Question for the guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyche

To each their own
@Aaegal if you want some perspective to why men are allowed multiple wives and why Women are can only have a husband I'll tell you.

1. Men were the providers in the past so they could provide for many but females couldn't do the same.

2. Continuing the blood line for males would be difficult due to not knowing who the father of female's child is if she had multiple husbands, thus causing tension.

3. One of the signs of the day of judgement is that the number of men would decrease until there is one for every fifty females. I think that point is pretty self explanatory.

Personally I plan on have a single partner like most Somali diaspora in the west. The only ones would plan on have more than one wife are usually FOB or insecure men

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
@Aaegal if you want some perspective to why men are allowed multiple wives and why Women are can only have a husband I'll tell you.

1. Men were the providers in the past so they could provide for many but females couldn't do the same.

2. Continuing the blood line for males would be difficult due to not knowing who the father of female's child is if she had multiple husbands, thus causing tension.

3. One of the signs of the day of judgement is that the number of men would decrease until there is one for every fifty females. I think that point is pretty self explanatory.

Personally I plan on have a single partner like most Somali diaspora in the west. The only ones would plan on have more than one wife are usually FOB or insecure men

Okay but none of those things apply in modern times. Women can provide, DNA tests and I don't believe in a judgement day but why isn't it 1 for every 4 since that seems to be the limit.

psyche

To each their own
Okay but none of those things apply in modern times. Women can provide, DNA tests and I don't believe in a judgement day but why isn't it 1 for every 4 since that seems to be the limit.

I ain't the most religious person so I cant really answer that question to your satisfaction.

But you gotta admit that polygyny is much more applicable than polyandry. Not that I support it. Monogamous relationships are always better anyway

"The only ones would plan on have more than one wife are usually FOB or insecure men"

If Allah (swt) has given the man the means to provide for a 2nd, 3rd or 4th wife and he chooses to marry a 2nd wife than according to you he is a FOB or insecure
.:ayaanswag:

Keo

VIP
I don't think there are more Somali women. I got 5 brothers and 2 sisters. My mom has 4 brothers and 3 sisters.

psyche

To each their own
"The only ones would plan on have more than one wife are usually FOB or insecure men"

If Allah (swt) has given the man the means to provide for a 2nd, 3rd or 4th wife and he chooses to marry a 2nd wife than according to you he is a FOB or insecure
.:ayaanswag:

I stand by my word.

Most of you guys seem to lack the understandings of having multiple wives. It is not as simple as it sounds.

The majority of men here who plan on having more than one wife seem to either be FOBish or insecure. Just my observation.

Despite that there might be a rare individual or two that might be fit to two wives or more.

I stand by my word.

Most of you guys seem to lack the understandings of having multiple wives. It is not as simple as it sounds.

The majority of men here who plan on having more than one wife seem to either be FOBish or insecure. Just my observation.

Despite that there might be a rare individual or two that might be fit to two wives or more.
"Most of you guys seem to lack the understandings of having multiple wives. It is not as simple as it sounds."

I'm not saying it's simple, before he can even think about a 2nd wife he has to for fill the rights of his 1st wife:

Financial rights, kind treatment such as loving, respecting, protecting, listening, caring, cherishing and praising her. Helping her raise the kids and helping her with the house chores like the prophet (PBUH) did with his wives

Imam Malik , al-Shafi’e and Abu Hanifa also support this.

Aisha, the wife of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), was asked, “What did the Prophet (ﷺ) use to do in his house?” She replied, “He used to keep himself busy serving his family (كَانَ يَكُونُ فِي مِهْنَةِ أَهْلِهِ) and when it was the time for prayer he would go for it.” (Bukhari)

the Prophet (PBUH) has also said “The best of you is the one who is best to his wife, and I am the best of you to my wives.”(Tirmidhi; Ibn Majah)

If the husband does all of that and if he can for fill the rights of a 2nd wife than he can most certainly marry a 2nd lkn if he is struggling to for fill the rights of his 1st wife than its haram for him to even marry a 2nd wife. I know there are husbands who neglect the 1st wife than marry 2nd wife, they are clearly sinning by doing that lkn that's between them and Allah

"The majority of men here who plan on having more than one wife seem to either be FOBISH or INSECURE. Just my observation."

Subjective opinion noted:)

So only men are allowed to keep multiple partners or are you okay if women do the same?

It's not even a healthy relationship system and just breeds jealousy and antipathy between the wives. Good luck getting any educated women with an ounce of self-worth to be into that sort of thing.

You have 4 wives and x amount of children with them. Do you all live with each other or do you separate them into different households? How do you afford all that first of all? How do you divide the time between your wives and attention given to your children? Clearly you'll have a favorite between them, so what will you do when the others get jealous? What if your wives do not get along with each other? Like I said, relationships are hard, why add to the nonsense...
Instead of the female being mad at you they will spend all their time competing for your attention they will never atogonize you they will compete with each other. If things get out of hand just keep it in check but don’t uproot the hatred they have for each other all together.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Instead of the female being mad at you they will spend all their time competing for your attention they will never atogonize you they will compete with each other. If things get out of hand just keep it in check but don’t uproot the hatred they have for each other all together.
That is just stupid dude...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:lolbron:Sxb I rather not say which qabiil I belong to, I've seen how people use that in an argument, this way I can talk about qabiil related issues without someone saying "you're from this qabiil", "why are you saying this" or "why are you defending such and such) plus (I feel) I have already revealed too much information about myself

:lolbron:Sxb I rather not say which qabiil I belong to, I've seen how people use that in an argument, this way I can talk about qabiil related issues without someone saying "you're from this qabiil", "why are you saying this" or "why are you defending such and such) plus (I feel) I have already revealed too much information about myself
Your username already exposed you sxb.

Your username already exposed you sxb.

Well, I chose the name cuz my ayeeyo (may Allah swt rest her soul) on my mothers side was born there, she is also the person who chose a somali name for me, before I think my user name was Africa36493 something like that.

Curious question, I keep seeing that word hutu what is it, is it a word that is used to insult a certain qabiil or part of the country

I've seen the qabiil threads and the names people use in order to insult one another

Well, I chose the name cuz my ayeeyo (may Allah swt rest her soul) on my mothers side was born there, she is also the person who chose a somali name for me, before I think my user name was Africa36493 something like that.

Curious question, I keep seeing that word **** what is it, is it a word that is used to insult a certain qabiil or part of the country

I've seen the qabiil threads and the names people use in order to insult one another

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
I stand by my word.

Retract your statement

"You shouldn't be scared Bro."

Well, I'm not afraid of words on a screen lkn we're anonymous so what's the point of revealing personal details and who knows whether they might be true or false, it isn't difficult for a non-somali to learn about Somalia the name of the states,goballada, qabiiladda, sub-sub clans or a few Somali words and than create a account and pretend to be Somali

I just don't see the point of revealing too much info

Although I'm guilty of that:mjlol:

:lolbron: revealing too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts