Reading the whole Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
So this spring, I have started a new routine of reading Quran during daily lunch break at work. I have finished it once already and this month I started over, this time with Tafsir/translation.

I am gonna post interesting, and intriguing ayats I come across during my daily reading here.:siilaanyosmile:

At the beginning this was a chore, but its become a favorite part of my day right now:ahh:

Currently on Surah 5 Al-Ma'ida:yacadiim:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
An example of a recent intriguing Ayat I read rebuking the Christian belief of the trinity in Surah Al-Nissaa aya 171;

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.

That rebuke brehs:ohhh:

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
So this spring, I have started a new routine of reading Quran during daily lunch break at work. I have finished it once already and this month I started over, this time with Tafsir/translation.

I am gonna post interesting, and intriguing ayats I come across during my daily reading here.:siilaanyosmile:

At the beginning this was a chore, but its become a favorite part of my day right now:ahh:

Currently on Surah 5 Al-Ma'ida:yacadiim:
Masha allah. How many juz do you do per day? I might do this with you however the tafsir part will likely take twice as long.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Masha allah. How many juz do you do per day? I might do this with you however the tafsir part will likely take twice as long.

I am only doing 4 pages a day, along with the tafsir for those pages as I only have 1 hour for the lunch break:damedamn:

That'd be cool if you read along with me, we can compare notes on interesting ayat:mjhaps:

Sounds like a great project. It's what I do, though not every day. Most people don't read the Qur'an. Few have read it from cover to cover. They spend all their life trying to memorize, and never getting beyond the first Juz. That's a waste of time. You should read it like a normal book from beginning to end to understand what's in it.

People used to memorize things before the invention of print because there were hardly any books around, and most people were illiterate anyway, so they had to remember what could not be conveyed to them by writing. After the invention of the printing press, and the dawn of mass literacy, the need for memorization is over.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Sounds like a great project. It's what I do, though not every day. Most people don't read the Qur'an. Few have read it from cover to cover. They spend all their life trying to memorize, and never getting beyond the first Juz. That's a waste of time. You should read it like a normal book from beginning to end to understand what's in it.

People used to memorize things before the invention of print because there were hardly any books around, and most people were illiterate anyway, so they had to remember what could not be conveyed to them by writing. After the invention of the printing press, and the dawn of mass literacy, the need for memorization is over.

I know this was the first time I had finished the Quran cover to cover.:wow:

But I think memorization is still a good thing, for you need to perform your salaah by heart and not reading.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
WARYAA, AF SOOMAALI KU AKHRI :fittytousand:

Haye, hadda ma muslim baad sheegan? What happened to feeling "90% athiest/agnostic":ohreally:
I'm a Muslim. I don't know why people always bring that up. I feel like I'm agnostic at times when I have questions about certain thing that are "haram" to question.:trumpsmirk: I've never said I'm not Muslim.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Finished Sura 5 Al-Ma'ida at lunch today.:mjhaps:

The last few ayats , gave the meaning behind the Surah's name Al-Ma'ida (The Table Spread).

But the interesting thing was one, for the first time it confirms the Disciples of Jesus, and it also in away confirms the inspiration for the famous Christian imagery of the last supper with Jesus and his disciples.:ohhh:

111. And [remember] when I inspired to the disciples, "Believe in Me and in My messenger Jesus." They said, "We have believed, so bear witness that indeed we are Muslims [in submission to Allah ]."

112. [And remember] when the disciples said, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, can your Lord send down to us a table [spread with food] from the heaven? [Jesus] said," Fear Allah, if you should be believers."

113. They said, "We wish to eat from it and let our hearts be reassured and know that you have been truthful to us and be among its witnesses."

114. Said Jesus, the son of Mary, "O Allah, our Lord, send down to us a table [spread with food] from the heaven to be for us a festival for the first of us and the last of us and a sign from You. And provide for us, and You are the best of providers."

115. Allah said, "Indeed, I will sent it down to you, but whoever disbelieves afterwards from among you - then indeed will I punish him with a punishment by which I have not punished anyone among the worlds."

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Wow I didn't know Somalis in the west read the Koran. I'm a fob and I only know 4 or 5 Surat. My siblings barely know alxamdu

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
These ayats stuck out to me today from Surah 6 Al-An'caam.

Allah addressing common talking points of anti-Islam trolls and athiests trolls alike:ooh:

7. And even if We had sent down unto you (O Muhammad
saws.gif
) a Message written on paper so that they could touch it with their hands, the disbelievers would have said: "This is nothing but obvious magic!"

-Thought this ayah was interesting as it addresses common talking point as to why Quran wasn't sent in book form from the beginning.:ohhh:

25. And of them there are some who listen to you(Muhammad
saws.gif
); but We have set veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they see every one of the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) they will not believe therein; to the point that when they come to you to argue with you, the disbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the men of old."

-Christians like to use this alot saying the Quran is just plagiarism :mjhaps:

29. And they said: "There is no (other life) but our (present) life of this world, and never shall we be resurrected (on the Day of Resurrection)."

-Common talking point of athiesm, in death there is nothing after it. :wow:

If you could but see when they will be held (brought and made to stand) in front of their Lord! He will say: "Is not this (Resurrection and the taking of the accounts) the truth?" They will say: "Yes, by our Lord!" He will then say: "So taste you the torment because you used not to believe."
May Allah guide us all to the right path.:rejoice:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I only knew of Christians and Jews as recent guided nations, but had never heard of Sabians prior to this ayah below, apparently they were also a nation like the former two who believed in Islamic Monotheism. :ohhh:

Surah Baqarah Aya 62;

nT9H76Q.jpg

62) Surely those who believe (who are “âmenû”), and those who are Jews and the Christians and the Sabians, whoever (amongst those) believes in Allah and the Last Day and does righteous deeds (purifies their soul’s heart), they shall have their Reward with their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

Upon further research, they lived in what is present day Iraq, and believed like Jews and Christians in Allah.:wow:

They are mentioned a second time in the Quran in the previous Surah I just finished, Al-Ma'ida;

“Surely, those who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah, in His Messenger Muhammad and all that was revealed to him from Allaah), and those who are the Jews and the Sabians [wa’l-saabi’oon] and the Christians, — whosoever believed in Allaah and the Last Day, and worked righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve”

[al-Maa’idah 5:69]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending