Reading the whole Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I completed Surah 21 Al-Anbiya (The Prophets) recently. My favorite ayats included a few where Allah speaks about His creation;

16. We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them for a (mere) play .

I like this as Allah is saying He didn't create all this without reason, or as an accident, they serve as signs for us.:mjpls:

30. Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

This first part could be explained by the Big Bang theory as everything in the Universe was at once a single point
before exploding in all directions:ohhh:

33. And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating.

Imagine ayats like these that 1400+ years ago would have to be taken on belief that we can now begin to confirm with our current science today, just shows how timeless the Quran is. :rejoice:
And it makes me interested in what later scientific discoveries may be able to explain further in the Quran that we currently have no explanation for.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Recently completed Surah 22 Al-Hajj, a few interesting ayats below from this chapter;

25. Verily! Those who disbelieve and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah, and from Al-Masjid-al-Haram (at Makkah) which We have made (open) to (all) men, the dweller in it and the visitor from the country are equal there [as regards its sanctity and pilgrimage (Hajj and 'Umrah)]. And whoever inclines to evil actions therein or to do wrong (i.e. practise polytheism and leave Islamic Monotheism), him We shall cause to taste a painful torment.

Allah basically saying all of us Muslims have a right to this city, and are equal to the locals there.:mjhaps:

75. Allah chooses Messengers from angels and from men. Verily, Allah is All-Hearer, All-Seer.

This was interesting, that Angels could be sent as Messengers. I would think they would be sent as Messengers to certain Prophets that did not speak directly to Allah like Musa did. Forexample our Prophet Mohamed got the Quran in parts from Jibreel regularly.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Thanks guys for the feedback.:mjhaps:

Today I completed Surah 23 Al-Mu'minoon (The Believers)

My favorite ayat that I want to highlight is one where Allah addresses the disbelievers' false idea of associating other gods with Allah;

91. No son (or offspring or children) did Allah beget, nor is there any ilah (god) along with Him; (if there had been many gods), behold, each god would have taken away what he had created, and some would have tried to overcome others! Glorified be Allah above all that they attribute to Him!

:cosbyhmm:This is fascinating as Allah delves into how such a false scenario of multiple gods would look like, and why its unreasonable.
Each would have had his own creations, and there would be fights among these (false)gods for superiority:ohhh:

Then Allah ends the ayah, by saying whatever false idols, or gods are attributed to him
He is greater than that. Allahu Akbar :rejoice:

Thanks guys for the feedback.:mjhaps:

Today I completed Surah 23 Al-Mu'minoon (The Believers)

My favorite ayat that I want to highlight is one where Allah addresses the disbelievers' false idea of associating other gods with Allah;

91. No son (or offspring or children) did Allah beget, nor is there any ilah (god) along with Him; (if there had been many gods), behold, each god would have taken away what he had created, and some would have tried to overcome others! Glorified be Allah above all that they attribute to Him!

:cosbyhmm:This is fascinating as Allah delves into how such a false scenario of multiple gods would look like, and why its unreasonable.
Each would have had his own creations, and there would be fights among these (false)gods for superiority:ohhh:

Then Allah ends the ayah, by saying whatever false idols, or gods are attributed to him
He is greater than that. Allahu Akbar :rejoice:

What if false "gods" exist today and they fight for power and wealth all the time?:ohhh:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
What if false "gods" exist today and they fight for power and wealth all the time?:ohhh:

I think in the ayat it describes a scenario of actual gods, as in they are divine and have the power to create.

But I get what you are saying that there are people taken as false gods.:mjhaps:

I completed Surah 21 Al-Anbiya (The Prophets) recently. My favorite ayats included a few where Allah speaks about His creation;

16. We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them for a (mere) play .

This is the reason I believe in God. There is no rational mind that can accept a lack of reason and meaning behind The Universe and what it contains of life. Sheer amazement. Certainty/Yaqiin will come in its own time, but it is worth the gamble in Faith given the evidence in front of us human beings.

Last edited:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
^Thanks walaal.:mjhaps:

Today I completed Surah 24 Al-Nuur(The Light), most interesting ayat was one where Allah decrees the hijab.

HpXqyLZ.jpg

31.And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.

:cosbyhmm:I did some research and found the women of the time before Islam wore khimars that covered only their heads like their Christian counterparts at the time, but exposed their chest/neck. Here in this ayat Allah decrees the hijab, and commands that our sisters expand the khimar to not only cover the head but to cover the neck/chest/etc. And also as important a code of conduct that comes with it like lowering your gaze from looking at forbidden things like us men have to do as well.:wow:

I also noted in this ayat the word I highlighted (be-Khumiri-hina)is possessive form of word Khimaar, Somali equivalent of
Qamaar/headcover.:ohhh:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Finished yesterday Surah 25 Al-Furqaan The Criterion(ie the Quran)

The surah covered alot of what pagans and disbelievers of the time (and today say) said of our Prophet Mohamed and Islam in general;

4. Those who disbelieve say: "This (the Qur'an) is nothing but a lie that he (Muhammad
saws.gif
) has invented, and others have helped him at it
, so that they have produced an unjust wrong (thing) and a lie."

5. And they say: "Tales of the ancients, which he has written down, and they are dictated to him morning and afternoon."

21. And those who expect not for a Meeting with Us (i.e. those who deny the Day of Resurrection and the life of the Hereafter), say: "Why are not the angels sent down to us, or why do we not see our Lord?" Indeed they think too highly of themselves, and are scornful with great pride.

This is a common question of disbelievers, but Allah striking it down as arrogance Subxanallah.:wow:

22. On the Day they will see the angels, no glad tidings will there be for the Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) that day. And they (angels) will say: "All kinds of glad tidings are forbidden for you," [None will be allowed to enter Paradise except the one who said: La ilaha ill-Allah, "(none has the right to be worshipped but Allah) and acted practically on its legal orders and obligations].

Allah reminding us this veil we perceive as reality will be lifted.:kanyehmm:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I completed Surah 26 Ash-Shu'ara' (The Poets) today at lunch, my favorite ayats addressed why the Quran was revealed to the Arabs instead of other groups of people.:ooh:

192. And truly, this (the Qur'an) is a revelation from the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists),

193. Which the trustworthy Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] has brought down;

194. Upon your heart (O Muhammad
saws.gif
) that you may be (one) of the warners,

195. In the plain Arabic language.

198. And if We had revealed it (this Qur'an) unto any of the non-Arabs,

199. And he had recited it unto them, they would not have believed in it.

:cosbyhmm:Them in this case is the people of Makkah, who were Arabs at the time.
Remember Prophet Ibrahim had built the Kaaba before Jews and Arabs had come into existence. With the Kaaba ie the symbolic House of Allah filled with false idols from the Arabs, Allah addressed this by sending our Prophet Mohammed with the Quran.:wow:
Had he chosen a Jew, Roman, etc to speak to the Arabs they would have rejected it as ayat 198-199 says above.:ohhh:

I had wondered about this before, its good to have Allahs reasoning on this Alxamdulilah:rejoice:

@kickz

Lisan Al Arab was the dominant language back then much like English is today, according to our classical scholars and historical records the Persian's, Habeshi's and the Egyptian's all spoke it, as did the people in Sham, Yemen and the whole of the Arabian Peninsula.

Hebrew/Aramaic used to be the dominant languages before but those language were dying out much like Latin did in Europe. There was no translators for Salman al Farasi or Negus of Abyssinia, neither for Shuaib al Rumi (The Roman companion)

There were no translators for all those Jewish tribes with the corrupt Torah scattered all across Arabia along with the large Christian groups which much of the Quran discourse is towards and speaks to directly, several Christian delegation from abroad visited the Prophet and cried when they heard the Quran which is captured in verses.

Remember Hebrew/Aramaic which were the dominant language centuries before are not much different from Arabic, the Alphabets are pretty much the same, in fact the Arabic Alphabet and the preservation of root letters with all their meanings was used by a Jew in Morocco in the 8th century to preserve the Hebrew language.

The Quran was revealed in 7 Ahruf (dialects). It was the dominant language at that time in most regions, not some language that was spoken by a handful of Bedouins.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
@kickz

Lisan Al Arab was the dominant language back then much like English is today, according to our classical scholars and historical records the Persian's, Habeshi's and the Egyptian's all spoke it, as did the people in Sham, Yemen and the whole of the Arabian Peninsula.

Hebrew/Aramaic used to be the dominant languages before but those language were dying out much like Latin did in Europe. There was no translators for Salman al Farasi or Negus of Abyssinia, neither for Shuaib al Rumi (The Roman companion)

There were no translators for all those Jewish tribes with the corrupt Torah scattered all across Arabia along with the large Christian groups which much of the Quran discourse is towards and speaks to directly, several Christian delegation from abroad visited the Prophet and cried when they heard the Quran which is captured in verses.

Remember Hebrew/Aramaic which were the dominant language centuries before are not much different from Arabic, the Alphabets are pretty much the same, in fact the Arabic Alphabet and the preservation of root letters with all their meanings was used by a Jew in Morocco in the 8th century to preserve the Hebrew language.

The Quran was revealed in 7 Ahruf (dialects). It was the dominant language at that time in most regions, not some language that was spoken by a handful of Bedouins.

I see, so regardless of what community the Prophet had come from, the language would have always been Arabic.

I see, so regardless of what community the Prophet had come from, the language would have always been Arabic.

The expectation would be that the revelation is revealed in a dominant language spoken by a large group of people at that time, it wouldn't make much sense if all those Israelite & Christian tribes present didn't speak Arabic for which the quran dedicates a lot of discourse to especially the Israelite's who all congregated in the Arabian peninsula awaiting the final messenger (after being expelled by the Roman's from Palestine)

The proof is in the pudding, it's the most well preserved ancient language today, anyone with decent Arabic can pick up a 1000+ year old classical works and read it without any problems and without having to be a scholar, like you have to in ancient Hebrew/Latin etc.

The old learned christian's in Europe would have known Aramaic which is the language the Son of Mary spoke and the dominant language of the Assyrian empire before, Arabic/Aramaic/Hebrew all the same family group sharing the same Alphabet.

Umar ibn Khattab was able to read what remained of the Torah which the Israelite tribes held without any problems according to the hadiths as did many other companions who even quote from them

The notion that only a few Bedouins in the Arabian deserts spoke the language is a joke, and even worse that this had to then be translated to the Christian/Jewish tribes that fled there awaiting the final messenger, these people regularly interacted with the Prophet and the companions.

Status
Not open for further replies.