Recognition merchants crossed the line

How can i be a Coon and a Somali Nationalist at the same time? Do enlighten me

I tend not to respond to Somalian trolls but will this time . The Somali people are bigger than the nation of Somalia. You can only be a Somali nationalist if you support the success of Somali's within their respective countries (like i do). Many Somalians can differentiate between a Somali and a Somalian so i make it explicitly clear to whom im referring to when i post online.

So what I get from you, anyone who disagrees with you or your logic is Somalian? Great logic, especially when I'm not the only lander embarassed by the amount of cooning I see online, on TV and to a certain extent, back home.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
@Nilotufian When the mjs revolted in 1982 and fought the siad barre army sland coconut heads were still faqassh and in the siad barre army all the way untill 1988

Musa bixi was an airforce pilot bombing mjs in the 1982 ssdf war now called Somali Ethiopian border conflict
Screenshot_2019-07-10-11-49-09-1.png

The word 'Somalian' has been popularised as describing those of Somali descent from either Somaliland or Somalia, when this is incorrect. Whenever people say Somalian, they mean Somali, so our energy is put into correcting them that it is a 'Somali' who they will likely meet, instead of confusing them with terminology from a country they might not ever interact with. Recently, people have attributed the word to Somali nationals, when the people don't even call themselves that. Now, I just see it as a word to seperate Somalis from Somaliland and Somalis from Somalia.

Apollo

VIP
If Ilhan didn't wear a Hijab like Tlaib and kept her mouth shut about Israel I think she would have received only 1% of the hate she does now.

Americans aren't racist, you never hear about Joe Neguse (Eritrean congressman) in the news but you constantly hear about Ilhan Omar. They are Islamophobic and anti-far-left.

If Ilhan didn't wear a Hijab like Tlaib and kept her mouth shut about Israel I think she would have received 1% of the hate she does now.

Americans aren't racist, you never hear about Joe Neguse (Eritrean congressman) in the news but you constantly hear about Ilhan Omar. They are Islamophobic and anti-far-left.

I see why people don't like her. To me, she doesn't seem fit to be a congresswoman in the most powerful country in the world, but then again, most US policticans seem useless and get paid so much for doing nothing, so why not be happy a fellow Somali sis is finessing them too. The only problem is, with the way she is going now, she will not last long. Instead of focusing on Muslim issues that most Arab Americans , the general face of Islam, and powerful Muslims from the gulf are choosing to neglect, she should worry about her partiuclar constituent and issues facing them, and if she has time left over from dealing with that, pay attention to lighter, smaller foreign issues, like those relevant to her i.e. Africa and in particular Somalia.

DRACO

VIP
So what I get from you, anyone who disagrees with you or your logic is Somalian? Great logic, especially when I'm not the only lander embarassed by the amount of cooning I see online, on TV and to a certain extent, back home.
Refer to my thread about the correct terminology to be used when talking about Somalis:
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/terminology-somali-vs-somalian.33756/

10 people voted agree , 5 disagree so it appears that most Somalis agree with me

Refer to my thread about the correct terminology to be used when talking about Somalis:
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/terminology-somali-vs-somalian.33756/

10 people voted agree , 5 disagree so it appears that most Somalis agree with me

I disagree. Why are you telling a people from a different country of yours what to call themselves? There would be no issue if Somalian was used by our parents or people back home, but as I said before, it's not. Somalian is only used by ignorant people who mean Somali, but think we are similar other nations who go by -ian. Using your logic, are Somali people living in Somaliland called Somalilanders? Having been to Hargeisa, I've never heard that word used, and don't think it would ever stick. Why is there no name for other countries, say Nigeria, for people born there and abroad? Cause we are the only nation who still fight over the dumbest, most trivial things.

The only suitable thing that I've seen other countries use is abbreviations such as NRI which means NonResident Indian.

World

VIP
If Ilhan didn't wear a Hijab like Tlaib and kept her mouth shut about Israel I think she would have received only 1% of the hate she does now.

Ilhan Omar won 78 % of the vote for her seat, in a district that is over 70 % white. That’s all that matters. Liberal whites all support her.

That Eritrean congressman only has 20k followers on Twitter, he’s irrelevant unlike Ilhan Omar who has 1.5 million followers, with tweets that often garner hundreds of thousands of retweets.

The people who hate her would always hate her since she is black, Muslim and a refugee.

World

VIP
I see why people don't like her. To me, she doesn't seem fit to be a congresswoman in the most powerful country in the world, but then again, most US policticans seem useless and get paid so much for doing nothing, so why not be happy a fellow Somali sis is finessing them too. The only problem is, with the way she is going now, she will not last long. Instead of focusing on Muslim issues that most Arab Americans , the general face of Islam, and powerful Muslims from the gulf are choosing to neglect, she should worry about her partiuclar constituent and issues facing them, and if she has time left over from dealing with that, pay attention to lighter, smaller foreign issues, like those relevant to her i.e. Africa and in particular Somalia.
What do you mean she won’t last long? She received 78 % of the vote for her seat. The people love her. She isn’t going nowhere, no matter what people like you say about her.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Muuse biixi was in the far south at that time. The SSDF were defeated even though they had the Ethiopian army with them.
Bullshit ssdf took over two villages with Ethiopian support
Also
It doesn't change the fact that isaaqs participated in the army that was fighting mj ssdf and Musa even bombed them as he was a airforce pilot

That destroys you're narrative of mjs or dhulbahante as faqassh when isaaqs killed mjs who revolted this makes isaaqs the biggest and only faqassh members

This makes sland the biggest hypocritical liars the world has ever known

Apollo

VIP
Ilhan Omar won 78 % of the vote for her seat, in a district that is over 70 % white. That’s all that matters. Liberal whites all support her.

That Eritrean congressman only has 20k followers on Twitter, he’s irrelevant unlike Ilhan Omar who has 1.5 million followers, with tweets that often garner hundreds of thousands of retweets.

Because of her Islamic aesthetics (headscarf). She is a novelty. Hence, why everyone is so obsessed with her, including the haters.

Also, her anti-Israel comments earlier this year gave her big press coverage. Without those two components I doubt she would have been as controversial.

I hear that among Democrats nationwide she has extremely low approval ratings (only 9%). But of course, she will only be elected by Minnesota's 5th congressional district (urban Minneapolis) and not nationwide.

What do you mean she won’t last long? She received 78 % of the vote for her seat. The people love her. She isn’t going nowhere, no matter what people like you say about her.

Well I didn't know that, judging by the media outrage and lack of bipartisan support for her. Hopefully she does last long, as Minnesota is essentially where she needs to matter most, and hopefully that high number is still being replicated in the general population this far into her term. I say this because everyone seemed to love her when she was sworn in, but these controversies she's been in its been hard to find people in her court, be it from her state or genera US population, and it would be a shame if the national media skewed her image so much that her own state develop different opinions of her

Also, I can not like this congresswoman but also wish the best for her, it is possible to do both you know. I disagree with many of her stances and way she goes about things.

Bullshit ssdf took over two villages with Ethiopian support
Also
It doesn't change the fact that isaaqs participated in the army that was fighting mj ssdf and Musa even bombed them as he was a airforce pilot

That destroys you're narrative of mjs or dhulbahante as faqassh when isaaqs killed mjs who revolted this makes isaaqs the biggest and only faqassh members

This makes sland the biggest hypocritical liars the world has ever known
Give me the evidence of Muuse Biixi being there. What do you mean by Isaaq participated in the army? Are you talking about a national army or a clan militia sxb? Every single clan at that time were in the army, even mjs.

World

VIP
Because of her Islamic aesthetics (headscarf). She is a novelty. Hence, why everyone is so obsessed with her, including the haters.

Also, her anti-Israel comments earlier this year gave her big press coverage. Without those two components I doubt she would have been as controversial.

I hear that among Democrats nationwide she has extremely low approval ratings (only 9%). But of course, she will only be elected by Minnesota's 5th congressional district (urban Minneapolis) and not nationwide.
The Republicans want to make Ilhan Omar (and others like AOC) the face of the Democratic Party because as you’ve said, she’s a novelty (black, Muslim, refugee).

About that 9 % figure, it’s just fake news. Here is an article refuting it:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....et-racist-democrat-congress-a9007961.html?amp

I don’t think that other modern liberal urban cities would be any different to Minneapolis either, they would all love her whilst the red states are the ones that would extremely hate her.

Apollo

VIP
The Republicans want to make Ilhan Omar (and others like AOC) the face of the Democratic Party because as you’ve said, she’s a novelty (black, Muslim, refugee).

About that 9 % figure, it’s just fake news. Here is an article refuting it:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-aoc-ilhan-omar-polling-tweet-racist-democrat-congress-a9007961.html?amp

I don’t think that other modern liberal urban cities would be any different to Minneapolis either, they would all love her whilst the red states are the ones that would extremely hate her.

Personally, I wish she stopped being so stereotypical Somali in her politics and would be more pro-Western and pro-American. She should also stop talking about Israel. Jews got too much power and she is going against an undefeatable entity.

She is making Somalis look like a bunch of unintegratable people who hate the West.

World

VIP
Personally, I wish she stopped being so stereotypical Somali in her politics and would be more pro-Western and pro-American. She should also stop talking about Israel. These people got too much power and she is going against an undefeatable entity.

She is making Somalis look like a bunch of unintegratable people who hate the West.
She has never said anything that was anti American or anti Western. Feel free to correct me, but I believe Israel is a foreign country and being against Israeli interference in American politics (AIPAC) makes her in fact pro American.

The truth is, the patriotism of non white people is always doubted in America which is why she along with other non white congresswomen are being accused of being anti American.

Trending