Raas Casyr State

Tiyeglow

A Laandheere always pays his debts
The Case for Raas Casyr:
IMG_2236.jpeg

One of the most fundamental aspects that Puntland needs to address in my opinion has to be the "West vs East" divide.

Firstly, historically, the capital was Bargaal. Now I understand for pragmatic reasons it had to be a city that could be connected (hence Bosaso and then Garowe). However, the complete abandonment of the coastal Eastern towns is alarming and severe underutilisation of Puntland's potential. Murcanyo, Bargaal, Xaafuun, Xandha, Hordio and Bayla. Coastal development is greater investment and sustainable supply of economic production than any other resource. Having the longest coast, and by extension Puntland having the longest coast amongst the Goboleed's, means we must utilise it as the main source of prosperity. Right now, Bosaso & Garowe have reached their stead state in my opinion. Not much can be done to drastically improve the economic gains that can come from it (investment in the port for Bosaso maybe but doesn't drastically move the needle).

What is needed is the revival of the coastal towns of Puntland. The proposal is as follows:
- The establishment (as it has been created, however it is just dormant) of Raas Casyr.
- A treaty with Puntland. This is still part of Puntland, however a 20-30 year autonomy in order to establish the East of Puntland (coastal areas).
- Bargaal is the political centre, Bayla is the economic centre (Garowe & Bosaso respectively).
- Main area of investment would be roads. Building roads from Bayla to Qardho. Bargaal to Bosaso.
- Xaafuun: An industrial hub. Warshada cusub. This has the potential to be the largest salt factory in all of Africa. This was the case in the beginning of the 20th century.
- Migration: There needs to be a significant drive from those in nearby towns and also major cities to move to the coast, many would be iskabola looking for economic opportunities.
- Finally, the rollout of Osmanya script akin to the 1975 Literacy programme (probably the only good deed Afweyne did for this nation). This would bring youth to engage with Reer miyi and increase the literacy levels, while giving us an ideal implementation strategy for the Osmanya script.

Now the politics of it. Raas Casyr State would be run as follows:
- Moving away from presidency and towards a Kingdom, due many reasons, both economic, historic and political. However, there would be a prime minister who governs under him.
- Ruling kingdom: Boqortoy (Bah dir)
- Prime minister: Muuse Suldan
- Deputy prime minister: Siwaaqroon
- Speaker of house of representatives: Ismaiil Salebaan

Raas Casyr State would function outside of Puntland as part of the Puntland State, however internally it would be its own phantom state. A 30 year treaty to separate and then return would allow the coastal towns to significantly develop, for Puntland to test out Kingdom as a political instrument and for their to be a multitude of cities that are economically viable to live in.

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
Lol my tuulo is also under funded. Guess there is also a case for us to break away and create a boqortoyo

The Case for Raas Casyr:
View attachment 314332

One of the most fundamental aspects that Puntland needs to address in my opinion has to be the "West vs East" divide.

Firstly, historically, the capital was Bargaal. Now I understand for pragmatic reasons it had to be a city that could be connected (hence Bosaso and then Garowe). However, the complete abandonment of the coastal Eastern towns is alarming and severe underutilisation of Puntland's potential. Murcanyo, Bargaal, Xaafuun, Xandha, Hordio and Bayla. Coastal development is greater investment and sustainable supply of economic production than any other resource. Having the longest coast, and by extension Puntland having the longest coast amongst the Goboleed's, means we must utilise it as the main source of prosperity. Right now, Bosaso & Garowe have reached their stead state in my opinion. Not much can be done to drastically improve the economic gains that can come from it (investment in the port for Bosaso maybe but doesn't drastically move the needle).

What is needed is the revival of the coastal towns of Puntland. The proposal is as follows:
- The establishment (as it has been created, however it is just dormant) of Raas Casyr.
- A treaty with Puntland. This is still part of Puntland, however a 20-30 year autonomy in order to establish the East of Puntland (coastal areas).
- Bargaal is the political centre, Bayla is the economic centre (Garowe & Bosaso respectively).
- Main area of investment would be roads. Building roads from Bayla to Qardho. Bargaal to Bosaso.
- Xaafuun: An industrial hub. Warshada cusub. This has the potential to be the largest salt factory in all of Africa. This was the case in the beginning of the 20th century.
- Migration: There needs to be a significant drive from those in nearby towns and also major cities to move to the coast, many would be iskabola looking for economic opportunities.
- Finally, the rollout of Osmanya script akin to the 1975 Literacy programme (probably the only good deed Afweyne did for this nation). This would bring youth to engage with Reer miyi and increase the literacy levels, while giving us an ideal implementation strategy for the Osmanya script.

- Moving away from presidency and towards a Kingdom, due many reasons, both economic, historic and political. However, there would be a prime minister who governs under him.

Raas Casyr State would function outside of Puntland as part of the Puntland State, however internally it would be its own phantom state. A 30 year treaty to separate and then return would allow the coastal towns to significantly develop, for Puntland to test out Kingdom as a political instrument and for their to be a multitude of cities that are economically viable to live in.

Me when I don't get enough MP seats in PL Parlement

F0qmg0kWIAE89Ak.jpg

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
The Case for Raas Casyr:
View attachment 314332

I support this, Puntland barely gives us any attention we got no roads no nothing it sucks up there and it isnt fun being a fisherman anymore when all the other clans get to develop more and we are stuck in place.

The Case for Raas Casyr:
View attachment 314332

Osmayna's script is a bad idea and will only serve to confuse people further. The Latin script also makes learning to read in English easier for Somalis. English is a useful business language.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Osmayna's script is a bad idea and will only serve to confuse people further. The Latin script also makes learning to read in English easier for Somalis. English is a useful business language.
latin or arabic but in somali is useful but osmanya is ok as well, we barely have schools there so any form of literacy is good for us.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
The Case for Raas Casyr:
View attachment 314332

Me when I don't get enough MP seats in PL Parlement

View attachment 314348
god, the flag is getting worse and worse. Learn Color theory before making another hideous one.

Bro if the loser incel script ( apologies to the great kenadiid) is used then I’m seceding from that state and rejoining puntland

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Jibril saying deal with emirates will be made in xaafun for base and investment. He throwing out very specific numbers got me curious if this is actually in pipeline . This is good money if reinvested in area

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts