Qardho elects former IDP to local council

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf M

PuntExit
Why?! because we elected 1 guy out of 87 Puntland could crumble. damn!
I didn't know our foundations were that flimsy. Man stop watching Fox news.
First they'll demand council seats, then mayorship, then Gubernatorial, and finally the Presidency. It is easy to see the pattern here. Don't be another kumbaya. Your type are so gullible.

First they'll demand council seats, then mayorship, then Gubernatorial, and finally the Presidency. It is easy to see the pattern here. Don't be another kumbaya. Your type are so gullible.
Well if all Somalis moved to Puntland, after 10 years they will be eligible to vote and get elected.
I'm guessing this is your reaction.
Michael Scott No GIF

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

You sound like an angry white guy that seen a black family move into his neighbourhood.

At the end of the day, we are all Somalis, qabiil is an irrelevant factor. We have more that unites Somalis than divides us, so I don't understand this hostile attitude towards people you share a language, culture, religion, history and country with.

Even if your concerns are valid, it would take well over two million IDPs for MJ to become a minority in Puntland. Even if that was the case, there will still be several if not the majority of constituencies that will be MJ majority.

In short, grow the f*ck up man.

Yusuf M

PuntExit
Well if all Somalis moved to Puntland, after 10 years they will be eligible to vote and get elected.
I'm guessing this is your reaction.
Michael Scott No GIF
Seriously, that law sucks. I firmly believe only those who have deep roots in a region should only run for office. I'd be against my own people if they went to another region and tried to run for office.

Yusuf M

PuntExit
You sound like an angry white guy that seen a black family move into his neighbourhood.

At the end of the day, we are all Somalis, qabiil is an irrelevant factor. We have more that unites Somalis than divides us, so I don't understand this hostile attitude towards people you share a language, culture, religion, history and country with.

Even if your concerns are valid, it would take well over two million IDPs for MJ to become a minority in Puntland. Even if that was the case, there will still be several if not the majority of constituencies that will be MJ majority.

In short, grow the f*ck up man.

Being against bad and dangerous ideas isn't sounding like an angry white guy, it is common sense.

And how do we share same language when their primary language af maay is untelligible to ours. Even their culture is different from ours.

I will always speak my mind even if every single person in the world is against me.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Being against bad and dangerous ideas isn't sounding like an angry white guy, it is common sense.

And how do we share same language when they're primary language af maay is untelligible to ours. Even their culture is different from ours.

I will always speak my mind even if every single person in the world is against me.

How is it bad and dangerous?

Because a minority of them support AS?

Like how a minority of Muslims are terrorists?

It is PL's responsibility to vet those that come into PL. If there is a concern with a group, then vet the individuals. Collective punishment is not only stupid but incredibly immoral.

Regardless of Af-Maay, they could be cadaan gaalo called Jim and Sharon for all I care.

As long as they hold citizenship of Somalia, they are welcome to anywhere in Somalia. Our culture is built on the freedom of movement as nomads yet we are letting qabiil trump that essential aspect to what makes the Somali ethnicity.

Waa yaab.

:farmajoyaab:

And how do we share same language when their primary language af maay is untelligible to ours. Even their culture is different from ours.

Two teachers of mine were raxanweyn, our neighbors were raxanweyn, they were part of the community since the civil war. you can't tell them you don't belong here, in fact they belong more than someone his parents hail from the region who lived abroad his whole life and never visited there.

Bittersweet moment, Id enjoy this more if SWS the place where Muhsin hails from isn't actively trying to sabotage us. How many times has Deni shown utmost support for RX idp in our land whilst Laftagareen attacks us on behalf of Farmaajo and hasn't even acknowledged what we've done for his kinsmen, Heck he even took away our seats in SWS.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I would love to have a chat to this 'councillor' around his views on IDPS and if they are here just to slouch from the UN and taking PL aid quota while keeping the south-west for themselves. I also have questions for him about rumours that shabab use them as foot-soldiers to harm puntland people who have hosted his people. I also have questions regarding when are they going to invest in PL and rent properties or buy new ones. I have heard rumors the money u make in PL u send back to SW to develop. This is an uncceptable arrangement. I want IDPS to stop creating slums in Puntland as it effects the locals who will copy them.

@Jiron I am suspicious of the south-west ppl who are rumored to send your poor ppl to leech of other regions such as PL but also Somalia as a whole, while you keep the south-west for yourself. Maybe we should have dual migration programs to create a sense of fairness. SW must host PL displaced nomads and give them a plot of farm land, maybe we can create a 'mutual migration system' that both communities benefit from.

Either way I don't mind people move into PL, but show me them participating in security forces and dying for the state like the locals do. I also want to see them spend their money in PL and invest. I know how the poor people operate. The grandmother gets free rice bags from wfp and a monthly sustenance income, they send their kids to clean shoes or wash cars, they send the girls to be maids, they send the adult males to be labourers, they all come back and put together their earnings and go to 'dahabshil' to send back to SW to develop a properties or invest in businesses there.

They won't even use amal ka waran xasidnimadooda. Ma raban inay shilin geliyan puntland. Water-school-food r provided free of charge to them also by the UN. Marka maxaa dan noogu jiro inay puntland joggan dad ka fekerayo inay dhulkooda ku laabtan markay nabad noqoto and to leech and squeeze every cent out of puntland and not put back a cent in. I wish we had more investigative journalist who ask our representatives the HARD QUESTIONS or else it will lead to suspicions and clan anomosity if these are not answered.

Soo gala habar gedir who have a radical policy on rahanwayn infilterations nation wide. Keygi ana leh iyo kaagi waan kula cuni weeye siyasadooda. They want to siphon all aid money by sending their poor ppl nation wide while the locals are neglected. @Bariire @Galmudug-State

Two teachers of mine were raxanweyn, our neighbors were raxanweyn, they were part of the community since the civil war. you can't tell them you don't belong here, in fact they belong more than someone his parents hail from the region who lived abroad his whole life and never visited there.
No marti will belong in a place more than where someone hails from, Puntites as a dowlad are fair but by no means as a clan we disregard tribal land/kinsmen, push your luck and find out the hard way.

No marti will belong in a place more than where someone hails from, Puntites as a dowlad are fair but by no means as a clan we disregard tribal land/kinsmen, push your luck and find out the hard way.
The new reality is if a Somali lived in Puntland for 10 years he's no longer marti but a Puntlander and majority of people back home don't mind that.

Yusuf M

PuntExit
How is it bad and dangerous?

Because a minority of them support AS?

Like how a minority of Muslims are terrorists?

It is PL's responsibility to vet those that come into PL. If there is a concern with a group, then vet the individuals. Collective punishment is not only stupid but incredibly immoral.

Regardless of Af-Maay, they could be cadaan gaalo called Jim and Sharon for all I care.

As long as they hold citizenship of Somalia, they are welcome to anywhere in Somalia. Our culture is built on the freedom of movement as nomads yet we are letting qabiil trump that essential aspect to what makes the Somali ethnicity.

Waa yaab.

:farmajoyaab:
Actually, a large percentage of Shabab terror attacks against PL have been carried out by them. I'd even say most terror attacks are by them. When you put Somalis of different clans in the same area they will eventually fight one another for land, resources, and political power. It is as clear as day light no matter how much you try to deny it. That is some of the reasons why it is a bad and dangerous idea. I'm not being hateful, I'm just a realist.

And how the hell can PL vet unlimited numbers of people coming from other regions? It is not like PL is a first world country with lots of money and technology to vet them all. Even America experiences difficulty in vetting people. It is better not to take any chances.

And I've noticed you had a weak come back on the af maay issue that I raised. That their primary language is untelligible to ours when you said we have same language.

:russ:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The new reality is if a Somali lived in Puntland for 10 years he's no longer marti but a Puntlander and majority of people back home don't mind that.

I do not think it should be 10 years, when Somalia becomes stable.

As soon as you move regions, register as a resident with the local authorities and receive your identification card.

You will lose the right to vote or call yourself a resident in your home region but can vote in your new region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending