QA about Al Kabaab with Mohamed Cadow of Al Jazeera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know how they started, why people joined them and why is it so hard to stop AS, very
interesting. I wish he elaborated on which countries support Somalia otherwise Mohamed Cadow is a well spoken man.

:pacspit: Ethiopian government.

S

Shamis

I didn't know how they started, why people joined them and why is it so hard to stop AS, very
interesting. I wish he elaborated on which countries support Somalia otherwise Mohamed Cadow is a well spoken man.

:pacspit: Ethiopian government.

I also wish he'd listed them and how much they've spent. I think its most likely the countries who have restarted diplomatic relations in recent years.

I missed the part about the Ethiopian government (double tasking at the moment) - when does he mention them?

I also wish he'd listed them and how much they've spent. I think its most likely the countries who have restarted diplomatic relations in recent years.

I missed the part about the Ethiopian government (double tasking at the moment) - when does he mention them?

He did not mention them directly but he said there are countries don't want Somalia back into the international community, not in those words. I know Ethiopia would be 1st on that list.

S

Shamis

They're definitely number one, but Kenya is also trying to sneak as many human rights abuses against Somalis (to displace them from NEP) and even a sovereign water grab while we're in this mess. I read on Hamza Africa's twitter that Kenya wants our waters in exchange for their war against Al Kabaab.

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
The waters belong to Kenya. Kenya's territorial integrity is of utmost importance and we will strive to secure those waters.

S

Shamis

The waters belong to Kenya. Kenya's territorial integrity is of utmost importance and we will strive to secure those waters.

They are trying to change existing borders. If they can get away with this, we can claim the NEP as our territory. This is an attempted murder suicide for Kenya.

HalyeeyQaran

Somalia has no leverage in claiming anything. They can't even secure their capital, let alone their country, and you expect any of their claims to be taken seriously. The ungrateful Somali NGO government needs to thank Kenya for its genuine efforts to help stabilize their country. Chismaiu would still be in the hands of Al Shabaab if it wasn't for the KDF liberating it.

S

Shamis

I'm not sure if you're blindly patriotic or being an online troll.

S

Shamis

He's a Bantu. Just ignore him. Nobody cares about his whiny Bantu ass.

One minute he's a qabiil qabqable from Somalia and the next minute a card carrying Kenyan. I think he's either Kenyan proper or a Habesha.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
One minute he's a qabiil qabqable from Somalia and the next minute a card carrying Kenyan. I think he's either Kenyan proper or a Habesha.

He pm to not ask him qabil related questions, I'm pretty sure he is mixed Kenyan Madow and somali. Friggin weirdo.

If he's an actual full Kenya/ethiopian Im worried for the state of all somali people. He knows the ins and outs of somali qabil alliances too well. That's disturbing.

HalyeeyQaran

I'm a proud Kenyan citizen of Somali descent and my aunt holds a distinguished position in the Kenyan government. Other members of my family are represented in Kenyan politics, military, and academia.

S

Shamis

He pm to not ask him qabil related questions, I'm pretty sure he is mixed Kenyan Madow and somali. Friggin weirdo.

If he's an actual full Kenya/ethiopian Im worried for the state of all somali people. He knows the ins and outs of somali qabil alliances too well. That's disturbing.

That's strange seeing as he was posting essay length diatribes about a Somali qabiil a few weeks ago. Only the other day he was making derogatory comments about several other qabiils. Now he wants to bash us a whole. Next month he'll hate all Africans and the month after that, bipeds.

HalyeeyQaran :hmm: Name your aunt or it never happened. On second thoughts, there is no one Somali family who are that well represented in Kenyan politics. Its awkward to claim a clan as legitimate family. Don't ride coattails.

S

Shamis

She's not your aunt or I'd be able to claim historical figures as my great X infinity grandparents.

HalyeeyQaran

We're from the same sub-sub-sub clan. :childplease: I know her personally but that doesn't mean anything. Here in Kenya, we are strongly against nepotism.

S

Shamis

I know her personally but that doesn't mean anything

Really cringeworthy if she's your actual aunt. Also sub sub sub clan is still a tribal affiliation. An aunt or uncle is either your parent's sibling or their first cousin.

HalyeeyQaran

Really cringeworthy if she's your actual aunt. Also sub sub sub clan is still a tribal affiliation. An aunt or uncle is either your parent's sibling or their first cousin.
How is it cringeworthy?

That's not the case for Somalis, everyone who isn't a grandparent or cousin is either your abti/habaryar or adeer/eedo.

S

Shamis

That you know your aunt in person? That would be a given if she was an actual aunt.
I grew up calling everyone aunt and uncle because of Somali culture. Its ceeb to actually call them family because the social rules are different. I do understand that in some cases a family style bond is forged i.e. living in Africa under the current climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending