Reading the whole Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completed Surah 16 An-Nahl(The Bees) today.

Found some interesting ayats confirming that as the Quran was revealed over 20+ years to our Prophet Mohamed, some ayats overruled previous ones.

101. And when We change a Verse [of the Qur'an, i.e. cancel (abrogate) its order] in place of another, and Allah knows the best of what He sends down, they (the disbelievers) say: "You (O Muhammad
saws.gif
) are but a Muftari! (forger, liar)." Nay, but most of them know not.

-From my understanding this was done to smooth the transition for pagans old jaahil ways of living to current Islam we have today.:wow:

102. Say (O Muhammad
saws.gif
) Ruh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)] has brought it (the Qur'an) down from your Lord with truth, that it may make firm and strengthen (the Faith of) those who believe and as a guidance and glad tidings to those who have submitted (to Allah as Muslims).

103. And indeed We know that they (polytheists and pagans) say: "It is only a human being who teaches him (Muhammad
saws.gif
).
" The tongue of the man they refer to is foreign, while this (the Qur'an) is a clear Arabic tongue.

The last ayat here was interesting in that the Arabic of the Quran was different enough that the Arabs thought it was a foreign language Jibreel was revealing it in.:ohhh:
A little correction, the last verse refers to the non-muslims saying that the Prophet
saws.gif
was fed information by a non-arab he used to sit with. Allahs response is that the Qur´aan, with its linguistical superiority, impossibly could have been the product of an arab, so how could it be taught to him
saws.gif
by a non-arab?

I highly rejoice in you reflections of the Qur´aan, keep them coming! Your reward is with Allah, in shaa Allah.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
A little correction, the last verse refers to the non-muslims saying that the Prophet
saws.gif
was fed information by a non-arab he used to sit with. Allahs response is that the Qur´aan, with its linguistical superiority, impossibly could have been the product of an arab, so how could it be taught to him
saws.gif
by a non-arab?

I highly rejoice in you reflections of the Qur´aan, keep them coming! Your reward is with Allah, in shaa Allah.

Thank you for the correction walaal.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I finished this week, Surah 17 Al-Israa (The Journey By Night) and Surah 18 Al-Kahf ( The Cave)

Interesting Ayat I came across in Surah Al-Israa was an explanation on why the Quran is divided into Surahs.

oKjdtHb.jpg

106. And (it is) a Qur'an which We have divided (into parts), in order that you might recite it to men at intervals. And We have revealed it by stages. (in 23 years).

Very interesting to have explanation on Allah's reasoning for things He decrees
even when its something as simple as this Subxanallah. :wow:

I finished this week, Surah 17 Al-Israa (The Journey By Night) and Surah 18 Al-Kahf ( The Cave)

Interesting Ayat I came across in Surah Al-Israa was an explanation on why the Quran is divided into Surahs.

oKjdtHb.jpg

106. And (it is) a Qur'an which We have divided (into parts), in order that you might recite it to men at intervals. And We have revealed it by stages. (in 23 years).
Very interesting to have explanation on Allahs reasoning for things He decrees even when its something as simple as this Subxanallah. :wow:

I hope you deeply understand surah kahf, one of my favorite surahs, the end scares me a lot though

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I hope you deeply understand surah kahf, one of my favorite surahs, the end scares me a lot though

The Surah did cover some very interesting topics such as the people of the Cave, Khidr and Musa, and also Dhul-Qarnayn and Yajuj Majuj.

What do you mean the end scared you?

The Surah did cover some very interesting topics such as the people of the Cave, Khidr and Musa, and also Dhul-Qarnayn and Yajuj Majuj.

What do you mean the end scared you?

Verses 99-106 are extremely powerful once you understand the reality of the world we live in today, ask Allah to open your breast to the Quran and renew your intention if they don't have an effect on you

For those that set on a journey to learn Quran Tafseer, do you guys just read the translation and just move on?

There are usually deeper meanings behind the ayah which are summed up in stories.

I just attend a sheikhs class who gives quran tafsiir, and there are usually explainations behind the reasons the ayah was revealed and extract the true meaning behind it.

For those that set on a journey to learn Quran Tafseer, do you guys just read the translation and just move on?

There are usually deeper meanings behind the ayah which are summed up in stories.

I just attend a sheikhs class who gives quran tafsiir, and there are usually explainations behind the reasons the ayah was revealed and extract the true meaning behind it.
You could get certain tafsir books which explain in depth and also the stories behind each verse or Surah

You could get certain tafsir books which explain in depth and also the stories behind each verse or Surah

I agree, but the thing is that those books are usually in Arabic. Its difficult to find ones that explain proper meaning in english but then again the Qurans Fusha arabic looses its pure meaning when translated to another language.

I had a tafseer book in Somali that explained everything, but I decided going to a Halaqah would be better.

Btw welcome back :nvjpqts:

I agree, but the thing is that those books are usually in Arabic. Its difficult to find ones that explain proper meaning in english but then again the Qurans Fusha arabic looses its pure meaning when translated to another language.

I had a tafseer book in Somali that explained everything, but I decided going to a Halaqah would be better.

Btw welcome back :nvjpqts:
Why not use the tafseer book and attend the Halaqah, and maybe use the tafseer as a reference for when something is not entirely clear? So as to maximize the benefit.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

Current Tafsir book I am reading does match hadeeth to the tafsir of the ayats to give more context. But I agree with what you are saying and I have watched lectures on the side to supplement the information further.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Finished Surah 19 Maryam today, this conversation between Prophet Ibrahim and his father was interesting;

42. When he said to his father: "O my father! Why do you worship that which hears not, sees not and cannot avail you in anything?

43. "O my father! Verily! There has come to me of knowledge that which came not unto you. So follow me. I will guide you to a Straight Path.

44. "O my father! Worship not Shaitan (Satan). Verily! Shaitan (Satan) has been a rebel against the Most Beneficent (Allah).

45. "O my father! Verily! I fear lest a torment from the Most Beneficent (Allah) overtake you, so that you become a companion of Shaitan (Satan) (in the Hell-fire)." [Tafsir Al-Qurtubi]

46. He (the father) said: "Do you reject my gods, O Ibrahim (Abraham)? If you stop not (this), I will indeed stone you. So get away from me safely before I punish you."

This must've been heartbreaking for Prophet Ibrahim to have his loved one unable to see the truth he was conveying.:mjcry:

47. Ibrahim (Abraham) said: "Peace be on you! I will ask Forgiveness of my Lord for you. Verily! He is unto me, Ever Most Gracious.

That humility he answered with and sense of hope is a lesson for us when we try and give dac'wah to our loved ones.:wow:

Finished Surah 19 Maryam today, this conversation between Prophet Ibrahim and his father was interesting;

42. When he said to his father: "O my father! Why do you worship that which hears not, sees not and cannot avail you in anything?

43. "O my father! Verily! There has come to me of knowledge that which came not unto you. So follow me. I will guide you to a Straight Path.

44. "O my father! Worship not Shaitan (Satan). Verily! Shaitan (Satan) has been a rebel against the Most Beneficent (Allah).

45. "O my father! Verily! I fear lest a torment from the Most Beneficent (Allah) overtake you, so that you become a companion of Shaitan (Satan) (in the Hell-fire)." [Tafsir Al-Qurtubi]

46. He (the father) said: "Do you reject my gods, O Ibrahim (Abraham)? If you stop not (this), I will indeed stone you. So get away from me safely before I punish you."

This must've been heartbreaking for Prophet Ibrahim to have his loved one unable to see the truth he was conveying.:mjcry:

47. Ibrahim (Abraham) said: "Peace be on you! I will ask Forgiveness of my Lord for you. Verily! He is unto me, Ever Most Gracious.

That humility he answered with and sense of hope is a lesson for us when we try and give dac'wah to our loved ones.:wow:

Ibrahim (as) my favourite after Rasul Allah saw; he is like the father of Tawheed

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Ibrahim (as) my favourite after Rasul Allah saw; he is like the father of Tawheed

Indeed he was an amazing man, as shown by the fact Allah called him his friend, subxanallah :wow:

Surah 4 An-Nisa;
125. And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism); and he is a Muhsin (a good-doer - see V.2:112). And follows the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone). And Allah did take Ibrahim (Abraham) as a Khalil (an intimate friend)

Indeed he was an amazing man, as shown by the fact Allah called him his friend, subxanallah :wow:

Surah 4 An-Nisa;
125. And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism); and he is a Muhsin (a good-doer - see V.2:112). And follows the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone). And Allah did take Ibrahim (Abraham) as a Khalil (an intimate friend)

You too can be become a khalil of Allah azza wajjal if you follow the footsteps of Ibrahim as:samwelcome:

So this spring, I have started a new routine of reading Quran during daily lunch break at work. I have finished it once already and this month I started over, this time with Tafsir/translation.

I am gonna post interesting, and intriguing ayats I come across during my daily reading here.:siilaanyosmile:

At the beginning this was a chore, but its become a favorite part of my day right now:ahh:

Currently on Surah 5 Al-Ma'ida:yacadiim:
May Allah reward you in this world and in the afterlife for your hard work. Aameen

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Finished Surah 20 Ta-ha today, some ayats I want to highlight includes first when Allah introduces Himself to Prophet Moses for the first time.

14. "Verily! I am Allah! La ilaha illa Ana (none has the right to be worshipped but I), so worship Me, and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) for My Remembrance.

Typically you read La ilaha illa Allah(God), or La ilaha illa Huwa(HIm), first time I have seen it written like this with Ana(Me/I) at the end. This is far more personal as Allah is saying directly none has the right to be worshipped but "Me", Subxanallah.:wow1:

In the very next ayat Allah talks of the coming day of Judgement, but here its unique as He explains why He does not reveal its exact time to anyone including Moses, Jesus, Prophet Mohamed or even Chief of the Angels Jibreel.

15. "Verily, the Hour is coming and My Will is to keep it hidden that every person may be rewarded for that which he strives.

What I surmise from this is knowledge of when the Yomul-Qiyamah will come will cause us not to strive for it, its also a very insightful look into us as a creation from Allahs point of view and how we tend to behave .:wow:

Nice topic
Do you know any good app or website with somali audio for listening the quran

Ive tried numerous apps but they all dont seem to have somali audio..

Status
Not open for further replies.