Random Puntland politics discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Speaking of mirqaan and khat:

View attachment 156848

Puntland region's entire export sector was predicted to bring in around half the revenue of its Khat industry.

Estimated revenue lost to Puntland region from aviation + all sales + all stamp duties = Khat revenue loss!

Mirqaan is a big part of your local budget, I would not hate on it.

No wonder your currency has been nuked and you are experiencing hyperinflation at rates never seen before in the region. You do not have a viable economy; your entire export revenue was predicted to be around US$4.5 million, this is shocking.

Puntland region is a good case of mismanagement and how it kills an already struggling local economy.
8 million dollars, wow. That’s nothing compared to Somaliland where it’s a 500 million dollar industry, the largest.

So large is the khat industry that 90% of males and 20% of women chew khat.

It’s a crackhead region.

:mjlaugh:

repo

VIP
After going viral for mocking their pet @Mckenzie's people getting blown to smitheerens, a rape epidemic nobody is safe from, the Isaaq are now saying their Mickey mouse currency is being used in Puntland to feel good about themselves

This is beyond khat usage, it has to be a psychological problem in them. Puntland has undergone a dollarization, not a khatzation.

8 million dollars, wow. That’s nothing compared to Somaliland where it’s a 500 million dollar industry, the largest.

So large is the khat industry that 90% of males and 20% of women chew khat.

It’s a crackhead region.

:mjlaugh:

When you factor in the 70% revenue shortfall, Puntland region roughly generates $28,039,999 in internal revenue.

As a comparison, the Kalabaydh custom of Somaliland alone generated $32,315,814.

The 8 million of lost Khat revenue would have made Puntland region beat Kalabaydh custom. That would have been huge, given the 44% inflation, and dying economy.

repo

VIP
When you factor in the 70% revenue shortfall, Puntland region roughly generates $28,039,999 in internal revenue.

As a comparison, the Kalabaydh custom of Somaliland alone generated $32,315,814.

The 8 million of lost Khat revenue would have made Puntland region beat Kalabaydh custom. That would have been huge, given the 44% inflation, and dying economy.
There is no 70% revenue shortage. The new budget contradicted the World Bank estimate from June.

Perhaps you should put down that leaf of yours and pay attention.

repo

VIP
Did since more digging on the allegations.

The actual story of the thread:
"Some bosaaso based businessman are threatening the govt that we'll import and use SL currency BECAUSE PL Admin have stopped accepting tax payments with Somali Currency to only US Dollar"

Hope that clears up the story
Oh they are threatening, it's misleading as usual. The khat addicts unbelievable.

Mods you know what to do.

:drakekidding:

There is no 70% revenue shortage. The new budget contradicted the World Bank estimate from June.

Perhaps you should put down that leaf of yours and pay attention.

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 10.32.40.png

68%.

It makes sense for your region to suffer a catastrophic 44% inflation. Lack of revenue and years of printing counterfeit notes would do that.

repo

VIP
View attachment 156858

68%.

It makes sense for your region to suffer a catastrophic 44% inflation. Lack of revenue and years of printing counterfeit notes would do that.
I know your region suffers from a 50% literacy rate, but that's from June, the budget was announced last month.

At least be more creative if you will make up bullshit.

I know your region suffers from a 50% literacy rate, but that's from June, the budget was announced last month.

At least be more creative if you will make up bullshit.

Nope. This is the impact of covid on your desert region:

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 10.33.26.png

Completely brought the Puntland desert region's economy to its knees.

Which is why your region is currently suffering one of the highest rates of inflation in the world.

repo

VIP
Nope. This is the impact of covid on your desert region:

View attachment 156860

Completely brought the Puntland desert region's economy to its knees.

Which is why your region is currently suffering one of the highest rates of inflation in the world.
It's like talking to a mentally disabled kid. Hargeisa's mickey mouse currency will never be used outside the city, they don't even like to use it in Borama where they prefer birr. Laascaanood uses the Somali shilling.

The only thing you will be exporting will be the HIV epidemic in your region and Allah save us from that.

It's like talking to a mentally disabled kid. Hargeisa's mickey mouse currency will never be used outside the city, they don't even like to use it in Borama where they prefer birr. Laascaanood uses the Somali shilling.

The only thing you will be exporting will be the HIV epidemic in your region and Allah save us from that.

Your currency is is losing value at the rate of 44%, I would be mad too if I was experiencing such colossal failure of economy.

Its ok though, the Somaliland shilling will civilise the pirates of Puntland. No more printing of counterfeit notes to survive.

I hear Puntland Imams are praying in mosques for the kindness of President Muse Biixi :pachah1:

repo

VIP
Your currency is is losing value at the rate of 44%, I would be mad too if I was experiencing such colossal failure of economy.

Its ok though, the Somaliland shilling will civilise the pirates of Puntland. No more printing of counterfeit notes to survive.

I hear Puntland Imams are praying in mosques for the kindness of President Muse Biixi :pachah1:
Inflation can be controlled but improving your GDP per capita will probably take generations in your case and since Somaliland has a lower GDP per capita than Puntland, it wouldn't wise to seek economic advice from there.

High inflation happens in many countries Argentina, Lebanon, Iran, Sudan but none of the have a measly 350 dollars as a per capita, we leave that to Somaliland.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Greater Somaliland soon:pachah1:

Man those Jeegaan qaat addict never amuse me anymore. Beside the fake news they saying in thread about using Jeegaan currency , they color areas of Somaliland zone of infulence & Somaliland security buffer zone too :faysalwtf:.

Please someone give those junkies Qaat, so they stop Spam they doing :drakewtf:.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Garowe (PP News Desk) — Puntland Parliament held a parliamentary session to vote on removal of eight MPs. Thirty five MPs have voted in favour of the motion to remove parliamentary immunity of eight MPs.

The Speaker of Puntland Parliament Abdirashid Jibril organised the motion behind-the-scenes in response to a motion to unseat him. The loss of the parliamentary immunity will make the eight MPs vulnerable to detention by authorities.

FB_IMG_16069823434287754.jpg
Thirty five Puntland MPs voted in favour of a motion to remove fellow MPs’ parliamentary immunity.
There are indications that the Speaker bypassed parliamentary procedures to settle political scores. Puntland parliamentary procedures stipulate that disciplinary hearing precede any motion that could lead to loss of parliamentary immunity.

The names of the eight MPs who lost immunity are Mohamud Ahmed Alim , Musse Said Hassan (Jajabsay), Suleiman Farah Isse, Abdikani Abshir Surato, Mohamud Mohamed Bare, Abdirahman Mohamud Mohamed (Dhoorre), Abdiaziz Said Gacmay (Baduugaaye) and Abdijamal Osman Mohamed.

© Puntland Post, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts