Rageh Omaar of ITV News returns to Somaliland to update on the status of the drought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rageh's been very proactive in showcasing the human devastation faced by the victims of this drought. I have no doubt that his reporting has been a catalyst for increased donations to the DEC appeal in the UK.

Bohol

VIP
I think the reason the plea was ignored is white people are getting tired of donating to Africans year
by year. Sometimes people's patience runs out.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
I just want to see the day rageh becomes president somaliland :salute:wait hold on a minute isn't his wife white:drakelaugh:white first lady:russ:

I think the reason the plea was ignored is white people are getting tired of donating to Africans in every drought. Sometimes
people's patient runs out.

Yeah I agree there. That's a shrewd analysis. There definitely seems to be a popular backlash to the "white guilt" phenomenon in the west that was primarily used to fund these appeals in the past, and slashing foreign aid and development assistance is an effective dog whistle that's been used to signal to white working class voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts