal which are inhabited by many different tribes. I do not want this thread to descend into qabiil stereotypes of which I have no interest in.

All the reer mudug women I have encountered, whether she lives in Burtinle, Wisil, Cadaado, Ceeldheere, Caabudwaaq, Ceelbuur all have the same temperament pretty much and different clan's reside in each of these places.

Even the ones in the diaspora who grew up here have the same temperament, it doesn't change, it's the same with the ones who moved to Xamar, the only time I have seen changes is when they have mixed parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts