Reading the whole Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Been awhile I have posted in here, because of vacation, I am currently reading Surah 28 Al-Qasas(The Narrative).

Not finished reading it yet

Merca

Inactive.
I'm trying to memorize the whole Quran from start as well. I'm at Surah An-Naba rn. May Allah make it easy for all of us!

33. And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating.

Imagine ayats like these that 1400+ years ago would have to be taken on belief that we can now begin to confirm with our current science today, just shows how timeless the Quran is. :rejoice:
And it makes me interested in what later scientific discoveries may be able to explain further in the Quran that we currently have no explanation for.

Notice how the sun/moon described as being in "orbit" which runs contrary to the Copernican sun worship model in which the sun was stationary and at the centre (later revised to be shooting through space)

This Ayah based on the translation you provided still refutes this because it describes the sun as "orbiting" which runs contrary to heliocentric sun worship doctrines which tell us that 'planet's" orbit around the sun but the sun doesn't orbit around anything, now think about this for a moment and ask yourself what exactly is the sun "orbiting" around then ?

As you read the Quran you will find this common theme of the sun/moon orbiting but nothing about the earth moving or orbiting at all, because just as we observe with our own eyes everything orbits around the earth as understood by virtually all civilisations until the satanists took control.

I will join you in the Ayah a day reflection and pondering Inshallah from now on wards, the more people the better.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Recently completed Surah 28 Al-Qasaas (The Narration)

My favorite ayahs had to do with Prophet Muusa's mother and the sabr she had to endure as Allah had taken her child from her (Muusa) for a time.

10. And the heart of the mother of Musa (Moses) became empty [from every thought, except the thought of Musa (Moses)]. She was very near to disclose his (case, i.e. the child is her son), had We not strengthened her heart (with Faith), so that she might remain as one of the believers.

11. And she said to his [Musa's (Moses)] sister: "Follow him." So she (his sister) watched him from a far place secretly, while they perceived not.

12. And We had already forbidden (other) foster suckling mothers for him, until she (his sister came up and) said: "Shall I direct you to a household who will rear him for you, and sincerely they will look after him in a good manner?"

13. So did We restore him to his mother, that she might be delighted, and that she might not grieve, and that she might know that the Promise of Allah is true. But most of them know not.

Subxanallah, Muusa refused as an infant to be breastfed by the servants of the Pharaoh, and this lead to his own mother breastfeeding him. The planning of Allah, is amazing.:lawd:

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Mashallah. Why am I finding this thread only now?

I also started doing this couple days ago. Currently at al-An'am. So far, it's really interesting. It's my first time reading these surahs.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Started during lunch beak today on Surah 32 As-Sajdah(The Prostration)

I always like ayats the inform us more on the nature and attributes of Allah (SWT), and I liked the following ayat because of this;

Translation;
5. He arranges (every) affair from the heavens to the earth, then it (affair) will go up to Him, in one Day, the space whereof is a thousand years of your reckoning (i.e. reckoning of our present world's time).

Tafsir;
That is, “The events of a thousand years of your history are a day’s work for Allah.” He entrusts His scheme of work to the “angels of destiny”, who submit their report of work before Him and receive orders for the scheme of the next day (whose length according to your calculation would be a thousand years).

:ohhh:Imagine to Allah, what we count as a millennium ie 1,000 years is only 1 day for Him.
In that case the Prophet Mohamed was around only about 1.5 days ago, and Jesus 2 days ago.
And Pharaoh of Egypt 5 days ago:wow:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I finished today Surah 33 Al-Ahzab(The Confederates), the ayat that interested me in this surah was an interesting one where Allah speaks on behalf of the Prophet Mohamed and essentially gives house rules for visitors of the Prophets house.

53. O you who believe! Enter not the Prophet's houses, except when leave is given to you for a meal, (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation. But when you are invited, enter, and when you have taken your meal, disperse, without sitting for a talk.

Basically Allah saying don't come in unless invited, and don't loiter and wait for the food to be made, and once you have eaten don't overstay your welcome. :ohhh:

53.Verily, such (behaviour) annoys the Prophet, and he is shy of (asking) you (to go), but Allah is not shy of (telling you) the truth.

The Prophet is to shy to say these things to the Saxaaba so Allah says it for him:kendrickcry:

Imagine Allah, speaking on your behalf as to what causes you discomfort. Our Prophet is held in such a high standard by the Creator of the Universe.:mjcry:

:wow:And a few ayats later its established by Allah for us to say our blessings to the Prophet Mohamed (Salallahu Calayhi Wasallam);

56. Allah sends His Salat (Graces, Honours, Blessings, Mercy, etc.) on the Prophet (Muhammad
saws.gif
) and also His angels too (ask Allah to bless and forgive him). O you who believe! Send your Salat on (ask Allah to bless) him (Muhammad
saws.gif
), and (you should) greet (salute) him with the Islamic way of greeting (salutation i.e. As-Salamu 'Alaikum).

Last edited:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Completed Surah 35 Al-Fatir (The Originator) this week.

The ayah that stuck out to me, was Allah giving an example of The resurrection of humanity, through everyday nature.

9. And it is Allah Who sends the winds, so that they raise up the clouds, and We drive them to a dead land, and revive therewith the earth after its death. As such (will be) the Resurrection!

This brought to mind, some of those nature docs like Planet Earth, where a sudden rain storm would bring to life a desert/drought stricken land, and it would become temporarily teaming with greenery and life. Every time we see that, Allah is giving us an example of the day the Second Trumpet will sound and we will all be assembled.:wow:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I completed today Surah 39 Az-Zumar (The Groups)

I found this ayat interesting on the trials Allah gives us;

When harm touches man, he calls to Us (for help), then when We have (rescued him from that harm and) changed it into a favour from Us, he says: "Only because of knowledge (that I possess) I obtained it." Nay, it is only a trial, but most of them know not!

Reminded me of how often we get into some kinda of trouble and ask Allah for help, only to completely forget shortly after the trial has passed.:wow:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Currently reading Surah 40 Ghafir(The Forgiver)

I read this ayat that names a few of the accomplices of the Pharoah of Egypt;

23. And indeed We sent Musa (Moses) with Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), and a manifest authority,

24. To Fir'aun (Pharaoh), Haman and Qarun (Korah), but they called (him): "A sorcerer, a liar!"

25. Then, when he brought them the Truth from Us, they said: "Kill the sons of those who believe with him and let their women live", but the plots of disbelievers are nothing but errors!

Never seen before the Pharaohs council named directly in the Quran, Haman and Qarun are pretty much being implicated here as being just as guilty as the Pharaoh.:cosbyhmm:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Recently started Surah 41 Fussilat (Expounded)

My favorite ayats are always when Allah reveals to us something about Himself, here it is about the creation of the Universe;

9. Say (O Muhammad
saws.gif
): "Do you verily disbelieve in Him Who created the earth in two Days and you set up rivals (in worship) with Him? That is the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

11. Then He Istawa (rose over) towards the heaven when it was smoke, and said to it and to the earth: "Come both of you willingly or unwillingly." They both said: "We come, willingly."

Tafsir-
First, by heaven is meant the whole universe, as becomes obvious from the following sentences. In other words, turning to the heaven means that Allah turned to the creation of the universe.

Second, by smoke is implied the initial and primary stage of matter, in which it lay diffused in space in a shapeless, dust like condition before the formation of the universe. Scientists of the modern age describe the same thing as nebulae, and the same also is their view about the beginning of the universe: that is, before creation the matter of which the universe was built lay diffused in smoke-like nebulous form.

Third, In these words "Come both of you willingly or unwillingly." Allah has described the nature of His method of creation in a manner as to differentiate between divine creation and human workmanship. When man wants to make something, he prepares a plan for it in his mind, and in the process of his effort the material which he wants to mold according to his mental plan constantly resists him. Now, consider Allah’s mode of creation. The matter of the universe lay scattered and diffused in the form of smoke. Allah willed to give it the shape of the universe as it is now.

:gucciwhat: To think an illiterate merchant would have access to this kind of knowledge 1400+ years ago, there is no doubt this Book is a miracle. Alxamdulilah :rejoice:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Completed today Surah 56 Al-Waqiah(The Event)

The most interesting thing I came across from this Surah is that on the Day of Judgement everyone will be split into 3 groups.

7. And you (all) will be in three kinds (i.e. separate groups).

8. So those on the Right Hand (i.e. those who will be given their Records in their right hands), Who will be those on the Right Hand? (As a respect for them, because they will enter Paradise).

9. And those on the Left Hand (i.e. those who will be given their Record in their left hands), Who will be those on the Left Hand? (As a disgrace for them, because they will enter Hell).

10. And those foremost [(in Islamic Faith of Monotheism and in performing righteous deeds) in the life of this world on the very first call for to embrace Islam,] will be foremost (in Paradise).

11. These will be those nearest to Allah.

:ohhh:Never knew that we would be split in 3 groups upon resurrection on the Day of Judgement, with Ramadan coming to a close, may Allah make us among the two good groups.:rejoice:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Recently completed Surah 61 As-Saff (The Row) and my favorite ayah was Prophet Jesus announcing the coming of our Prophet.

6. And (remember) when 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you confirming the Taurat [(Torah) which came before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed .
But when he (Ahmed i.e. Muhammad
saws.gif
) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic."

It's said there was some 500 years between Jesus and our Prophet Mohamed, imagine the honor of your future arrival being announced so far ahead Subxanallah.:wow:

Subeer

Men are asleep but at death they will awake!
Started during lunch beak today on Surah 32 As-Sajdah(The Prostration)

I always like ayats the inform us more on the nature and attributes of Allah (SWT), and I liked the following ayat because of this;

Translation;
5. He arranges (every) affair from the heavens to the earth, then it (affair) will go up to Him, in one Day, the space whereof is a thousand years of your reckoning (i.e. reckoning of our present world's time).

Tafsir;
That is, “The events of a thousand years of your history are a day’s work for Allah.” He entrusts His scheme of work to the “angels of destiny”, who submit their report of work before Him and receive orders for the scheme of the next day (whose length according to your calculation would be a thousand years).

:ohhh:Imagine to Allah, what we count as a millennium ie 1,000 years is only 1 day for Him.
In that case the Prophet Mohamed was around only about 1.5 days ago, and Jesus 2 days ago.
And Pharaoh of Egypt 5 days ago:wow:

That actually gives a new perspective to the 2
verses in sura Maarij

"Indeed they see it (judgement day) as distant, but we see it (as) near"

70:6 and 70:7

I want to do this as I have never read the whole book but I was watching a lecture where the guy basically said not to rush the reading. What do you guys think? I am going through a Depression and need some answers about pretty much everything. Currently have the qur'an playing and have had all day tbh. It is very soothing mashaAllah.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I want to do this as I have never read the whole book but I was watching a lecture where the guy basically said not to rush the reading. What do you guys think? I am going through a Depression and need some answers about pretty much everything. Currently have the qur'an playing and have had all day tbh. It is very soothing mashaAllah.

I would definitely encourage you to read the Quran and understand its meaning. I would recommend looking into a tafsir book that gives not only translation of ayats but also Hadith quotes that give context to the ayats you are reading.

So this spring, I have started a new routine of reading Quran during daily lunch break at work. I have finished it once already and this month I started over, this time with Tafsir/translation.

I am gonna post interesting, and intriguing ayats I come across during my daily reading here.:siilaanyosmile:

At the beginning this was a chore, but its become a favorite part of my day right now:ahh:

Currently on Surah 5 Al-Ma'ida:yacadiim:
Can you read it in arabic? because i can't it's depressing and the english translation just doesn't feel the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending