Question for Reer Waqooyi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't understand basic somali (maxa tiri) it will be hard for you to understand these regional dialects.

He is speaking in a pure banadiri dialect, admitedly he is from jowhar but my family is for marca and we speak the same banadiri-ish dialect. That dialect is common among minority folks and those who grew up among them.

This is also marka dialect spoken by the giwil-cad folks:

Af-maay is different than that bu close and i can understand them perfectly well bu i have hard time speaking the latter. The good side about being from south is you can understand everyone and is prety diverse.

If you can't understand basic somali (maxa tiri) it will be hard for you to understand these regional dialects.

He is speaking in a pure banadiri dialect, admitedly he is from jowhar but my family is for marca and we speak the same banadiri-ish dialect. That dialect is common among minority folks and those who grew up among them.

This is also marka dialect spoken by the giwil-cad folks:

Af-maay is different than that bu close and i can understand them perfectly well bu i have hard time speaking the latter. The good side about being from south is you can understand everyone and is prety diverse.

Is the Marka cad cad dialect different to Af Barawanese ? Do you understand Af Barawnese ?

Isn't Chimini considered a Swahili dialect?
Yeah , it is . I am asking if the marka cad cad dialect is similar to Af Barawanese or just another Southern Somali dialect . From the video it just sounds like another Southern Somali dialect ......but seems hard to understand because the words are pronounced very differently or sometimes used in a different position ........

Sxb, Woqooyi is the original and standard dialect. The rest are new and mixed. :nahgirl:
Waqooyi has too much DHs and the tone sometimes sounds like a tune but Mudug is high quality Somali and it is clear for people to understand.
Mudug >>>>

Loool wtf, i was expecting some next weird language but that was fine. I understood all of that :gucciwhat:

What are you guys on about? :bell:

Waqooyi accent sounds retarded:nahgirl:

I can understand all the regional accents, people who say they don't are either lying or just don't understand Somali well as it is.
Although I have to actively listen to some of the strong accents like this or some reer waqooyi accents. Everything else sounds normal to me and I can hardly tell them apart.

I can't understand waqooyi accent, they have completely different words for things. Like toilet is suuli or spoon has some next word malcaqad? malqacad? aint nobody trying to learn a whole new language here :jaynerd:

Most people I've met both koonfur and waqooyi consider mudug somali the standard and thats because its the easiest to understand and very straightforward.

I also believe the Somali constitution has mudug as the official as well, someone from koonfur might have a hardtime understanding waqooyi and vice versa for waqooyi but they all understand mudug.

With that being said I barely understand what he's saying since he's talking so fast and butchering words:fantasia2:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Isn’t language beautiful, very diverse and rich no matter where u go. This guy might have a little accent but he is speaking standard Somali :)

On the other hand, if u didn’t understand what he was saying, u wouldn’t understand a word of maymaay.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
I understood some words he was saying but had a hard time understanding all of the sentences, I normally understand all somali dialects but this one was hard for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending